Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I will build a perfect game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hooray hooray gogogo!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My name is Quidnose and I am a miller.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

apostateCourier posted:

I am a variety of lego and also here.

M....mega..blox?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is not the block I requested!

##vote Hal sorry you got a megablok, buddy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Trees? Frogs? Clogs?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Weekend game, where is everyone in the weekend game? Play with meeeeeeeee

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Is 20 questions like a common thing now because this poo poo has happened in two games and I am displeased

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lego blocks are small and organized, mega blocks are large and clumsy. Who is large and clumsy here? It is ok, you can tell us.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

kaschei posted:

I'm clumsy in conversation, does that count

Sure!

[b[##vote kaschei[/b]

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Well gently caress. That was a thing.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is the wrong company

##vote Opop clear 3p

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Seems like you really care about how you look??????

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Opop I like this because Opop is almost always scum when I'm in a game with him!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This is a lovely turbo, what is happening

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

kaschei posted:

Captain Foo was making a lot of dumb noise, it was dumb but I'd rather lynch, oh, Hal, or maybe Opo for waffling-without-waffling:

Zebu's post also looks like making noise for the purpose of making noise and I don't think he mentioned Foo when he should definitely have been weighing in on that.

Both of these are better arguments than this Foo thing.

Merk points out something that could easily be Foo shooting for whatever sticks, but that's easily a D1 town strategy as much as it is a D1 scum strategy. Most of us have been making joke votes all over the place D1, everyone has been saying that.

Merk, the crux of your argument is "you did this, it didn't gain traction, you dropped it and moved on" - isn't the same true of your "no SK implied by the win condition" vote? Why is Foo worse off for doing it over you?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I got back into the game, there was a turbo happening, I didn't find anything you had done to appear townie, I enjoy the turbo, any of you would do the same.

Back this up with why you felt this way before you voted for Foo.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I was trying to give him a little more rope but yeah ##vote foo

Merk's not going to make such a stupid scum slip, I mainly pressed the OP/PM thing to see if anyone bit at something that weak

Opop is doing his standard "hide on the sidelines commenting on random crap that doesn't relate to the game and follow along stuff that looks like it is viable" shtick. Bad vibes. I'm happy with my jokevote morphing into a serious one.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

ALSO:

merk posted:

You made this vote, no one commented on it, and then you moved away. Was this scum trying to get something easy going on day 1? Looks like it. ##vote Foo

Opopanax posted:

I was trying to give him a little more rope but yeah ##vote foo

Merk's not going to make such a stupid scum slip, I mainly pressed the OP/PM thing to see if anyone bit at something that weak

Merk says: "I am voting Foo because he made a vote and didn't stick with it - meaning he is looking for whatever he can get to stick."

Opop says: "Yeah, I was going to give Foo some doubt, but really, you are right merk. I'm voting for Foo because he can't be that dumb to have used that as the basis for his vote."

Opop is presenting himself as agreeing with merk's reasoning....but he's actually talking about the OPPOSITE of what merk is getting at. Merk is finding Foo suspicious for flip-flopping around people, not pushing bad reasoning. This is a sentence and reasoning that at the very least is incredibly disingenuous in it's construction, and at it's worst is one Opop could point back to later and go "that wasn't actually what I meant, I wasn't agreeing with Merk." It stinks.

##vote Opop for emphasis

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

See, but that's not what you said. You said you dug the turbo AND you didn't see him acting in a towny manner. And now I'd like you to back up that second statement.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So you were not agreeing with merk's reasoning then?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I was, because he said what I was going to say. That much is right, but you seem to think I thought Foo was town at that point

Dude, that is not what I am saying at all. Are you being obtuse on purpose?

That's not even anywhere near what I said:

Quidnose posted:

ALSO:

Merk says: "I am voting Foo because he made a vote and didn't stick with it - meaning he is looking for whatever he can get to stick."

