Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It was. I was so happy when I found a staff of lightning with the affix that tripled its charge capacity on one of the early levels. Over 120 casts. Suddenly I went from throwing a few charged bolts at a time and carefully conserving mana to THOR, GOD OF THUNDER. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That breathing sound is phenomenal. I guess somebody in the office had a cold that day.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

queserasera posted:

And Fire Bolt does him in. Boss monsters always drop items and their items are always good magic items. Whatever it is should sell well.
Wait, how are you hitting him with fire bolt from there? Do the stairs not block it? It sure looks like they should.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
IIRC, there are five groups of 2-3 quests each, and one quest in each group is randomly left out of each game. Since the Butcher is part of group 1 and there are three quests in the group, there's a 33% chance of no Butcher.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 9, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I played D1 so long before D3 that I did not remember Adria had been in D1 until this thread popped up. :v:

But yeah, you really, really don't need to have played D1 to make sense of D3. At least no more so than D2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Adventure mode disables all the story stuff and virtually everyone plays that since the rewards are better than story mode.

You do have to finish all acts, including 5, once before adventure mode unlocks, but once you do it's unlocked everywhere forever, even in a fresh season.

• Locked thread