Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Make the NK flavour that someone steps on a piece and I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Confirming that I am the doc.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

Weekend game, where is everyone in the weekend game? Play with meeeeeeeee

Fridays not the weekend you idiot

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is it a salmon

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well I give up

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kaschei posted:

I believe Opo may be some sort of bear

:forkbomb:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

+

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

In that gay audio book game Lumpen ran there was a 3P bear SK, so there's precedent.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##vote Opop

Voting for the claimed SK.

I'm not actually a bear though, we have been over this

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If politeness where a town indicator I would never get to be scum again

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

aC fell down two different flights of stairs recently ##vote ac

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Buncha klutzes up in here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sorry typo, I meant putzes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Uh, yeah, cause I'm handsome.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kaschei posted:

If you were truly handsome... you wouldn't need to worry.

Most of it is natural but I mean come on, perfection takes work

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Ok, I read the game and nothing has happened.

We were waiting for you

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Are those two things related?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Actually forget that, is there a reason you said the "OP win condition" and not something like "my PM"?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I looked at the op.

But not at your PM?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So we're voting him for not posting over the weekend? What if that's because he has a life outside of these forums.

Then it's out of spite and jealousy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

You made this vote, no one commented on it, and then you moved away. Was this scum trying to get something easy going on day 1? Looks like it. ##vote Foo

I was trying to give him a little more rope but yeah ##vote foo

Merk's not going to make such a stupid scum slip, I mainly pressed the OP/PM thing to see if anyone bit at something that weak

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well this is making me reconsider

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Captain Foo posted:

no poo poo??

Uhhh

Captain Foo posted:

Because it's a mega blox slip ##vote merk

Ok I guess I feel better again. But yeah even if Foo's scum there is for sure scum on this vote

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

ALSO:

Merk says: "I am voting Foo because he made a vote and didn't stick with it - meaning he is looking for whatever he can get to stick."

Opop says: "Yeah, I was going to give Foo some doubt, but really, you are right merk. I'm voting for Foo because he can't be that dumb to have used that as the basis for his vote."

Opop is presenting himself as agreeing with merk's reasoning....but he's actually talking about the OPPOSITE of what merk is getting at. Merk is finding Foo suspicious for flip-flopping around people, not pushing bad reasoning. This is a sentence and reasoning that at the very least is incredibly disingenuous in it's construction, and at it's worst is one Opop could point back to later and go "that wasn't actually what I meant, I wasn't agreeing with Merk." It stinks.

##vote Opop for emphasis

That's not what I said, don't vote me just because you can't read. I said I wanted to wait a bit before snapping the trap.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

Opop is doing his standard "hide on the sidelines commenting on random crap that doesn't relate to the game and follow along stuff that looks like it is viable" shtick. Bad vibes. I'm happy with my jokevote morphing into a serious one.

And what the hell does any of this even mean? That is a standard thing for me as either alignment, that's what standard means. It's also quite obviously not what I'm doing right now, I'm setting up and pushing a case.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

So you were not agreeing with merk's reasoning then?

I was, because he said what I was going to say. That much is right, but you seem to think I thought Foo was town at that point

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

Dude, that is not what I am saying at all. Are you being obtuse on purpose?

That's not even anywhere near what I said:

I said that you were presenting yourself as agreeing with Merk's reasoning (Foo is dropping votes to see what sticks with no real reasoning) but in actuality were saying "I am voting for Foo because he can't be that dumb to have thought that."

Your reasoning is a fine thing to vote for someone. What I find suspicious is that you are trying to frame it as if you are naturally building off of merk's comment. It's awkward and weird. It's also awkward and weird you are saying I am misreading things and then showing me to be presenting an incorrect argument that is nowhere near the content I am presenting.

I have no idea what you're accusing me of, to be honest.

I pressed merk on the PM thing in order to draw out reactions from other people, see if anyone would bite on it. I didn't actually think merk was scum, he's the one I didn't think was "dumb enough" to have slipped like that.
Foo took the bait, but rather than just snapping the trap closed I was going to let it play out and see how things went, but merk saw it and voted for foo first so I joined him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:shrug: I don't care.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

Merk, you seem really tunnel visioned on getting Foo lynched and haven't talked about any other cases so far. I haven't known you to be a "this is the only scum" kind of guy. Is Foo's pushing and subsequent drop of your "scumslip" the only scummy thing that has happened today? Can you comment on some of the other cases?

Really? You haven't know merk, Mr."Lynch me or this guy I am not moving on from here until this is done", the bulldog himself, as a "this is the only scum" kind of guy?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That miller post is super gloaty

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

Opop, link me to a game recently where you were town, because your play right now is identical to your scum play in the game we just finished.

Here's my last one

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I haven't seen anyone care about millers in a while, but I also feel like people are using miller's less

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've had people scoop Opopanax a few times, and when I look them up they're always super old, inactive accounts :argh:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

This is a worthwhile derail from people I am suspicious of with an hour and 30 minutes to deadline.

Lighten up old man. Did you read those games yet?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

I looked at the meangirls one and you're playing basically the same so it wasn't a super helpful request in the end.

My play is pretty independent from my alignment, it depends more on who else is around, and how much fun I'm having lying

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poque posted:

:munch: Aw sorry, I meant it as a compliment after you won the 2x2 championship. I'll change it in my template :munch:

Puppy cuddled is better anyways

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

I think if you want a typical Opop game you should read this one.

If only in my dreams

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Huh, weird. I thought yesterday made merk look kind of scummy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kaschei posted:

I have made a startling day 1-worthy discovery

##vote opopanax

I'll allow it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kaschei posted:

It's so weird that you were wrong on a day 1 alignment call?

Yeah.

• Locked thread