Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I could do aC.

##vote aC

That's -1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

kaschei posted:

What's the current state of mafia, while I cook dinner?

Current state is apathetic.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'd be cool with an asiina lynch. Contradictory statements are contradictory.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

I thought aC looked bad day 1, and he hasn't done anything to change my opinion since then. I'm going to go back and re-read Asiina more carefully, but my initial take was that I didn't really follow her logic but her sentiment seemed genuine.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote asiina

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have company ##vote AC

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: apostateCourier, we hardly knew ye :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm at the beach dunno what he is. Flip later

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's okay one of his scum buddies can confirm what he is.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

I'm at the beach dunno what he is. Flip later

Hahahaha come back home poque!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Orange Lego, vanilla town!

I will make this flip pretty later on. Consider the thread CLOSED

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

apostateCourier (5): King Burgundy, Quidnose, fiery_valkyrie, Asiina, Opopanax
Opopanax (1): kaschei, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Asiina, Asiina
King Burgundy (1): Quidnose, greatZebu, Quidnose
Asiina (1): apostateCourier
Quidnose (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, apostateCourier
Hal Incandenza (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Asiina, Asiina, apostateCourier, apostateCourier

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

There are 9 living players. It takes 5 votes to lynch!

The current deadline is August 01st, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh GOD that brick was pointing upward! It's so sharp on the edges. The boy howled in pain, bringing up his foot to reveal another brick.

apostateCourier - Orange 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Vanilla - was stomped on Day 2!

Night 1 begins now!
Night actions in whenever you can, please - within 24 hours.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Opopanax - Yellow 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Doctor - was put away on Night 2!

quote:

Every night, you may submit a player's name (aside from yourself). If successful, they will be protected from any kill attempts.

Day 3 begins now!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Man, I thought Opo looked scummy yesterday, too

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay real talk I'm just going to claim because I can't figure out how to use my role effectively. I've tried everything but you all suck, although in reality it's probably me who sucks.

I am a self-watcher. It's a passive ability where I watch myself to see if anyone came to visit me. I wasn't sure if I should claim ~power role~ to try to get a roleblocker on me or act scummy to try to get an investigation on me or be super extra helpful town to get a doctor on me.

But alas despite my best efforts D1 and D2 nobody loves me and nobody came to visit.

So yeah, I give up come visit me if you want I don't care anymore. I DON'T NEED ANY OF YOU!

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Asiina posted:

Okay real talk I'm just going to claim because I can't figure out how to use my role effectively. I've tried everything but you all suck, although in reality it's probably me who sucks.

I am a self-watcher. It's a passive ability where I watch myself to see if anyone came to visit me. I wasn't sure if I should claim ~power role~ to try to get a roleblocker on me or act scummy to try to get an investigation on me or be super extra helpful town to get a doctor on me.

But alas despite my best efforts D1 and D2 nobody loves me and nobody came to visit.

So yeah, I give up come visit me if you want I don't care anymore. I DON'T NEED ANY OF YOU!

Huh. That does sound hard to use for anything. I don't get why you claimed, though. There was always the possibility that scum would visit you and then lie about it, and you're throwing that possibility away for no real gain that I can see.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was hoping so, but honestly I expect to get some attention today from people who were on me yesterday, and I didn't want this to seem like a last ditch scum claim when it's the truth. I tried to play it straight for 2 nights but after still getting nothing last night I'm pretty frustrated so I'm just laying it all out there.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I was hoping so, but honestly I expect to get some attention today from people who were on me yesterday, and I didn't want this to seem like a last ditch scum claim when it's the truth. I tried to play it straight for 2 nights but after still getting nothing last night I'm pretty frustrated so I'm just laying it all out there.

This was me. You were my vote today. Now I don't know wtf. Going to have to reread the thread.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
For the record I wasn't trying to act scummy specifically, although I was trying to be active and get some attention so that people might think of me for their night actions on either side.

