Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
OP, have you ever kissed a pig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

If you look at the schedule of a cartoon on Cartoon Network they have new episodes almost year-round with breaks between seasons being just a month or two. Part of it is that cartoons on other networks tend to be 11 minutes long and self-contained so they can dole them out quicker while Gravity Falls uses a full 23-minute episode, part of it is Cartoon Network caters to an older audience and has more resources while Disney skews younger so they time their releases around school and holidays and they had to take breaks to actually finish the episodes. I'm assuming that now that they know how successful the show is and they've had a year between seasons they've ironed out their production and we won't have any four-month hiatuses.

Gravity Falls is definitely an outlier on the Disney Channel right now; most of their original programming are tween sitcoms that they can churn out quickly and cheaply and all the other cartoons they made when they tried to break back into TV animation in 2012 have been cancelled. It's like back in the day when you had Invader Zim showing between Spongebob Squarepants and Rocket Power, only Disney recognizes that they have a hit on their hands.

Maybe Disney just needs someone to fix it. Do we know anyone who can fix it?

(Yeah, finally saw these shorts this morning)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I wonder if merchandising for this show got lost in the shuffle because of the massive merchandising hit that is Frozen.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Maybe this will help change the topic, as two of my favorite shows meet up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALcQh2HqKT4

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Suspicious Dish posted:

So, how about that Pines family, and their mysteries? What do you think about them?

I refuse to answer this question.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Ineffiable posted:

The duchess approves.

You had your chance at the cotillion, you!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Woo, party time with lovely gifs!

Can I get one of these at the gift shop?!?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Am I wrong in thinking that Bill sounds a lot like the robot Claptrap from the video game Borderlands?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I demand a full-length version of that hip hop song.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Gaze upon hiatus! Gaze upon hiatus!

Disney needs room for more Jessie episodes I guess…

(seriously, my stepdaughter has been binge watching that entire series from the beginning. Someone help me)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I loved when Dipper shoved open the doors and yelled "Northwest!"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am terribly sorry for agreeing with Toxxupation on evenbthe most superficial of things, but does anyone get the impression that Mabel really is kind of a jerk? She seems to mostly worry about herself and her objectives (boys!) and Dipper ends up helping her out way more often than the other way around.
I don't even remember when was the last time that she helped Dipper in somr way.

She's a pre-teen/teenage girl. She's not a jerk, she's a kid.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Look, why don’t we all agree that everyone’s theories have merit, and if people still feel passionate that they’re right and everyone else is wrong…well, there’s only one way to settle the argument, isn’t there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
If Waddles dies we riot.

• Locked thread