Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Welcome to Lego Mafia, a game for eleven players! This game has a closed setup.

Mafia Rules:
  • Votes should be bolded and in the following format: ##vote poque
  • The day's vote will be via majority, not plurality. The option exists to vote for nobody.
  • No editing posts.
  • No quoting mod PMs.
  • Don't post after dying aside from contentless exit messages.
  • Night will last 24 hours or until all night actions are submitted.
  • Thread will be closed at night.
  • Have fun!

Sample Vanilla Town (Lego-Aligned) PM:

quote:

You are a Lego-Aligned Vanilla!

As a Lego-Aligned player, you win when all the Megabloks have been eliminated.
The badguys (Megablok-Aligned) have also been provided with fake flavorclaims, so don't even try.

Playerlist:
  1. apostateCourier
  2. Asiina
  3. Captain Foo
  4. fiery_valkyrie
  5. greatZebu
  6. Hal Incandenza
  7. kaschei
  8. King Burgundy
  9. merk
  10. Opopanax
  11. Quidnose

Action:
Day 1 begins!
Day 1: Captain Foo - Red Corner Connector, K'NEX-Aligned Survivor Vig - was stomped on Day 1!
Night 1: merk - Black 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Cop - was put away on Night 1!
Day 2: apostateCourier - Orange 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Vanilla - was stomped on Day 2!
Night 2: Opopanax - Yellow 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Doctor - was put away on Night 2!
Day 3: greatZebu - Red Megablok, Megablok-Aligned Roleblokker - was stomped on Day 3!
Night 3: Quidnose - Purple 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Miller - was put away on Night 3!

Poque fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sorry ya'll, I think the current state of mafia is too full. I'll put this back up some other time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
OK let's try again since apparently every game ended at once! Please reconfirm your original desires above, as you are all now asterisk'd

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Opopanax posted:

Make the NK flavour that someone steps on a piece and I'm in

Sure, I didn't have a flavor for it yet

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Captain Foo posted:

Hay is there space for me

Sure is, Peta had to bail.

Just waiting on one more if merk doesn't want to join.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Role PMs going out!

I'll start day 1 when 6 have confirmed.

Poque fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 25, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The boy's room was an absolute mess.

With toys strewn everywhere, it was akin to a war zone. Soldiers with guns adorned the walls on slanted action movie posters, pinned to the wall in all the wrong places. War uniforms took their form in dirty camo hoodies and graphic tees, draped over any furniture he could find. It appeared he followed the general rule of the biggest shelf in any room being the floor. But the most combative aspect of the room were the land mines.

The bricks.

Lego bricks were scattered everywhere, making every step a question of dire safety. Would he be successful, stepping in a clean patch of '70s-styled shag carpet? Or would there be a hidden Lego brick hiding beneath, eager to deliver him immense pain?

Or worse yet...would it be a brick from some knock-off building set gifted to him by a cheap uncle? The pain of stepping on one of these toys would only be amplified with the insulting reminder that some of his toys just weren't good enough. Not only did they not belong stuck in anybody's foot, but they didn't belong in the room. In the house. ON THIS EARTH.

A foot came down and there was an immediate howl of pain.

Eight Dollars - Pink 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Plot Device - was stomped on Day 0!

Day 1 starts now!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

merk posted:

I've been merk since the 4th grade, so it's a bit disappointing that it has taken on such a violent connotation.

:munch: Aw sorry, I meant it as a compliment after you won the 2x2 championship. I'll change it in my template :munch:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The door opens and the boy begins his trek across the room. It is a very large room, so it will take many steps for him to make his way to the closet, his final destination. The first few steps are clean, but on the fourth, the foot comes down, and there is a horrible shriek. The boy lifts up his foot to find...

It's a Tan 2x4 Bri....

Oh wait, no it isn't. Maybe the boy needs glasses.

Captain Foo - Red Corner Connector, K'NEX-Aligned Survivor Vig - was stomped on Day 1!

quote:

During the day, just once during the game, you may ##dog another player in the game and kill them immediately (a dog will take them away to a world of sadness). As a Survivor, you win if you are alive at the endgame.