But alas I'm just a sad lonely lego sitting in the corner of the bedroom, with no friends or enemies.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: bunch o cunts

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Starting the day with ##vote kaschei. Turned up before deadline yesterday but didn't bother to vote. Been sliding by on joke posts. I keep forgetting he's even in the game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Would vote GZ. Pops up before deadline D1 to do a read through. Day ends before he votes or shares thoughts.

greatZebu posted:

At work, but I'll try to read through the new posts quickly and get a vote in. Foo looks like the only viable candidate to me and I don't want to no-kill, so I'll probably vote him when I get done reading but I want to see what's been said first.

Turns up before deadline D2 to re-read. Never comes back with any opinions or a vote.

greatZebu posted:

I thought aC looked bad day 1, and he hasn't done anything to change my opinion since then. I'm going to go back and re-read Asiina more carefully, but my initial take was that I didn't really follow her logic but her sentiment seemed genuine.

He's faking looking active without actually contributing. These re-reads never happen and he never adds anything further to the discussion.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Would vote GZ. Pops up before deadline D1 to do a read through. Day ends before he votes or shares thoughts.

Turns up before deadline D2 to re-read. Never comes back with any opinions or a vote.

He's faking looking active without actually contributing. These re-reads never happen and he never adds anything further to the discussion.

Yeah, I think GZ strikes me as the most scummy of the two, but that is mostly because I have no idea how to read Kasch at all.

I'll vote there for now.

##vote greatZebu

As part of my reread tho:
Quid, you've been pretty quiet the last few days, what's up?
Asiina, you haven't really made any judgements of your own(at least that you've stuck to) yet, this is one of the reasons I've been thinking you are scum. Who do you think is scum and why?
Hal, your last thoughts about scum were that you were suspicious of Quid and Asiina, but you haven't actually voted in this game since the vote on Foo, sup?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

kaschei (1): fiery_valkyrie
greatZebu (1): King Burgundy

Not Voting (5): Asiina, greatZebu, Hal Incandenza, kaschei, Quidnose

There are 7 living players. It takes 4 votes to lynch!

The current deadline is August 05th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 20 hours.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Starting the day with ##vote kaschei. Turned up before deadline yesterday but didn't bother to vote. Been sliding by on joke posts. I keep forgetting he's even in the game.
He got hammered an hour early. I also tried to case Opo and Hal each day. Maybe you are forgetting I'm in the game, or maybe you're confusing me with someone else.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

As part of my reread tho:
Quid, you've been pretty quiet the last few days, what's up?
Asiina, you haven't really made any judgements of your own(at least that you've stuck to) yet, this is one of the reasons I've been thinking you are scum. Who do you think is scum and why?
Hal, your last thoughts about scum were that you were suspicious of Quid and Asiina, but you haven't actually voted in this game since the vote on Foo, sup?

On your reread, did you notice that yesterday when you were borrowing merk's reads, your top scum candidates were quid and hal? Since then, they both kept a low profile. Now it's a new day and you're borrowing fv's reads, with some bland faux-content questions for your reads from yesterday. None of this feels remotely sincere to me.

##vote king burgundy

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah I have. I had my own reasons for voting Foo that were different from other people's. I had my own reason for questioning Hal. I jumped on the aC vote because I was the other lynch target so obviously that's who I was going to vote for.

Meanwhile you haven't really done much but repeat stuff merk said, repeat stuff fv said, and ask really contentless questions that require no thought.

So King B, who do you think is scum and why? Do not quote or reference anyone else's case to make your case.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

greatZebu posted:

On your reread, did you notice that yesterday when you were borrowing merk's reads, your top scum candidates were quid and hal? Since then, they both kept a low profile. Now it's a new day and you're borrowing fv's reads, with some bland faux-content questions for your reads from yesterday. None of this feels remotely sincere to me.

##vote king burgundy

This isn't actually true, GZ. The thing you are lying about is something I said to you directly, as well, which makes me even more sure you are scum.

King Burgundy posted:

Quidnose is feeling pretty towny to me at the moment, so I probably won't end up going down that road.

This was my post from the 30th, like 3 days ago. Keep in mind I never voted Quid, all I did was bring up Merk's interests when he was night killed. And when you suggested I was trying to set up a lynch chain of Hal then Quidnose, I immediately responded with the above.

