Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Make me SK, thx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Reconfirming

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Defending your scum buddy merk already?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

kaschei posted:

I believe Opo may be some sort of bear

So he's 3P then?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Opop

Voting for the claimed SK.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Oh, well in that case....

##unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

Guys c'mon let's kill Hal.

He's posted twice.

Two times.

One. Two.

So we're voting him for not posting over the weekend? What if that's because he has a life outside of these forums.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Small game turbos are stupid.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I don't like the way that this turbo materialized. It makes me feel there are scum on it.

That said, I'm on it now because of Foo's reaction to your obvious joke was way too serious and looked like panic.

This doesn't make sense. You think there are scum on the turbo of Foo, but you're still convinced voting Foo is a good idea.

This just looks like an excuse to come back if Foo flips town and say "I told you so"

##vote Asiina

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

You made this vote, no one commented on it, and then you moved away. Was this scum trying to get something easy going on day 1? Looks like it. ##vote Foo

Merk what is it about this vote, and no one elses from D1, that makes you think it is a vote from scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think this series of posts from Asiina about Foo is scummy. Asiina has gone from being very against the Foo lynch to voting it for what feels like a made up reason. This also conflicts with her feelings that there are scum on the lynch.

Asiina posted:

You better, Hal!

But this is a bad vote.

I bet there are scum on this vote.

I am not a scum and I am not on the vote.

Asiina posted:

Anyway he claimed his brick and I'm not feeling good about this turbo so I will not turbo sorry Hal.

Asiina posted:

It was a joke, Foo.

Now I want to kill you though for that reaction, goddamn.

##vote Foo

Asiina posted:

I don't like the way that this turbo materialized. It makes me feel there are scum on it.

That said, I'm on it now because of Foo's reaction to your obvious joke was way too serious and looked like panic.

Can you explain how Foo's reaction to the joke was too serious Asiina?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

Uh

I blew up in light of what should have been a very obvious fair claim

Are you defending Asiina's vote on you?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Foo

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Too late Zebu.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

aC clearly wants to get lynched. Thats what all his ridiculous no-content vote hopping indicates to me and I'm happy to oblige.

##vote aC

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

No, it makes perfect sense. Scum would think foo was town and want to look townie by arguing against the lynch so when he flipped town they would have clean hands. Since foo wasn't acting town at all there wasn't any other good reason to take a hard stance against it.

I agree with this, and I thought the same thing D1. Both Asiina and Opop commented that they thought there was scum on the vote despite voting it anyway. To me that is a particularly scummy comment because

a) it contradicts with the fact that they are voting that player.
b) it gives them an excuse to make their vote look better after the player flips town

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

This is the post from Asiina that stood out to me on D1. I dont understand how these two opinions are not contradictory. She thinks the turbo gained momentum from scum voting on it, but at the same time tries to justify voting for it anyway.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

greatZebu posted:

I read Hal as saying that he wouldn't have tried to turbo Foo if he'd done something notably townie, but since he hadn't Foo was fair game. That seems like a straightforward explanation to me (although i think the whole "rush of the turbo" thing is silly). I'm not sure what you're looking for, and this line of questioning seems like "hey everybody look I'm investigating" posturing that doesn't actually help clarify anything.

I dont like this vote from GZ. Hal had already explained his opinion. GZ seems to be defending Hal and trying to make Quidnose look bad, but without providing much of an opinion or vote on Quid.

The rest of his posts seem ok to me, but if Hal or GZ do flip scum, I think this post is worth going back to look at.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

apostateCourier posted:

Sorry I'm not very with it. But take a look at f_v for voting to get rid of a distraction, instead of to get rid of scum.

You're not a distraction because no one is paying attention to you.

I'll switch to Asiina, I think she's scum. Who do you think is scum aC? You've been asked before in this game and haven't actually given an opinion.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I am not a scum fv, how could you say that!

explain how you vote for Foo when you think scum are too.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

hey aC, still waiting to hear that opinion on who you think is scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I thought maybe Opop had a point that they could be bussing. He said it as "no matter how Foo turns out there are scum on this vote" but that's what I took it to mean.

It wasn't really a strong conviction anyway but rather a bad feeling, but his freaking out over Hal's joke claim was enough to overcome my concern about the vote and actually turn my attention to Foo himself.

It was a bad feeling you felt the need to mention twice.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I've just been cleaning up dog vomit, so I think it would be fair to say life has been better. How about you?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

kaschei posted:

What's the current state of mafia, while I cook dinner?

Current state is apathetic.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Starting the day with ##vote kaschei. Turned up before deadline yesterday but didn't bother to vote. Been sliding by on joke posts. I keep forgetting he's even in the game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Would vote GZ. Pops up before deadline D1 to do a read through. Day ends before he votes or shares thoughts.

greatZebu posted:

At work, but I'll try to read through the new posts quickly and get a vote in. Foo looks like the only viable candidate to me and I don't want to no-kill, so I'll probably vote him when I get done reading but I want to see what's been said first.

Turns up before deadline D2 to re-read. Never comes back with any opinions or a vote.

greatZebu posted:

I thought aC looked bad day 1, and he hasn't done anything to change my opinion since then. I'm going to go back and re-read Asiina more carefully, but my initial take was that I didn't really follow her logic but her sentiment seemed genuine.

He's faking looking active without actually contributing. These re-reads never happen and he never adds anything further to the discussion.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

kaschei posted:

He got hammered an hour early. I also tried to case Opo and Hal each day. Maybe you are forgetting I'm in the game, or maybe you're confusing me with someone else.

