Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm off tonight - next update Monday evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

CirclMastr posted:

As I understand it, if we clear off the non-urgent one, it frees up the space for the next card so the urgent one won't fall off.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Well, that works out a little better then, but we really need to go hunting for some fur at some point.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The plan as is seems fine to me, not that I can review or tell what's going on. Currently sitting in the airport departure lounge, so I will be back for the next turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

You guys are going to need to pinpoint who goes where, for what - if you're doing a bunch of 1 worker actions, it becomes very important in case of exhausted sources or other effects.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Stelas posted:

You guys are going to need to pinpoint who goes where, for what - if you're doing a bunch of 1 worker actions, it becomes very important in case of exhausted sources or other effects.

I think the only person using one worker on a single effect is Morpheus.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

ActingPower posted:

I think the only person using one worker on a single effect is Morpheus.

Actually all the gathering is one worker apiece.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I still need to know who goes where, though! Or at the very least, which sources you're going to use from which tiles.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

I'll gather Food from the Southwest and Northwest, while CirclMaster gathers... if he goes East by himself, can he gather both at once? Or does that require two separate gather actions?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It requires two actions, but he's already accounted for that anyway by using both his pawns.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I've completely lost track and don't have time to review right now - I thought you'd be done by the time I got home yesterday. Do the working out, I'll start making my own input again as of the next turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Jedit posted:

I've completely lost track and don't have time to review right now - I thought you'd be done by the time I got home yesterday.

Yeah, sorry about that. I got snowed under as well - update will happen later today, after I'm back from work.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6

Resolve Phase

1 Food is gained from the Shortcut.

Threats: Spending a wood, the Carpenter gets warm, and gets 1 Determination. The card is discarded.

Hunting: The Soldier hunts.

Puma posted:

Weapons 5, Food 2, Fur 1. If you do not have the Cure, take 2 Wounds.
I'm assuming the group use the other shot of their Pistol, to prevent as much damage as possible. Even so, they are missing the Cure - the Soldier takes 2 Wounds. 2 Food is gained, 1 Fur is gained. Weapons drop to 0.

Building: The Carpenter spends 3 Determination to ensure the Snare is built on an automatic success. The camp gains a +Food token, and the Carpenter takes 2 Determination back.

Gathering:

The Explorer gathers some Food, with an automatic adventure card. (Success/No Wound)

Surprise in the Bushes posted:

It's your lucky day! You have found a very useful item in the bushes.

DECIDE: Discard this card right now, or draw a Starting Item and shuffle this card into the deck.

Later Effects: -1 Morale.
The Explorer gathers some more Food. (Success/No Wound/No Adventure)

The Cook gathers some Food. (Success/No Wound/Adventure)

Skeleton posted:

While walking through the forest, you find a skeleton sat up against a tree. Next to it, a leatherbound and yellowed book, thick with age and weight, has somehow survived the elements. You take it.

The card is shuffled into the deck.
The Cook gathers some Wood. (Success/No Wound/Adventure)

Everyone, do you take the Surprise In The Bushes deal? I have to ask now, before Weather hits!

Stelas fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 13, 2014

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm inclined to take it since we just spent our other item. But we could easily get hosed.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Surprise in the Bushes posted:

It's your lucky day!

Why does that not fill me with confidence? :stonk:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CirclMastr posted:

I'm inclined to take it since we just spent our other item. But we could easily get hosed.

Stelas, what are the starting items? Knowing this would make the decision easier.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

There's a fairly big deck you can draw from, so I'm not going to list them out, but all the Starting Items are 2-shot consumables. The pistol you just used up for +3 temporary Weapon Level was a starting item, for instance, as was the glass bottle you double-tapped first turn for +2 Weapons.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Our Morale is pretty good atm, though, right? A new item would probably be to our benefit.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Worst case, we spend one guy to raise morale. We should use it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

ActingPower posted:

Our Morale is pretty good atm, though, right? A new item would probably be to our benefit.

Counterpoint - I just took two wounds and I think that puts us close to dropping a Morale point. I still think we should take the item, but I could use some fixing up.

We have no weapons right now, so I suggest I spend this turn building the Spear.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Jedit posted:

We have no weapons right now, so I suggest I spend this turn building the Spear.

:siren: Correction: :siren:

It's been pointed out to me that the Puma doesn't decrease weapons. So after your temporary bonus fizzles you are still at 2.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Stelas posted:

:siren: Correction: :siren:

It's been pointed out to me that the Puma doesn't decrease weapons. So after your temporary bonus fizzles you are still at 2.

OK. On the other hand, we're also out of Pistol shots. If there are beasts that need 5 Weapons to hunt successfully, building the Spear is still not the worst idea as it puts us back up to 5.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Jedit posted:

OK. On the other hand, we're also out of Pistol shots. If there are beasts that need 5 Weapons to hunt successfully, building the Spear is still not the worst idea as it puts us back up to 5.

I could do that once the turn starts, I have enough determination to get it guaranteed with one man.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Morpheus posted:

I could do that once the turn starts, I have enough determination to get it guaranteed with one man.