So, are you a liar? Or are you having problems with reading comprehension? I'm thinking 1.

For thoroughness, I'll be honest and say that Quid's sudden disappearance made me wonder, and I noticed he was pretty hot and heavy with both Opo and Merk, who were nightkilled. But after rereading all the exchanges, I'm still only seeing wrong town.

As to Hal, I still very much think he is scum, but I was trying to slow play it and give him a chance to hang himself if he was ever willing to post anything worthwhile. Thus, I prodded him.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

kaschei posted:

He got hammered an hour early. I also tried to case Opo and Hal each day. Maybe you are forgetting I'm in the game, or maybe you're confusing me with someone else.

You mentioned Hal twice on D1 and never on D2. You've made no effort to get him lynched.

It's D3 and Opop is dead. Want to expand on your Hal case using more up-to-date game play, or provide an opinion on who you think is scum now?

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

This isn't actually true, GZ. The thing you are lying about is something I said to you directly, as well, which makes me even more sure you are scum.

This was my post from the 30th, like 3 days ago. Keep in mind I never voted Quid, all I did was bring up Merk's interests when he was night killed. And when you suggested I was trying to set up a lynch chain of Hal then Quidnose, I immediately responded with the above.

So, are you a liar? Or are you having problems with reading comprehension? I'm thinking 1.

For thoroughness, I'll be honest and say that Quid's sudden disappearance made me wonder, and I noticed he was pretty hot and heavy with both Opo and Merk, who were nightkilled. But after rereading all the exchanges, I'm still only seeing wrong town.

As to Hal, I still very much think he is scum, but I was trying to slow play it and give him a chance to hang himself if he was ever willing to post anything worthwhile. Thus, I prodded him.

Fair point about Quidnose, I forgot that you changed your position on him yesterday. In my defense, you sort of flipped over from having serious questions about quid to feeling pretty good about quid without any clear reason (at least not a reason that was clear to me). But the thrust of my argument still stands--your opinions and cases seem completely opportunistic to me since day 2.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Yeah I have. I had my own reasons for voting Foo that were different from other people's. I had my own reason for questioning Hal. I jumped on the aC vote because I was the other lynch target so obviously that's who I was going to vote for.

Meanwhile you haven't really done much but repeat stuff merk said, repeat stuff fv said, and ask really contentless questions that require no thought.

So King B, who do you think is scum and why? Do not quote or reference anyone else's case to make your case.

I'm going to answer your question, but I want everyone to note just in case, that you have just deflected MY question and are still unwilling to give your own thoughts. You just asked me my own question. I'd have to go back again to check, but I don't think this is the first time you've done this. This feels soooo scummy to me.

I was prepared to build a case on you going into today. I thought you and Hal were scum buddies and you were bussing him early on. You spout this nonsense here about having your own reasons for voting these people and while that may be true, they were all inconsistent. You voted then unvoted quickly. Or in the case of Foo, you said this vote looks bad but then hopped on. Honestly, you STILL feel like scum to me, but I'm really bad at role claim stuff and I haven't been burned on believing people's claims yet, so I believe you. But man.

Right now, since GZ just lied about my posting, he has become my #1. My case for that is in the previous post. Hal is still my #2. First he stayed out of the thread until you called him out on it and started off with this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

No, don't! ##vote Foo

So the first time he does anything in the thread is to try and prevent Opop from backing off of Foo and reinforce the turbo(I didn't think it was a turbo at the time, but other people have called it that).

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also I think you are really overselling how I am somehow the driving force behind the push on Foo. I was just doing my part for a good old fashioned D1 turbo. Like I do in every other D1 turbo in any game regardless of alignment.

I have yet to see anyone offer some particular reason why this turbo is bad. You seem to be against it, Asiina was pretty strongly against it and Quidnose seems to be against it, but what on earth is there to make you guys think foo is so town that he deserves all this defense. You guys seems awfully sure he's town.

Then he lets us know that he doesn't really have a reason to vote Foo, he just likes a good turbo. He's curious why other people are so sure he's town that they don't want to turbo?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also KB I graced you with my opinion on noted badguy Captain Foo yesterday, learn to appreciate.

