Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You better, Hal!

But this is a bad vote.

I bet there are scum on this vote.

I am not a scum and I am not on the vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

You better, Hal!

But this is a bad vote.

I bet there are scum on this vote.

I am not a scum and I am not on the vote.

You find his casual disregard for the game to be a sign that he is at ease as town then?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i am finding hal not doing anything and then jumping on my turbo to be suspicious

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Opopanax posted:

Merk's not going to make such a stupid scum slip,

no poo poo??

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

You find his casual disregard for the game to be a sign that he is at ease as town then?

I am not certain what you mean by this.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

also jfc i'm at -1?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tan 2x4 don't gank me you idiots

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I am not certain what you mean by this.

I mean he's not really trying and he's throwing his vote around like a wild man.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean he's not really trying and he's throwing his vote around like a wild man.

yeah but I think everyone was doing that to attempt to get some interaction happening.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway he claimed his brick and I'm not feeling good about this turbo so I will not turbo sorry Hal.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

don't be disingenuous

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

like, yes, the whole point of early-game votes is shotgunning something and seeing what happens

in this case, I got a turbo started on me

the last time this happened we found the scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

don't be disingenuous

I'm not being disingenuous. Why are you focused so much on me? I got here at the end of this.

Also Poque would definitely give fakeclaims so meh

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm not being disingenuous. Why are you focused so much on me? I got here at the end of this.

i'm focusing on you because the way you hopped on the turbo seems suspicious to me, as i said before

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

Maybe because you say poo poo like:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Captain Foo was making a lot of dumb noise, it was dumb but I'd rather lynch, oh, Hal, or maybe Opo for waffling-without-waffling:

Opopanax posted:

Well this is making me reconsider

Zebu's post also looks like making noise for the purpose of making noise and I don't think he mentioned Foo when he should definitely have been weighing in on that.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

furthermore hassling me for throwing votes around in the phase of the game where it's appropriate to do so isn't making you look any better, hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

furthermore hassling me for throwing votes around in the phase of the game where it's appropriate to do so isn't making you look any better, hal

Yes this major attack I launched against you. It's ok for you to shotgun poo poo all over the place but when I say anything at all I'm the bad guy.

I got back into the game, there was a turbo happening, I didn't find anything you had done to appear townie, I enjoy the turbo, any of you would do the same.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

kaschei posted:

Maybe because you say poo poo like:

Captain Foo was making a lot of dumb noise, it was dumb but I'd rather lynch, oh, Hal, or maybe Opo for waffling-without-waffling:\

OK, why would you rather lynch, oh, me?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

Seems pretty thin, but it is day one and I guess that is the closest thing to a reasonable argument I've seen.

##vote Foo

weak, and then with the silent unvote...

there was no reason to vote unless you wanted a turbo - we're not close to deadline. You voted on someone else's one-line "case" at a time when you really didn't need to.

##vote king bung

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Captain Foo posted:

weak, and then with the silent unvote...

there was no reason to vote unless you wanted a turbo - we're not close to deadline. You voted on someone else's one-line "case" at a time when you really didn't need to.

##vote king bung

This case is so ridiculous I can't even believe you are trying this omgus vote. You are making me second guess taking my vote off you, maybe it was a fake claim after all?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

This case is so ridiculous I can't even believe you are trying this omgus vote. You are making me second guess taking my vote off you, maybe it was a fake claim after all?

Look I am a grey 2x4 brick.

You know what else is grey?

That's right, the transmission in a cop car.

I used my N0 double investigation on Asiina and Foo they are both scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

it has nothing to do with the subject of the turbo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Look I am a grey 2x4 brick.

You know what else is grey?

That's right, the transmission in a cop car.

I used my N0 double investigation on Asiina and Foo they are both scum.

what the gently caress is this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

what the gently caress is this

OH IS MY CLAIM NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hal I think the transmission in your Lego brick is broken.

You should probably get that fixed.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

OH IS MY CLAIM NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?

well you're lying in which case you should be lynched, or your sanity is off

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Hal I think the transmission in your Lego brick is broken.

You should probably get that fixed.

Possibly, yes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

well you're lying in which case you should be lynched, or your sanity is off

:rolleyes:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It was a joke, Foo.

Now I want to kill you though for that reaction, goddamn.

##vote Foo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

It was a joke, Foo.

Now I want to kill you though for that reaction, goddamn.

##vote Foo

guess i shouldnt play at night when i should be sleeping

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

guess i shouldnt play at night when i should be sleeping

That is truly the best mafia advice

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Captain Foo posted:

no poo poo??

Uhhh

Captain Foo posted:

Because it's a mega blox slip ##vote merk

Ok I guess I feel better again. But yeah even if Foo's scum there is for sure scum on this vote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

This is a lovely turbo, what is happening

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

kaschei posted:

Captain Foo was making a lot of dumb noise, it was dumb but I'd rather lynch, oh, Hal, or maybe Opo for waffling-without-waffling:

Zebu's post also looks like making noise for the purpose of making noise and I don't think he mentioned Foo when he should definitely have been weighing in on that.

Both of these are better arguments than this Foo thing.

Merk points out something that could easily be Foo shooting for whatever sticks, but that's easily a D1 town strategy as much as it is a D1 scum strategy. Most of us have been making joke votes all over the place D1, everyone has been saying that.

Merk, the crux of your argument is "you did this, it didn't gain traction, you dropped it and moved on" - isn't the same true of your "no SK implied by the win condition" vote? Why is Foo worse off for doing it over you?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I got back into the game, there was a turbo happening, I didn't find anything you had done to appear townie, I enjoy the turbo, any of you would do the same.

Back this up with why you felt this way before you voted for Foo.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I was trying to give him a little more rope but yeah ##vote foo

Merk's not going to make such a stupid scum slip, I mainly pressed the OP/PM thing to see if anyone bit at something that weak

Opop is doing his standard "hide on the sidelines commenting on random crap that doesn't relate to the game and follow along stuff that looks like it is viable" shtick. Bad vibes. I'm happy with my jokevote morphing into a serious one.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

ALSO:

merk posted:

You made this vote, no one commented on it, and then you moved away. Was this scum trying to get something easy going on day 1? Looks like it. ##vote Foo

Opopanax posted:

I was trying to give him a little more rope but yeah ##vote foo

Merk's not going to make such a stupid scum slip, I mainly pressed the OP/PM thing to see if anyone bit at something that weak

Merk says: "I am voting Foo because he made a vote and didn't stick with it - meaning he is looking for whatever he can get to stick."

Opop says: "Yeah, I was going to give Foo some doubt, but really, you are right merk. I'm voting for Foo because he can't be that dumb to have used that as the basis for his vote."

Opop is presenting himself as agreeing with merk's reasoning....but he's actually talking about the OPPOSITE of what merk is getting at. Merk is finding Foo suspicious for flip-flopping around people, not pushing bad reasoning. This is a sentence and reasoning that at the very least is incredibly disingenuous in it's construction, and at it's worst is one Opop could point back to later and go "that wasn't actually what I meant, I wasn't agreeing with Merk." It stinks.

##vote Opop for emphasis

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Back this up with why you felt this way before you voted for Foo.

What are you asking Mr. Nose?

I dunno man, I just love the rush of the turbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

See, but that's not what you said. You said you dug the turbo AND you didn't see him acting in a towny manner. And now I'd like you to back up that second statement.

• Locked thread