Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Listen to the way he says "beautiful CG". :allears:

And is that Homestar Runner's minimalist Casio keyboard music in the background, or am I hearing things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

The Red Queen posted:

When you're dealing with supernatural elements though that's a tricky line to walk. You can look like a real douchebag doing it wrong - Supernatural comes off really awkward to me when they basically do the "Native American burial ground" shtick in an episode.
That's easy, you just don't relate any supernatural elements to the fact that there are Native American characters. I don't think any of the characters so far are tied to any of the weird stuff through their ethnicity.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

I... I never watched Homestar Runner. And I'm, like, the exact age of everyone who says it was a major part of their childhood. I did run across a couple of the associated games and play them.

Whenever I go to the website and try to watch all the cartoons, I'm confused by the layout. They seem to be sorted into categories instead of chronologically, which makes it tough to do a comprehensive "watch all the stuff in order".

The Homestar Runner wiki has a mostly chronological list. I've been using it for my rewatch, because it's less confusing than checking every single category. The site itself has a New Stuff category in the toons menu, but it only goes back to 2007.

That said, it's not a great idea to watch from the very beginning unless you're patient enough to keep at it until it gets good. A better starting place would maybe be the first Strong Bad Email, Some Kinda Robot.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

Is Over the Garden Wall good? The 5-second snippet made it look like a show for 3-year-olds.
That scene works well in context, but it's not a very good indicator of the tone of the show. The show itself is mostly about the kids being lost in the creepy fairy tale woods and getting menaced by weird stuff.

Shwoo fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 2, 2015

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Who says their grandfather isn't Stan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Roach Warehouse posted:

Or, y'know, a sister.
Or their grandfather is Stanley.

• Locked thread