Of course, after all was said and done, he then wanted credit for bringing down the big bad 3p player. And then since the heat was off him, he vanished off the face of the planet again.

So, now that I've answered the question that you still haven't answered, I'll try again with your modified words:

So Asiina, who do you think is scum and why? Do not quote or reference anyone else's case to make your case.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

greatZebu posted:

Fair point about Quidnose, I forgot that you changed your position on him yesterday. In my defense, you sort of flipped over from having serious questions about quid to feeling pretty good about quid without any clear reason (at least not a reason that was clear to me). But the thrust of my argument still stands--your opinions and cases seem completely opportunistic to me since day 2.

Man, I still think you are putting words in my mouth/lying about my positions. Can you quote where I felt THAT strongly about Quidnose that it seemed like this amazing sudden turnaround when I called him towney? You may want to pay attention to timestamps and the other relevant conversation at the time too. I'd appreciate it if you did the research this time rather then misremembering things(if that is what is really happening).

All I did was point out what our nightkilled cop had as positions in case it was relevant, and went ahead and threw my weight behind voting one of them. If you listen to just about anyone else they say that was some weak poo poo and had no merit or weight behind it. So for you to claim that it was this amazing witch hunt that I was on and then suddenly about faced is ridiculous.

Asiina posted:

Also, while rereading things to answer GZ, I read this quote again and it pissed me the gently caress off.

I feel like the only one still putting any effort into this thing while the rest of you loving spout off things that you can spend 10 seconds thinking of without doing any loving research.

If it isn't valued, gently caress you all, I'll stop wasting my god drat time on you fucks.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

greatZebu posted:

GZ did you ever actually do that re-read before D3 started? I would like to know what your thoughts were.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

GZ did you ever actually do that re-read before D3 started? I would like to know what your thoughts were.

I did! I re-read ac and asiina, since they seemed like the viable candidates.

The case on asiina seemed mostly focused on her "I think there are scum on this vote [that I'm also on]" post, which I agree doesn't look great. But I do remember somewhat agreeing with her point about the Foo turbo. My impression was that I would be ok with voting her and would definitely prefer her to a no-kill, but not my first choice. Her "self-watcher" revelation today has me leaning more towards town for her, mostly because it's so specific and not at all helpful for camouflaging scum night actions.

ac I read as likely scum who was throwing his vote around, then when called out decided to double down on random votes, maybe as an effort to seem like a wild card townie. Obviously not my best read in retrospect, but I felt ok about the prospect of hammering him. Of course, opop beat me to it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

So Asiina, who do you think is scum and why? Do not quote or reference anyone else's case to make your case.

Okay!

Well I think you and fv are both probably town, based on your efforts and reactions to people. I'm less sure about fv since I think she might be able to pull off scum while still being active town whereas I'd doubt you would be so aggressive and angry about being called out if you were scum. Still I don't really suspect either of you. So let's go through everyone else.

Kaschei hasn't posted a whole lot. He made a bizarre case on Opop yesterday that honestly was half nonsense. It was a lot of words but basically amounted to "Opop referenced his own meta that's bad form." and some other stuff I literally can't even parse. He says that Opop's explanation of "oh hey drat I was wrong" was a weird thing to say and then he says the exact same thing at the beginning of D3. So is it a weird thing to say or not? I don't get it and your case seems made up. Would vote.

Next is Quidnose who claimed miller, which I am generally fine with. It's a pretty null claim. Was very against both merk and Opop, both of who were nightkilled. I'm having a bit of WIFOM about whether scum would be bold enough to do something like that. His posts don't seem particularly scummy, but circumstantial evidence seems to be piling up around him. Would not vote based on current information, but I would reconsider in the future depending on what else happens.

There's Zebu who I honestly don't have much to say on. He seems earnest if not fairly new. Hasn't given a huge number of reads but it's been a slow game in general. Wouldn't vote.

