Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Peanut President posted:

Didn't know Gabe Newell posted here.

Problem: Terrible people that haven't seen Major League
Solution: Force them to watch one of those networks that always airs it until they see it at least twice.

I have two for Baseball

Problem: Umpires have zero accountability.
Solution: Grade them on either a game by game or series by series basis. Replace those that maintain bad grades. Publicly announce fines and suspensions for those who are being punished for actions deemed overly negative.

Problem: Too much time between pitches.
Solution: Start a pitch clock when no runners are on base, going over the clock is an automatic ball. Clock starts when the pitcher receives the ball from the catcher. Only allow batters to step out of the box once during an at bat, unless there is a special circumstance (fouling a ball off your foot, stolen base, wild pitch/passed ball causing action, broken bat, etc).

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Spaniards should really just be banned from all sports. They are awful drug cheats.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This game was between the Last Place Twins and the not very good Cleveland Indians. It started at 12:10 Central time on a Wednesday.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=340723109&teams=cleveland-indians-vs-minnesota-twins

Attendance 34,608 (87.6% full)

Looks like Baseball is doing ok with the random start times in the middle of the day.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

nature6pk posted:

NBA
Problem: 5 to 6 Eastern Conference teams make the playoffs every year over much more deserving Western Conference teams.

Solution: Nuke the East Coast back to the Bronze Age.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

runoverbobby posted:

4) it will probably reduce the amount of time the coffee breaks between plays last

This is actually one of those things that I've always found to be kind of funny that people never talk about. It's waaaaaay more noticable how much time is wasted on this when you're at the game instead of watching on TV, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DJExile posted:

This was the tough thing to get used to as a MAC team fan. BG games were almost never televised, so you got a game knocked out in maybe 2 hours and it was awesome. Then TV started showing up (and believe me, we love the exposure) and all of a sudden games went at least an hour longer. Hell, nowadays even if we don't have TV, we keep taking "media timeouts" just so everyone stays used to the pace of a non-televised game.

The media timeouts are generally only between changes of possession, but yeah those can suck too. It's always fun when you have a drive end with points then get a commercial break both before and after the kickoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

glowing-fish posted:

Problem: Flopping.

Solution: Call offensive fouls by the rules instead of the players needing to be visibly shoved back or to the floor.

• Locked thread