Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
The fact that there were only two Fixin It With Soos shorts is a goddamn crime. Same for TV Shorts. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Friday can't come soon enough, and that panel clip cements Soos's Best Character status, next to Stan and Bill, all coincidentally voiced by Alex :tinfoil:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

This was a very solid and things happened two parter. I think honesty and trust will be a important part of this season, given the resolutions of both episodes, and the journal all the way back in "Tourist Trapped" said to trust no one.

Given how the Experiment called the author "That six fingered fool", of course the number of fingers is relevant

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I know this seems like a reaching theory, but maybe the reason why the Author is considered insane by the Shapeshifter back in Enter The Bunker is because he made some kind of deal with Bill and Bill hijacked his body similar to Dipper, which left the mind scrambled.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I am beyond pumped for a Soos focused episode. In a show of Best Characters, Soos stands high above them all, wearing that jacket thing, shirtless, explosions going on around him. :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Why can't it be the 22nd already? :negative:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Watch it turn out that one of the secrets of the town is that its geography shifts all the time, without anyone noticing. Like a TARDIS or something.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

i have no idea what I just watched but it was amazing. :swoon:.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm super hyped for Soos plus anime girl shenanigans, and have been since SDCC.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

This episode was so good, holy poo poo. Stan's subplot and everything related to Gifany especially. Her VA did some good scary undertones.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

This episode confirms my hypothesis that Soos focused episodes are The Best.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Mmm, I'd say Regular Show has that one, to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DcMmknay0Q

"That better be Working Fo-"

That's some good linking skills, my man. :toot:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Some people have pointed out that according to the ciphers on Sock Opera, Bill's main goal is to make abnormality normal, and chaos to reign.

The first step to doing that is making sure people notice the strangeness of Gravity Falls.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Asgerd posted:

I found this on the wiki:

At the end of Old Man McGucket's memories, he says "YROO XRKSVI! GIRZMTOV", and forms a triangle over his eye with his fingers. He is actually speaking in Atbash, and when translated he says "BILL CIPHER! TRIANGLE!"

:tinfoil:

I love how many layers there are for this show :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Occ, I like your opinions on things most of the time, but you are wrong and I want to hit you with a brick.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Interesting that he refers to Bill as a member of the book club

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Alex is a genius because he's part of the new generation of Internet savvy and fan based creators. Which means he can do amazing poo poo like this. He truly is Bill Cipher :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Homestarrunner is still funny man. You might think, oh I watched this when I was younger so it's probably not as good as I remember. But it still is. It still holds up amazingly well.

More importantly, the new toons feel like they never went on hiatus. Do you know how rare that is? Even Futurama pre and post cancellation are two different animals.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

nerdman42 posted:

So according to all these hints, the apocalypse is supposed to happen in the next episode. But that got me thinking: the original definition of apocalypse is something along the lines of "disclosure of knowledge/revelation". So although the end of world could be on the horizon, maybe we're looking at the supernatural world being revealed to the public next time?

Considering how Bill\s message at the end of Sock Opera was "Abnormality soon will become the norm" and he's usually associated with knowledge and secrets, you might be on to something.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Toxx, normally I like your opinions but

You are wrong and I want to hit you with a brick :smugissar:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I think part of what MAKES Bill so scary to the fanbase IS that he's so unpredictable and enigmatic. Just food for thought.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I think even for Gravity Falls, Triplets would be pretty hokey. That only worked for A Series of Unfortunate Events because that was only one book.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

Alex IS the voice actor for Bill

He basically voices all the important/conspiracy characters, meaning McGucket, Stanford and probably Stanley, Bill, and Soos.

Dude has some pretty impressive range :eng101:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Chapman helped write Not What It Seems, so as of that episode at least, he's still on the payroll.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

Depends on how big it is. There's no page count.

They meaning Alex and Rob Renzitti said it's over 250 plus pages.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

My stream hiccuped when Ford and Dipper got to Ford's private study :negative:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

New episode October 12th! http://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/646467662420176897 A consistent GF schedule is freaking me out still.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I appreciate that Dipper immediately knows something's wrong with this reality bubble. It's refreshing.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

The resistance existing was cliche but you need a big fight. One more monster sized episode to go :ohdear:. And we still can't see Stan's title card eyes :ohdear: :hf: :ohdear:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm worried about Stan's resentment getting the better of him :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I was bummed because Amazon said my book wouldn't come for another week but I'l get it tomorrow :d:

• Locked thread