You can't. It's Soldier specific, I have to be involved even if you help.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ActingPower posted:

Why does that not fill me with confidence? :stonk:

You say that about finding an item in the bushes, but not about nicking a book off a skeleton?

TURN 6 CONT.

The group chooses to take the Item. The card is shuffled into the Event deck. A starting item is drawn:

Storm Glass posted:

Roll the Weather Dice before the Action Phase, but resolve them normally during the Weather Phase. (In effect: Know what's coming.)

All resources become available.

Weather Phase: The Rain die is rolled. (Snow)

One wood is required to warm the camp from snow.
Your roof of 2 holds against the precipitation.

Night Phase

Four food is used to feed the group. No-one goes cold or hungry tonight.

Status - Turn 5 Night Phase posted:

Morale: +1
Weapon Level: 2
Shelter: Temporary
Roof Level: 2
Palisade Level: 1
Hunting Deck: Empty
Current Player: Jedit

Jedit - Soldier: Max----X---|X---Dead - Determination: 2
Morpheus - Carpenter: Max---|X---X--X---Dead - Determination: 4
CirclMastr - Cook: Max--|X---X--X--X--Dead - Determination: 0
ActingPower - Explorer: Max----|X-----X-Dead - Determination: 4

Goals:

Fire: Yes
Woodpile: 3/15

-
--
---
---x
---xx

Current Effects:
    +1 Wood on the Camp Tile.
    +1 Food on the Camp Tile.
Available Resources:
  • 1 Fur, 1 Wood, 2 Food
  • 1 Explorer aide per turn
  • Tokens:
    • Pot -> +2 Wound Recovery
    • +1 Weapon Level
  • Treasures:
    • Boxes: All Food is Non-Perishable.
    • Herbal Mixture: Discard to look at the top card of the Event deck.
Starting Items:
  • Storm Glass (2 uses left): Roll Weather dice at the start of the Action Phase.
Threat Cards:
  • Empty.
  • Urgent - Stronger Roof: 1 worker, Fur: Discard this card and get 1 Determination. Falloff Penalty: +1 raincloud on the next Weather turn.
Inventions:
    Generic
  • Shovel: (Beach)
  • Bricks: (Hills - +1 Palisade.)
  • Cure: (Plains)
  • Dam: (River, 1 Wood - +2 Non-Perishable Food.)
  • Rope
  • Fire
  • Knife
  • Map: +1 Explorer worker.
  • Pot: Allows healing during Night Phase.

Advanced
  • Bow: (Rope, Knife, 1 Wood - +3 Weapon Level.)
  • Pit: (Shovel, 1 Wood - During Production, roll Building Wound die. On a wound, +2 Food.)
  • Raft: (Rope, 2 Wood - +1 Gatherer worker or +1 Explorer worker.)
  • Sling: (1 Fur or 1 Wood - +2 Weapon Level.)
  • Furnace: (Brick - Ignore 1 Snow.)

Character-Specific (Character must contribute at least 1 worker, gains +2 Determination on success.)
  • Soldier - Spear: (Knife, 1 Wood - +3 Weapon Level.)
  • Carpenter - Snare: +1 Food Token on camp tile.
  • Chef - Fireplace: (Fire - Heal 2 health per Food in Night Phase.)
  • Explorer - Shortcut: Place a Shortcut token on a tile adjacent to your camp. During Production, gain a Resource of your choice from that tile.

Scenario-Specific
  • Mast: (Rope, Wood, Fur - +3 Wood, only for the pile.)
  • Hatchet - +1 Wood Token on the camp tile.

This is likely a formality this turn, but do you wish to move camp, heal, or use items/tokens during the Night Phase?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I think we should use the token to heal the soldier (Jedit) and might as well use the other one to increase our weapon. Jedit can confirm.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Morpheus posted:

I think we should use the token to heal the soldier (Jedit) and might as well use the other one to increase our weapon. Jedit can confirm.

Seconded.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Absolutely.
Also, do we put our 1 surplus wood on the pile?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Don't we have to put 3 on at once for the next column?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

No. You can place any amount of wood on at any time, but cannot fill more than one line a turn.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So would putting 1 wood on now prevent us from building the Mast?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I don't think it would prevent you from building the mast, but I am inclined to say it would waste one of the Mast's three Wood. I don't think the rules or the FAQ mention it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

We can wait for the wood. Putting one wood on this turn isn't really going to do anything - saving up wood doesn't exactly hurt.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

So would putting 1 wood on now prevent us from building the Mast?

Oops, forgot about that. Nm, let's hold onto it for 3 later.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6 CONT.

The party use both their spare tokens, one to heal the Soldier and one to increase Weapons.

TURN 7

The snows are coming! All weather dice are added to the pool: snow will drain your wood resources regardless of how tough your shelter is, while the beast dice will damage your Palisade or attack the camp. Remember, if you're told to reduce a camp feature during the Weather Phase and you're missing some, everyone gets a wound!

Morpheus is the current player.