Then there's my good friend Hal who posts in bursts. He posted during the Foo turbo and subsequent lynch and then a few times yesterday and nothing at all today. He was for the turbo basically because yay turbo, but was also very critical of anyone who was against it under the logic that people would know Foo was town and wouldn't want to vote against him for town cred. Except it seemed like he was really forcing that argument.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not at all, a fine response would have been "I feel like Foo never gives a poo poo" and that would have been cool by me.

Also I think you are really overselling how I am somehow the driving force behind the push on Foo. I was just doing my part for a good old fashioned D1 turbo. Like I do in every other D1 turbo in any game regardless of alignment.

I have yet to see anyone offer some particular reason why this turbo is bad. You seem to be against it, Asiina was pretty strongly against it and Quidnose seems to be against it, but what on earth is there to make you guys think foo is so town that he deserves all this defense. You guys seems awfully sure he's town.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Agreed. Too many people coming in to defend him during the turbo and quite the over-reaction to my fake cop claim makes me feel good about this.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also KB I graced you with my opinion on noted badguy Captain Foo yesterday, learn to appreciate.

I'm driving across the country so posting is a bit spotty.

I'm still suspicious of people who wanted to put the brakes on the Foo vote yesterday which was quidnose, asiina and someone else.

These posts come both before and after the Foo lynch, which makes me feel like Hal knew what was going to happen and was setting himself up for the next day because really nobody is going to blame you for being wrong on a D1 turbo but it does create doubt on others without having to vote for them.

His calling Foo a bad guy was also very strange to me since Foo was 3P. I honestly couldn't tell if he thought that Foo was scum because he doesn't know what the scum team are or if he's scum trying to again trump up this Foo lynch as town cred. I was originally leaning the former, but upon rereading I'm thinking it fits in better with the latter.

Hal, you are the scum.

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina, old friend, I only post in bursts because I'm currently engaged in a cross-country drive where I spend most of the day behind the wheel which I find isn't conducive to playing mafia, then I generally fall asleep as soon as I stop. I probably should have asked for a replacement but I haven't asked for one in 234 games or whatever so I hate to break that streak.

I find your points against me to be not so good. I don't see how you've shown me to be "forcing" my point about those who were against the Foo lynch. It's a valid point and your weak attempts to discredit it do you no good. Then you attempt to use me calling Foo a badguy as a point against me as well. That was not a mistake either. A survivor-vig is indeed a danger to town, and I would never trust a survivor who wasn't myself or yuming to be siding with the town. I stand by what I said.

I also don't trust your claim very much. Very easy to claim self-watcher when the likely only town power roles are dead, and I don't think that's a very effective town power in a game this size where you might have one scum role it would be effective against. I'd find that role to be more useful for a scum player in a game like this. Plus I don't like you using it as an excuse to dismiss scummy behavior on your part. Combine that with the fact that you are all over me with a bad case knowing I'm an easy target since I've been pretty absent this game and I'm feeling quite good with a ##vote asiina

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose is my next choice for scum. His only act of note is a burst of posting around the foo turbo and I feel like he threw out a lot of early effort to build town cred them he's been happy to slip under the radar. I probably owe him another read though before pushing this more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hey Hal, I was just about to send out the search dogs for you and Quid. Glad to see at least one of you is alive.

I agree that the timing on Asiina's claim is quite convenient now that the doc and cop are dead. I also don't like that both Asiina and GZ seem to have really insubstantial opinions on each other, since I am suspicious of the both of them, eg

"Asiina" posted:

There's Zebu who I honestly don't have much to say on. He seems earnest if not fairly new. Hasn't given a huge number of reads but it's been a slow game in general. Wouldn't vote.

greatZebu posted:

The case on asiina seemed mostly focused on her "I think there are scum on this vote [that I'm also on]" post, which I agree doesn't look great. But I do remember somewhat agreeing with her point about the Foo turbo. My impression was that I would be ok with voting her and would definitely prefer her to a no-kill, but not my first choice. Her "self-watcher" revelation today has me leaning more towards town for her, mostly because it's so specific and not at all helpful for camouflaging scum night actions.

These opinions of each other seem really wishy-washy and I am suspicious they are scum together. I also still don't like kaschei's popping up in thread with a token defence of himself only to disappear again without giving any opinions.

• Locked thread