Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

So Meltzer believes Swagger/Rusev is dead because of the bad press, and that's why they retconned the Battleground finish.

It seems weird they'd have Rusev out there continuing to sell the ankle-lock, but drop the angle.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Lawler talked about Swagger submitting.

He submitted to unconsciousness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Two Beans posted:

New NOD, or new J.O.B. SQUAD. I'm down either way.

J.O.B.NOD.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

triplexpac posted:

I brought this up in the Raw thread, but why did they go through the trouble of putting Kane's mask back on him if he's still going to be a corporate stooge?

I really don't get it. I feel like he'd be better in his role if he just stuck with the babyhair slacks look and then got the mask back when he was ready to break free from the group.

Kane had become a pathetic mook since reigning in his darker impulses and they needed him to regain his fire to end Bryan's reign, so they gave him back the mask and reawoke "the Demon." He's essentially become their leashed demon since Wrestlemania. But now, the Demon's getting tired of being on the leash.

Makes sense to me.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Vintimus Prime posted:

This would be ridiculously cool, especially if he signs it to "my biggest fan". He could turn this into a pretty good gimmick really.

He should sign them "To my biggest fan. Stay Awesome - Miz"

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I think that was the first time he unmasked. Then he came back with the mask to make Cena embrace the hate. Then he took it off again and became corporate kane. And now he has it back and is The Demon Kane.

Kane's entire continuity in WWE is so amazingly stupid.

It's no more bizarre than any iconic slasher movie villain's, actually. Freddy, Jason? Just as weird and nonsensical.

edit: Stupid typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

birdlaw posted:

It wasn't anything close to a MOTYC, but if that kind of a reaction helps reinforce the idea that fans want to see longer, story-driven matches then it's worth it. Even if the story is as barethread as "you eliminated me from a battle royal and you are also a dick".

Anything is better than the usual midcard booking of "here's two guys!"

• Locked thread