You mentioned Hal twice on D1 and never on D2. You've made no effort to get him lynched.

It's D3 and Opop is dead. Want to expand on your Hal case using more up-to-date game play, or provide an opinion on who you think is scum now?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

greatZebu posted:

I thought aC looked bad day 1, and he hasn't done anything to change my opinion since then. I'm going to go back and re-read Asiina more carefully, but my initial take was that I didn't really follow her logic but her sentiment seemed genuine.

GZ did you ever actually do that re-read before D3 started? I would like to know what your thoughts were.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hey Hal, I was just about to send out the search dogs for you and Quid. Glad to see at least one of you is alive.

I agree that the timing on Asiina's claim is quite convenient now that the doc and cop are dead. I also don't like that both Asiina and GZ seem to have really insubstantial opinions on each other, since I am suspicious of the both of them, eg

"Asiina" posted:

There's Zebu who I honestly don't have much to say on. He seems earnest if not fairly new. Hasn't given a huge number of reads but it's been a slow game in general. Wouldn't vote.

greatZebu posted:

The case on asiina seemed mostly focused on her "I think there are scum on this vote [that I'm also on]" post, which I agree doesn't look great. But I do remember somewhat agreeing with her point about the Foo turbo. My impression was that I would be ok with voting her and would definitely prefer her to a no-kill, but not my first choice. Her "self-watcher" revelation today has me leaning more towards town for her, mostly because it's so specific and not at all helpful for camouflaging scum night actions.

These opinions of each other seem really wishy-washy and I am suspicious they are scum together. I also still don't like kaschei's popping up in thread with a token defence of himself only to disappear again without giving any opinions.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quid, where are you at? It's been almost 3 days since you posted at all and 6 since you were really active.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

greatZebu posted:

You're saying that I accused you of an "amazing sudden turnaround" and a "witch hunt" and asking me to justify those accusations, when what I said was "you sort of flipped over from having serious questions about quid to feeling pretty good about quid without any clear reason". I think you're mischaracterizing me pretty badly. I guess you could claim that your questions about quid weren't "pretty serious" but this seems like hair splitting to me.

Anyway, when I first read this post, my reaction was to think that my read is wrong and you're probably not actually scum, mostly because of how angry you're getting and how personally you're taking things. It doesn't feel made up to me. I didn't say anything at the time, probably because I didn't want to give up on my read, but that's no way to play.

##unvote

Now I'm not sure where I'm at. I don't know wtf to make of kaschei's case on opop yesterday. I kind of assumed it was an inside joke that was going over my head. The point about the convenience of asiina's claim coming only after we lost the cop and doc has me wondering. If it was meant to throw people off of her, it did at least deflect me and burgundy. I'm suspicious of Quidnose (his D1 posting reads like a wall of noise to me) but there's not a lot to go on. Still, I think he's my best candidate.

##vote quidnose

This feels really waffly to me. Like you don't want to give too many concrete opinions in case you implicate your scum buddy, so you'll vote a lurker instead.

##vote greatzebu

-1 now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yet you voted based on "there's not much to go on"

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So he has a legit excuse but you didn't remove your vote?

Do you still think he is scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I agree KB. To me it's between kaschei, Hal or Asiina, but I just woke up so I'm going to think about it for a bit before voting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I will have to reread Hal, since I haven't paid much attention to him this game, but this post reads to me like GZ trying to deflect attention from him.

greatZebu posted:

I read Hal as saying that he wouldn't have tried to turbo Foo if he'd done something notably townie, but since he hadn't Foo was fair game. That seems like a straightforward explanation to me (although i think the whole "rush of the turbo" thing is silly). I'm not sure what you're looking for, and this line of questioning seems like "hey everybody look I'm investigating" posturing that doesn't actually help clarify anything.

And then he starts his push here on KB after KB votes Hal.

greatZebu posted:

What I really don't like about this (aside from the way you're just retelling merk's votes without adding anything about your own thinking explaining why you find them persuasive) is the way you're implicitly making a list of people to kill that we should start making our way through. And you're doing it without even really arguing against any of the people on the list.

##vote King Burgundy

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm coming around on the idea of Hal being scum. These 2 posts seem contradictory

Hal Incandenza posted:

Quidnose is my next choice for scum. His only act of note is a burst of posting around the foo turbo and I feel like he threw out a lot of early effort to build town cred them he's been happy to slip under the radar. I probably owe him another read though before pushing this more.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Quid's level of activity is not really indicative of alignment. He posts plenty as scum if he has the time to. The best way to tell his alignment is either to press him and see how he reacts, or sometimes you can tell from his tone. He can be very aggressive and pushy as scum.

And he has never mentioned GZ once.

Hal, if you are the last scum you should be ashamed of killing Merk N1. Kaschei, you should be ashamed of blatant trolling (but I know you aren't)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Sorry I only speak Aussie, mate.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

And that right there is practically confirming me as town.

I'd also have at least lightly bussed zebu

My assumption is that you just weren't around and GZ chose the kill himself. Merk called him scum right before day ended. GZ is new and panicked and killed merk.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kaschei, Hal, are either of you going to bother posting any opinions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha yeah, reread kaschei, it's him.

Sorry for not paying attention to this game sooner, we should have gotten him right away.

What's the gotcha for him that you see? What was obvious so early?

• Locked thread