Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Dunno if this is a Cricket thing or an Android Pie thing, but visual voicemail isn't downloading new voicemail and when I manually tell it to refresh, it just flashes "no connectivity" really rapidly at the bottom of the screen.

Anyone else having issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Yeah, I saw that in the update notes a while ago. I didn't trust Google managing my Wi-Fi when I had Project Fi, I'm not going to trust loving Cricket. Just gimme the data I'm paying for, thanks.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Price?

My Pixel 2 meets all those. A 3 should be affordable with semi frequent discounts these days.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

You'd probably get a Nokia 6.1 recommended. Photos are "okay" with it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Looking at Cricket's site, you basically need an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy for it to work.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Couldn't swap over to AT&T with the double data, cause apparently cricket and AT&T share numbers and the promo only works if a new number is created. <>

Can you port and not get the double data?

I was casually looking today and saving $5/month would be nice. I don't currently hit 8 GB on my Cricket plan, so don't really care if I get 16 GB or not.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I've been using AT&T Prepaid for a little over a year. Before this I was using Cricket,

I've been thinking about doing this, but keep mildly wondering if there were any catches and forgetting to ask. I just paid for another month, but I'll try to find an AT&T store in a few weeks.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I made a note to go to the AT&T store when my current month is up and switch, but also noticed that there's an online only deal of $25/month for the first year if you prepay for the entire year. Hmm...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

8 GB/month

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I'm looking at the $25/month promo at AT&T and have a couple of questions (it's been a while since I switched plans). I'm assuming that if I order the plan and a SIM card, the plan won't start counting down until I receive the card and activate/port to it. Is that correct?

https://www.att.com/buy/wireless/prepaid/select-plans

Under the terms, it says that the "months" renew every 30 days, so you get 360 days of service for $300. After that, once I go monthly, does AT&T continue to do 30 day months or do they renew on the same date every month?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

revwinnebago posted:

I think it's always 30 days from activation and thereafter, because they want to get that lump sum out of you every month.

Cricket charges me every month on the 8th...

If it renews every 30 days, that fucks with Android's usage tracker as you can only set it to reset on a specific date, not every X days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Thanks for posting. My dad uses them for his emergency phone (that he never uses cause he doesn't leave the house by himself anymore). I'm sure I'm going to get a call about it when they notice the change.