Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, Vince has become such a wuss regarding what the media thinks of WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I could have sworn Cole did mention the countout at one point.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm only sad Mortis is dead.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Funnily enough, the closest it came to making sense was that book someone wrote about it. As a bonus it had Kane randomly beating up Snitsky in a fight club.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I think JC and Wolfie's last appearance was the Legion of Doom murdering them. About as good a way to go as any.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Stardust is pretty much if Jim Carrey and Frank Gorshin had a child, then he grew up to do massive amounts of LSD.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That guy was such a pisser in Adventure of Link. Yeah, jump me right after Thunderbird forced me to use all my MP for his gimmick and I can't heal. gently caress off.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Hercules looks ridiculous in a good way. And what else are you going to watch? Lucy?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Barring his near complete inability to sell.

Ref: Do you submit!?

Cena: *Nonchalantly shakes head* No.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Miz/Ziggler really told a pretty cool in-ring story. Miz kept compulsively blocking his drat face, and Ziggler finally caught him by hitting him while he was covering up.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

More likely to get it at the Rumble as Lesnar's last defense before he drops it mania.

Either that or Vince panics and mashes the Cena Default Button as hard as he can.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Wrestler: So guys, let's form a union so...

Vince: YOU'RE ALL FIRED. HEY INDY GUY FROM ROH, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE A JOB?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

His final appearance will be falling off of the Titantron.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Maybe Vince is taking advice from Heyman nowadays on how to not pay your employees.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If acupuncture could bring 300 pound crackhead Scott Hall to what he was at the last Hall of Fame, I'd believe in loving acupuncture.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

See No Evil wasn't bad as far as dumb horror movies go. I've seen far worse.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I don't care what you think of Zack Ryder as a wrestler, Foley is entirely right that he was *huge* (I remember the Wrestlemania 29 pre-show where you couldn't get near the guy to get an autograph, too many people) and WWE willfully buried it all into nothing. It was really amazing, in a hosed up way.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I feel like it's a bit of both.

I compare him to Steen in ROH. ROH puts out a TON of Steen merch because it sells, the audience likes him. Everyone doesn't just buy Steen shirts because ROH happens to put out a new one every month.

We may not like Cena but a ton of people do, and they want to buy his stuff. If just pushing a guy super hard made him that popular they'd have more Cenas. Just look at Orton, they tried just as hard with him as they did Cena.

Orton still gets absurd reactions at house shows and such. He's not Cena, but he's a pretty good example of "If we push this guy long enough, he'll become 'Hey it's Orton, I know him, yay.'"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Would WWE let him come down from the rafters?

No way in hell. They might let him stand up there and point a bat. Maybe. But standing in the skybox is far more likely.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Bryan's lucky he never really had a feud with Cena, just the one-off win and then Cena went away with his hilariously deformed elbow.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also Miz was pretty drat good in the leadup to that Cena match at Mania. It was just the match itself that killed him dead.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Although it did lead to that fun time Miz completely blew Rock away on the mic, then mimed shooting a gun at the camera.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Was Nikki standing on the sidewalk yelling "COME ON BRIE!"?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Man, I remember when he first did that and everyone on here was like "Holy gently caress, Reigns just kung-fu kicked someone to death."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well, that or he can go "Hey Brock, let's go out there and shoot!" again

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I feel like I'm playing a WWE version of Wall Street Kid.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm just remembering all of the weird stories of how Dixie would defend Russo to the loving death, like, taking Fire Russo chants as a sign that everyone was screwing up except for Russo.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It would be fun if WWE picked up Bully Ray, since he's the rare example of a guy who got like a gajillion times better after he went to TNA.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I for one look forward to the debut of Potato McLiffey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Which was also the last time anyone gave a gently caress about Del Rio. The crowd just wanted him to die a death after that one, and...WWE did nothing. Whoops.

• Locked thread