Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
NBA
Problem: Last two minutes of a game dragging out due to fouling and free-throw shooting
Solution: Five point, half court free throw. A team could opt to take a single, five point free throw from the half court line. They could also just take two normal free throws. Even if it wasn't used often, and had a low probability of success, it would still add uncertainty to the game.
(I don't actually think this would work out, but its an interesting idea to think about.)

Problem: Flopping.
Solution: If a player hits the the floor (not just down to their knees, but hits the floor totally), they have to take a 2-3 minute break to make sure they are okay. This would double as a safety rule: players who really have hit the floor would have 2 minutes to make sure they aren't hurt, and it would dissuade players from flopping. (This is actually a serious idea)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Mornacale posted:

So every team would carry two players whose entire job was to tackle LeBron James 6 times a game?

Which is kind of like having those players near the end of the bench whose main job is to commit fouls in the fourth quarter.

I mean, there is no perfect system, but at least in a scenario like this, you wouldn't have good players flopping because their team would need them on the floor.

• Locked thread