Event Phase: A card is drawn.

Secret Cave Resolution: Beast Awakens! posted:

The secret cave you found earlier turned out to be the home of a ravenous beast; it bears down on the camp, but you fight it back from your defenses.

A creature attacks: 3 Weapons are required. The group gain 2 Food, 1 Fur. Palisade level is decreased by 1. Draw another card.

Cold Rain posted:

Everything is wet, cold, grey. You miss the sight of the sun.

During the Weather Phase, +1 raincloud.

Threat:

Irrigation: 1 worker, Shovel: Discard this card and gain 1 Determination. Falloff Penalty: During the Weather Phase, +1 raincloud.

Morale Phase: Morpheus gets 1 Determination.

Production Phase: The camp produces 2 Wood, 1 Food, and a resource of the player's choice - this resource is available during the action phase.

Action Phase

Status - Turn 5 Night Phase posted:

Morale: +1
Weapon Level: 3
Shelter: Temporary
Roof Level: 2
Palisade Level: 0
Hunting Deck: Empty
Current Player: Morpheus

Jedit - Soldier: Max----X-|--X---Dead - Determination: 2
Morpheus - Carpenter: Max---|X---X--X---Dead - Determination: 2
CirclMastr - Cook: Max--|X---X--X--X--Dead - Determination: 0
ActingPower - Explorer: Max----|X-----X-Dead - Determination: 4

Goals:

Fire: Yes
Woodpile: 3/15

-
--
---
---x
---xx

Current Effects:
    +1 Wood on the Camp Tile.
    +1 Food on the Camp Tile.
Available Resources:
  • 2 Fur, 3 Wood, 5 Food
  • 1 Explorer aide per turn
  • Tokens:
    • None
  • Treasures:
    • Boxes: All Food is Non-Perishable.
    • Herbal Mixture: Discard to look at the top card of the Event deck.
Starting Items:
  • Storm Glass (2 uses left): Roll Weather dice at the start of the Action Phase.
Threat Cards:
  • Irrigation: 1 worker, Shovel: Discard this card and gain 1 Determination. Falloff Penalty: During the Weather Phase, +1 raincloud.
  • Urgent - Stronger Roof: 1 worker, Fur: Discard this card and get 1 Determination. Falloff Penalty: +1 raincloud on the next Weather turn.
Inventions:
    Generic
  • Shovel: (Beach)
  • Bricks: (Hills - +1 Palisade.)
  • Cure: (Plains)
  • Dam: (River, 1 Wood - +2 Non-Perishable Food.)
  • Rope
  • Fire
  • Knife
  • Map: +1 Explorer worker.
  • Pot: Allows healing during Night Phase.

Advanced
  • Bow: (Rope, Knife, 1 Wood - +3 Weapon Level.)
  • Pit: (Shovel, 1 Wood - During Production, roll Building Wound die. On a wound, +2 Food.)
  • Raft: (Rope, 2 Wood - +1 Gatherer worker or +1 Explorer worker.)
  • Sling: (1 Fur or 1 Wood - +2 Weapon Level.)
  • Furnace: (Brick - Ignore 1 Snow.)

Character-Specific (Character must contribute at least 1 worker, gains +2 Determination on success.)
  • Soldier - Spear: (Knife, 1 Wood - +3 Weapon Level.)
  • Carpenter - Snare: +1 Food Token on camp tile.
  • Chef - Fireplace: (Fire - Heal 2 health per Food in Night Phase.)
  • Explorer - Shortcut: Place a Shortcut token on a tile adjacent to your camp. During Production, gain a Resource of your choice from that tile.

Scenario-Specific
  • Mast: (Rope, Wood, Fur - +3 Wood, only for the pile.)
  • Hatchet - +1 Wood Token on the camp tile.

Everyone, decide your plan.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 16, 2014

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Also don't forget storm glass just picked up if you want to use it before figuring out your plan!

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Sure, we should go with the storm glass. (And the herbal mixture, too, si quieren.) Do you want to make the Shovel so we can eventually get the irrigation done? We definitely should do the Stronger Roof this turn. We should have the Shortcut produce Wood this turn, since we're fine on food. Do we need any more exploration? Does anybody need to rest or clean camp?

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 16, 2014

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm thinking we should take the food, actually. We can eat food at night for healing, after all, and it seems like it'll be needed.

So, here's what I'm thinking:
1 worker for Stronger Roof
2 workers to build Brick; it gets our palisade back for no resource cost, and allows us to build the Furnace next turn.
2 workers to build Mast; gets us wood on the pile.
2 workers to build Shovel for next threat card.
1 worker to either try building the Spear, or gather.

All subject to change based on the weather roll and next event, obviously.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

All right, so the question rests: who will split their workers?

Also, Stelas, We're using the Storm Glass once. And the Herbal Mixture, guys? (I know I'm bugging you about it, but I hate having it around, and I'm the one who found it, so I'd just like to use it as soon as it's helpful to us and get it over with.)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm fine with using the herbal mixture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Yeah, use the Mixture before we decide anything.

• Locked thread