Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

battlefield is cool and fun if you approach it from the mindframe of the worlds most incompetent armies doing battle, and therefore do the stupidest things to kill other people

Always Be Jihad Jeepin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Planet side 2 is scratching my shoot mans itch lately, though in order for it not to suck really hard then you should play with a group and goons are autismal as hell. Still kinda fun though

GINYU FORCE RULES

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
hawken is pretty okay op

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

stoutfish posted:

hawken is pretty okay op

Pay2win garbage.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Lol at the thought of any free to play turd being a good multiplayer shooter.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Pay2win garbage.

it really isn't and people need to stop saying any f2p games is "pay2win" because not all of them are

I mean it isn't really great but you don't get advantages from paying money other than unlocking mechs earlier unless they've changed something since I last played it 5 months ago

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

remember when Loadout had players

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

it really isn't and people need to stop saying any f2p games is "pay2win" because not all of them are

I mean it isn't really great but you don't get advantages from paying money other than unlocking mechs earlier unless they've changed something since I last played it 5 months ago

Last I heard, the default mech is awful and you either have to grind or pay money to get anything good.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Saying something isn't pay2win because you can get the thing that lets you play the game for real by grinding for a million years is stupid.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

simsense cumshots posted:

GINYU FORCE RULES

:hfive:

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

qnqnx posted:

remember when Loadout had players

Look at all these cool and wacky characters! *wig costs $29.99 plus tax*

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Last I heard, the default mech is awful and you either have to grind or pay money to get anything good.

When I played the default mech owned

They could have nerfed it I guess

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Saying something isn't pay2win because you can get the thing that lets you play the game for real by grinding for a million years is stupid.

Saying something is pay to win because it's possible to buy things is also stupid

I don't remember hawken's grind being that bad but I think they made it worse after I quit

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Saying something is pay to win because it's possible to buy things is also stupid

I don't remember hawken's grind being that bad but I think they made it worse after I quit

That's not what pay2win means or what I was trying to say dumbass. Maybe if I said TF2 was pay2win you'd have a point, but I didn't, and it's not, it's just a boring turd.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The only multiplayer shooters worth a drat these days are, as always, Unreal Tournament, Doom, and Quake.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

That's not what pay2win means or what I was trying to say dumbass. Maybe if I said TF2 was pay2win you'd have a point, but I didn't, and it's not, it's just a boring turd.

No, you just said a game that you apparently haven't played, and don't know anything about since you said the default mech is bad, to get a totally sweet burn in.

There are a lot of problems with hawken and that's why I quit playing it, but unless it was changed recently you don't get a bunch of really clear advantages from the different mechs, they just play different. Hell when they made the first "tier 2" mech that you could pay for or grind one mech forever for a bunch of people pointed out it was actually worse than the base one. MWO's more pay to win poo poo than hawken is.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The default mech is actually really really goddamn good.

Also yeah as the post above me says, the first tier 2 mech was actually worse than the base model. Hawken is one of the very few f2ps I don't think is p2w in some way.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
In that case, Hawken is probably more worth playing than MWO.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

In that case, Hawken is probably more worth playing than MWO.

yeah it's pretty good but not stellar, whereas MWO is garbage trash for idiots

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The only multiplayer shooters worth a drat these days are, as always, Unreal Tournament, Doom, and Quake.

the new ut is gonna be f2p lol earth is hosed

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

i suppose the dumb poo poo in quake live isn't a result of the game being f2p though so maybe it will all be okay in the end

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

clifford blezinsjkisjiijkli's new arena fps is f2p too

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i can confirm that the default mech in hawken is stupid good.

i played one round of destiny multiplayer and was quite unimpressed.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
Hawkens fun and I got enough Hawken bucks to buy the cool robot I wanted in like two hours

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i own like four robots last i played and that's pretty fine. kind of over the game now.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Payday 2 is good shootmans

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Fellis posted:

Payday 2 is good shootmans

Yeah but half the maps are bullshit stealth segments that are clearly not designed for more than one or two players and if you fail the stealth they're super loving hard because the alarm never goes off and you're equipped with silenced stuff and suits instead of shotguns and armor.

Also the card system is lol

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

why the gently caress do they have to put cards in every game nowadays?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DoubleDonut posted:

Yeah but half the maps are bullshit stealth segments that are clearly not designed for more than one or two players and if you fail the stealth they're super loving hard because the alarm never goes off and you're equipped with silenced stuff and suits instead of shotguns and armor.

Also the card system is lol

Just don't stealth, there's only like three heists that are stealth or bust. Shoot mans

E: also yes its not designed for two people duh get some friends

Card system does suck but its really easy to hack it client side to get everything with zero chance of punishment. I know thats lame excuse but it works and you get to enjoy the game so

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Fellis posted:

E: also yes its not designed for two people duh get some friends

No see if you have four players those heists are even worse because two people are automatically a liability because some moron decided to put in some stealth levels designed for one or two players in a game that is otherwise designed for shooting guys with four people.

Also you can't easily pick what level and difficulty you want to play so sometimes we end up going on a lovely heist because we're too impatient

Edit: Basically if I wanted to have a lovely time all day waiting for something fun to happen I'd go back to Planetside 2

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

No see if you have four players those heists are even worse because two people are automatically a liability because some moron decided to put in some stealth levels designed for one or two players in a game that is otherwise designed for shooting guys with four people.

Also you can't easily pick what level and difficulty you want to play so sometimes we end up going on a lovely heist because we're too impatient

Edit: Basically if I wanted to have a lovely time all day waiting for something fun to happen I'd go back to Planetside 2

Oh yeah misread there sorry. They added in a thing awhile ago called contract broker where you can pick what heist and difficulty in exchange for some offshore money.

Not gonna dispute that PD2 is broke as gently caress tho i still enjoy it despite the broke things. Hoping their overyhyped timer thing they have going is a big overhaul of the game for the anniversary.

Is planetside 2 ok? I've been thinking about getting into that. I'm a horrible sperg if that helps with a reccomendation

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Oh also EYE the divine cybermancy is supposed to be fun co-op shooting

If you like the insane french games

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fellis posted:

Is planetside 2 ok? I've been thinking about getting into that. I'm a horrible sperg if that helps with a reccomendation

It's pretty fun as long as you're in a group.

Regardless of what goons say, with a few exceptions, the pubs aren't bad and joining a random squad can be okay. Also pubs don't have all the stupid rear end drama goon groups do.

It gets kinda old after a while and there's still balance issues, though.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
you won't get any new weapons for hundreds of hours.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

stoutfish posted:

you won't get any new weapons for hundreds of hours.

Nah, that isn't really true. You can unlock things you want relatively quickly. It's the mods and poo poo that take forever.

It is a lot better for cert gain if you have a subscription, though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

simsense cumshots posted:

GINYU FORCE RULES

people got really mad at me for spamming this yesterday when I wasn't supposed to spam it, how do I keybind it to m1?

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Spanish Manlove posted:

people got really mad at me for spamming this yesterday when I wasn't supposed to spam it, how do I keybind it to m1?

Autohotkey

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Fellis posted:

It's alright but there's long stretches of nothing particularly interesting happening. Also for a game that takes place in space in the far future of whatever year, every single gun sure does shoot ordinary fuckin bullets

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i'm installing planetside 2 right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

stoutfish posted:

i'm installing planetside 2 right now.

goondolences

• Locked thread