Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Do Ecks Dee shows have a more consistent release schedule? By which I mean they don't have multi-month long breaks in between new episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The only true love for Soos

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

poo poo, it was alot more fluid in the video.

Oh yeah, next episode has Bill.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I think the Japanese on the back is just the series blurb on the official Disney site.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm not about to comb through this thread for anyone who's already pointed it out, but apparently there's a "Certificate of Mystery", presumably by Dipper, in the official handbook. It looks innocent enough, but the borders have a barely visible cipher hidden in it that, when decoded, read:

quote:

By signing this official document, you are hereby agreeing to dedicate your life, your afterlife, and any potential clone-lives to the discovery, uncovery (Is that a word?), and exploration of the paranormal, the alter-average, and the extra-usual. When friends ask you to stop being paranoid, you will scoff. When they say that you’ve been acting really weird since you read that book and they don’t even recognize you anymore, that means they’re jealous/you are like me now. We are part a higher calling. We will meet one day and on that glorious day we will show the small-minded doubters we were right all along, and are also really cool, and they should have been nicer to us. Okay that’s about it. This sort of sounds like a supervillain manifesto in retrospect. But you get the gist.

What was once a certificate is now a thickly veiled binding contract (to a 12-year-old child). At least Bill was transparent about his vague and easily manipulated terms. The Tumblr I got this information from went on to talk about how Bill and the general weirdness of Gravity Falls, the town, does no favors for Dipper's general obsession with blowing the lid off some long-standing conspiracy. And also Rumble McSkirmish might be right when he called Dipper the last stage.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Check the rug. What's got Bill up in arms?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Wanna see Old Mabel punch zombies in the face.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Does the scheduling shaman at Disney have a twitter account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Unless there was a divorce or her surname was requested or something.

• Locked thread