Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

fart blood posted:

Well didn't he technically breach his contract by not fulfilling the remaining dates of his contract? I imagine they'll try to claim some of their money back.

Was it ever determined that this was the case? I vaguely remember people saying that he might have fulfilled all his contracted dates prior to leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

fart blood posted:

So apparently the Rock did an AMA on Reddit but didn't answer enough questions and a couple of redditors are mad.

They are probably upset because they figured they were so close to finding out how big Batista's dick really is, and it ended up being all for naught.

Also, this too:

NienNunb posted:

Rock pissed off a bunch of redditors now I love him even more. :swoon:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

triplexpac posted:

Call me old fashioned, but I feel like it would make sense for a wrestling promoter to try to promote & make money off of a guy his audience is excited about, rather than punish the fans for liking someone they didn't tell them to like.

I've said it before, but I'm firmly convinced that at this point Vince is far more obsessed with getting an audience to react how he wants them to react, instead of pushing guys that the audience gets behind organically (DB being the exception that proves the rule). That might change now that WWE has had some paper losses what with the stock price dropping and so forth (in that Vince might decide to get behind guys the audience likes, in the hopes of getting the next Hogan or Austin or Rock out of it), but I remain skeptical.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Frankston posted:

Punk is the whiniest baby I've ever seen in wrestling

Oh, so you just started watching wrestling this year, then? :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Frankston posted:

I watched in the 90's, I started watching again last year. I'm aware I missed his best years but all I've seen from him is constant moaning and sluggish, poor wrestling matches so that's how I see him.

Well my point was more that if you think Punk is anywhere near the biggest crybaby in pro wrestling, then you have some major catching up to do history-wise, because there are guys out there who had no hesitation in making GBS threads on others (as in, ruining programs and killing pushes) if it meant they were not going to get their way. All Punk did was decide to call it a day (and apparently offend both HHH and Batista, but oh well :v:).

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Valeyard posted:

The question asked was "Would WWE let him come down from the rafters" and I suggested they would take a safer approach than rappelling down

They will indeed take a safer approach, it's called "not doing it in the first place".

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

I Before E posted:

Given that he'd been working injured since at least Mania 29 I can't blame him for taking it a little easier in his matches and then leaving when he got fed up.

Especially considering he didn't use things like painkillers or booze or other substances to deal with it. I'm frankly happy for him that he was able to retire while still relatively healthy and mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Shoehead posted:

I would freak the gently caress out but I really hope they let him not wrestle for a while first. Wasn't he kind of hosed up?

You are as likely to see Kurt Angle wrestling in a WWE ring as you are to be watching TNA on Spike after October. :v:

• Locked thread