Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Some people aren't that sensitive to the fps but they'll still notice big swings in fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

stoutfish posted:

in fact, it was cheaper to upgrade my pc instead of buying a next gen console and it's more powerful than a ps4.

:ssh: that means you had already purchased a relatively high end CPU before upgrading the video card, or vice versa

You can build a serviceable gaming machine for about $400-600 but I doubt it will be more powerful than a ps4

it will have games worth playing, though

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

zen death robot posted:

PC gaming is poisoned by poo poo tier MOBAs and Free-to-Gay bullshit that you just don't have to deal with on modern consoles.

hm, yes, more having more options is a pretty big downside

ed: also sony is using the ps4 to bring the glory of f2p to consoles with the likes of planetside 2 and warframe

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

zen death robot posted:

I don't recognize the legitimacy of these things

also the xbone has killer instinct

free to play is the future, all hail free to play

• Locked thread