Opop says: "Yeah, I was going to give Foo some doubt, but really, you are right merk. I'm voting for Foo because he can't be that dumb to have used that as the basis for his vote."

Opop is presenting himself as agreeing with merk's reasoning....but he's actually talking about the OPPOSITE of what merk is getting at. Merk is finding Foo suspicious for flip-flopping around people, not pushing bad reasoning. This is a sentence and reasoning that at the very least is incredibly disingenuous in it's construction, and at it's worst is one Opop could point back to later and go "that wasn't actually what I meant, I wasn't agreeing with Merk." It stinks.

##vote Opop for emphasis

I said that you were presenting yourself as agreeing with Merk's reasoning (Foo is dropping votes to see what sticks with no real reasoning) but in actuality were saying "I am voting for Foo because he can't be that dumb to have thought that."

Your reasoning is a fine thing to vote for someone. What I find suspicious is that you are trying to frame it as if you are naturally building off of merk's comment. It's awkward and weird. It's also awkward and weird you are saying I am misreading things and then showing me to be presenting an incorrect argument that is nowhere near the content I am presenting.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not at all, a fine response would have been "I feel like Foo never gives a poo poo" and that would have been cool by me.

Also I think you are really overselling how I am somehow the driving force behind the push on Foo. I was just doing my part for a good old fashioned D1 turbo. Like I do in every other D1 turbo in any game regardless of alignment.

I have yet to see anyone offer some particular reason why this turbo is bad. You seem to be against it, Asiina was pretty strongly against it and Quidnose seems to be against it, but what on earth is there to make you guys think foo is so town that he deserves all this defense. You guys seems awfully sure he's town.

I don't KNOW Foo is town, but his responses look like how I would be reacting if I was pissed at a lovely turbo. And the votes on him are primarily apathy driven, afai have seen.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Welp, I don't buy it. Sorry.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

merk posted:

He puts it out there and then moves off of it a page later when no one comments on it.

This is untrue. He posts it, and makes a second joke vote, on the same page, five posts and five hours later.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Merk, you seem really tunnel visioned on getting Foo lynched and haven't talked about any other cases so far. I haven't known you to be a "this is the only scum" kind of guy. Is Foo's pushing and subsequent drop of your "scumslip" the only scummy thing that has happened today? Can you comment on some of the other cases?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Usually he has a few people he at least talks about surrounding his obstinance?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yes merk, my modus operandi was to claim miller out the gate in hopes I could ride it as scum. Good work.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And you drop your foo case immediately. What the hell are you doing? And why are you ignoring my question?

Also, please provide solid evidence of my defending other people instead of scum hunting. I have said I dislike the foo vote. I have made a case on Opop and disliked his responses, which I find disingenuous. Case me, you lazy fucker.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This is the extent of my defending Foo:

Quidnose posted:

Merk points out something that could easily be Foo shooting for whatever sticks, but that's easily a D1 town strategy as much as it is a D1 scum strategy. Most of us have been making joke votes all over the place D1, everyone has been saying that.

You got another post you want to reference, bucko? Or is this the post you have decided I am scum for?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is patently untrue. The post I quoted is the only piece of defense of Foo I have posted. The burden of proof is on you, not me, not anyone else. You are being lazy, and if you can't provide analysis and quotes beyond the single quote I have made, you have no case.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Disagree with the implicit stuff, also disagree with the gotcha casing, but thank you for actually playing some mafia.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Merk is grasping at straws and retroactively attempting to shoehorn a case onto me after making a bold statement he couldn't back up. I'd like to reiterate that I've only made one statement that could actually be a defense of Foo, and it is the one that I quoted.