Night 1 begins now!
Night actions in whenever you can, please - within 24 hours.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Votecount for Day 1

Captain Foo (6): merk, Opopanax, King Burgundy, apostateCourier, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Asiina, merk, apostateCourier, merk, apostateCourier, merk, merk, fiery_valkyrie
Hal Incandenza (1): Quidnose, Asiina, Asiina, Quidnose, Asiina, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Asiina, kaschei
Opopanax (1): Asiina, Asiina, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, Quidnose, Quidnose, Quidnose, Quidnose, Quidnose
King Burgundy (1): kaschei, kaschei, Asiina, Asiina, Captain Foo
apostateCourier (1): kaschei, Captain Foo, Opopanax, kaschei, Captain Foo, greatZebu, Opopanax
Quidnose (0): kaschei, kaschei, merk, apostateCourier, merk, apostateCourier
fiery_valkyrie (0): merk, merk
merk (0): apostateCourier, King Burgundy, apostateCourier, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, King Burgundy
Asiina (0): Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Captain Foo, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (1): King Burgundy

There are 11 living players. It takes 6 votes to lynch!

The current deadline is July 29th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 minutes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The boy's trek has barely begun, but his senses are getting sharper. About to step down, he spies a brick hiding in the carpet and picks it up. Knowing that his parents will yell at him about the state of the room, he tosses the brick into a nearby toy bin. Spring cleaning may be endless, but at least it's a start!

merk - Black 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Cop - was put away on Night 1!

quote:

Every night, you may submit a player's name and learn if they are a Megablok or not.

Day 2 begins now!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm at the beach dunno what he is. Flip later

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Orange Lego, vanilla town!

I will make this flip pretty later on. Consider the thread CLOSED

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh GOD that brick was pointing upward! It's so sharp on the edges. The boy howled in pain, bringing up his foot to reveal another brick.

apostateCourier - Orange 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Vanilla - was stomped on Day 2!

Night 1 begins now!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Opopanax - Yellow 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Doctor - was put away on Night 2!

quote:

Every night, you may submit a player's name (aside from yourself). If successful, they will be protected from any kill attempts.

Day 3 begins now!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:justpost:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The boy was nearing his window! His trek was almost complete! Why was he walking to the window? Is it a mystery that the author will reveal later? MAYBE! Is it a mystery with an answer that's already been determined? Probably not. WHO CARES! The important thing is that he just stepped on another brick. THE PAIN!

It's a Red 2x4 Bri...

Wait a second.

Wait just a freakin' second.

The boy picked up the brick and studied it closely. This worksmanship...this...this is garbage! This looks downright Canadian! This must be from that cheap knockoff brick box that Uncle Lester gave him, so many summers ago. The pain in his foot was just as real as the pain in his heart.

greatZebu - Red Megablok, Megablok-Aligned Roleblokker - was stomped on Day 3!

quote:

Every night, you may submit a player's name and prevent them from taking action. Alternately, you may submit your team's nightkill.

Night 3 begins now!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Pausing for a moment, the boy picked up another toy. He looked at it closely, glaring. "This is another one of Uncle Lester's cheap toys! ... I think?" He angrily tossed it away.

He thought...wrong.

Quidnose - Purple 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Miller - was put away on Night 3!

quote:

If you are investigated, the result will be as if you are Megablok-Aligned.

Day 4 begins now!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kaschei - Blue Megablok, Megablok-Aligned Hider - was stomped on Day 4!

quote:

At night, you may hide, which makes you untargetable by night actions. You may not take this action on back-to-back nights. Alternately, you may submit your team's nightkill.

Asiina - White 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Self-Watcher - has survived!
fiery_valkyrie - Green 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Vanilla - has survived!
King Burgundy - Brown 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Vanilla - has survived!
Hal Incandenza - Grey 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Vanilla - has survived!

The Lego team has won the game!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mod doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av2UC5RDmEDGdE5EOS1MakR1VVh1ZFpfN2xUY0lJZWc&usp=drive_web#gid=5

I liked the idea of a Survivor vig and had wanted to use the combination for awhile, but I think it would have worked better in a 13 player game. It's not that it didn't really work here, but being the D1 lynch doesn't really give you any insight into whether or not the role worked. I also liked the Self-Watcher - it was a neutral role, which could either drat town (outing a PR early) or help town (confirming a role in lylo or later). In this case, it did neither. Probably also better in a game with more players or more power roles.

otherwise I like the setup. Scum didn't get a single vote the first two days and then died the next two! It was weird. Good game all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scumdoc, in which not much happens: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/115Y9ssyEgwl-6zpvsZystJhxSC3YijDrbkRV5RZRaIA/edit#gid=0

No explanation for the merk kill. I did find it interesting - merk was the first to submit his action on N1 so I thought scum was gonna get destroyed. But then kaschei submitted the kill on merk and the rest is history.

I also thought this was funny:

Opopanax posted:

Confirming that I am the doc.

• Locked thread