Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

god drat i didnt know people really played quake live

i just played it for an hour straight and god drat is it fun. why cant people make games like this anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Nexuiz was extremely pretty and had some interesting weapons, it also had what was pretty much a mario kart mode where you'd collect an item and get a random buff/debuff, with some being mild (moonjump/rocket boots, reduced damage) and others turning off gravity for all players and poo poo.

Now this sounds bananas but if there are more than 10 people playing the game online right now I will eat my own head.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

The day it came out it had about 15 people playing it.

that's the shooting game industry. doesn't have 100 million dollars behind it in advertising?? DOA

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

obese retard posted:

so it looks like some people are basically remaking ut2k4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B28oQvaL7Mg&t=79s

Why would you make it skip to the end of the video? This seems awesome but will prob be poo poo like every other game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Organs posted:

lol

i saw some indie quake-styled speedrun game that looks like katamari, i think its called lovely planet. cool idea and cute style but it looks like they forgot to spend any time making content because enemies are literally boxes that don't move and theres only about 5 or 6 art assets wtf

how else are they gonna pocket most of the kickstarter money when it doesn't sell

• Locked thread