To breakdown Merk's "casework":

quote:

This is a lovely turbo [on Foo], what is happening [MADE WITHOUT ANY COMMENTS REGARDING MERK'S CASE ON FOO]

Why would I comment on your initial case if that's not what I had an issue with, and instead had an issue with the resulting turbo? I can think you make a valid point and still think the turbo is poo poo. The two are not tied together, and I would have no reason to comment on it if I came back to the thread and saw a bunch of people voting shittily and without thought. Making this about your case and a defense of Foo is ridiculous.

quote:

Quidnose posted:
Both of these are better arguments than this Foo thing.

Both were. Also, how is this a defense of Foo? This is, again, an analysis of people's play, not a defense of Foo. You're reaching.

Also, you managed to miss THE ONLY POST I MADE DEFENDING FOO when quoting from that very same post. How the gently caress did you do that?

quote:

[MADE IMMEDIATELY AFTER HAL EXPLAINS HIS TURBO VOTE ON FOO WHICH ACTIVELY DISCREDITS HAL'S VOTE ON FOO AND IMPLICITLY DEFENDS FOO:] Back this up with why you felt this way before you voted for Foo.

OR: I thought Hal was being lazy and voting shittiliy with no reason and I wanted him to back up his vote, which I saw as one that had no thought put into it. Not an implicit defense of Foo, it is a poke at Hal. I do this with him all the time.

This is also misleading. This quote was not made immediately after Hal posted his reasoning; I was catching up on the game and commenting on lots of things. This post in question is actually the third in a row of cathcup from top to bottom that you have "analyzed." How did you miss that too?

quote:

Quidnose posted:
ALSO [HERE IS SOME GOTCHA SCUM HUNTING BASED 100% ON OPO'S VOTE ON FOO, WHICH I AM ACTIVELY DISCREDITING WHILE IMPLICITLY DEFENDING FOO]:
##vote Opop for emphasis

"Why didn't you check your role PM" is gotcha scum-hunting. "I have read your reasoning here and I feel you are being disingenuous and trying to buddy up to Merk with the way you are phrasing this while at the same time covering your rear end" is called reading the thread and making a case.

quote:

Quidnose posted:
I don't KNOW Foo is town, but his responses look like how I would be reacting if I was pissed at a lovely turbo. And the votes on him are primarily apathy driven, afai have seen.

You completely ignore the fact that this is in response to someone DIRECTLY asking me "why do you seem to know Foo is going to flip town?" Should I not have answered said question?

Your case is poo poo. And still lazy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

merk posted:

I will ask a question about this, though: Why do you think claiming Miller makes you Town? You act like it's a foregone conclusion that you're Town because you claimed Miller. As I mentioned, I've done this successfully numerous times as Scum. Why can't you be doing that?

Because I have never done this as a gambit, and have no reason as a scum team member to play this as a gambit. I would not draw unneeded attention to myself and open myself up to getting policy lynched later in the game. Would be a bad strategy for me. Might work for you, but it isn't one I would take.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What I don't understand from your end, merk, is why, with so many people weighing in on issues, you are seeming to say the only scummy things that have happened are Foo tossing his vote around a lot and my defending foo. Is that really it? You have yet to explain why my Opop case is a "gotcha" case beyond dismissing it as invalid, and are completely ignoring kaschei's suspicions of Hal. Why?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

merk posted:

No one policy lynches Millers on SA Mafia.

If we get to a point where we have very few town and scum members yet, I have seen games where millers have still been alive and the response of players has been "time to test the miller claim." If the game has changed in the six months I've been gone, then fine.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

merk posted:

Those are the things that have stood out. I haven't really looked at kaschei or Hal because the Foo case is good and your rabid defense of Foo is jumping off the page.

Rabid? Come off it. Nothing subjectively "implicit" can be rabid, and that's the majority of your case.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opop, link me to a game recently where you were town, because your play right now is identical to your scum play in the game we just finished.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

merk posted:

votefinder is a thing you can use to find games that players play. I know it's hard.

I just clicked through 15 games trying to find a game with a miller in it to disprove you and now I want Opop to do the work :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You are absolutely insufferable, merk.

• Locked thread