Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

Speaking of Stan: what's your prediction? Is he the true mastermind behind Gravity Falls' weirdness? Is he a simple observer? Is he trying to stop it somehow?
Place your bets!

Heyoo, fan theory time.

Stanfords's got a twin brother, Stanley, hinted at by a couple of episodes in the first season. While Grunkle Stan is a fat, lazy con artist his brother is a buff, intellectual book-learner type that identifies himself as a scientist and an inventor (for example, the carpet in the hidden room in a previous episode was actually one of HIS experiments). They live together in the shack where Stanley builds a laboratory in the basement and under guidance from a third party creates a dimensional portal. He accidentally traps himself in another dimension and Grunkle Stan is left behind.

Grunkle Stan proceeds to study Stanley's portal in secret and uses the journals to re-activate it as seen in the first season's finale. He then sets out to rescue his brother, but doesn't know which dimension to look into. Season two's monsters of the week will be partly introduced through Stan stumbling into wrong dimensions and releasing their inhabitants into his own world.

Who was the third party that gave the portal instructions to Stanley? Possibly the secret society in Gravity Falls. Who wrote the journals and hid them? What's Bill's agenda? How the gently caress should I know, they've got to save some secrets to construct a plot for the third season. Also I'm gay.

If anyone's interested I can also post my Doctor Who X Sherlock crossover fanfiction, my genderbending Harry Potter fantasies and a Something Awful fanfiction where Lowtax and Fragmaster are cast into the land of My Little Pony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Trailer speculation

pksage posted:

The guy behind them as Dipper and Mabel look at journal #3 might not be Stanley Pines after all. Grunkle Stan's normal glasses look a little different in some of his shots in this trailer, and that scene looks to just be him covered in soot or dirt.

I'm not so sure. Or at least they certainly know about the fan theories and are toying with the possibilities. Allegedly Stanley has a clefted chin and that patch of soot on this guy's chin is covering the revealing spot a bit too perfectly to be accidental. It certainly looks like deliberate censoring for plot reasons.

• Locked thread