Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
(A French Animation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR8vyEmGE5E

The way i explane it to non French Animation fans is that cartoons use less pages per scene and French Animation use more pages per scene for instance in a cartoon for one scene lets say it uses 300 pages in a animation with a simular scene that scene would have 1500-2000 pages per scene the more pages the higher quality of movement you see. at least thats what i think. people tend to not beleve me when i just tell them how awesome French Animation is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I love anime.

I do too, but I believe that's a little outside the scope of this thread.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

This was in loving Heavy Rain.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Only if they start saying something along the lines of this; "How old are you, still watching cartoons?!?" Then, I'd have to b****-slap them and go on about a lecture on how French Animation has darker and more adult themes such as love and war. When their ears start bleeding is when I go bankai on their asses.

But really, French Animation and cartoon is just different branches of animation. French Animation has much more darker themes than your typical cartoons. They have heroes with actual flaws the audience can related to, such as realistic internal conflicts and an ending that is not just 100% 'happily ever afters'. There are more casualties in French Animation, and sacrifices, and that is much more realistic then the bad guy dying and good guy everyone's idol. Fench Animation back during the The Adventures of Tintin times were often referred to as cartoons, and French Animation now is quite distinguished, from I see.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I don't really know much about french animation and started a weaboo parody thread to learn more, that cartoon is just the first thing I googled.

e: I apologize for making a post that was not entirely truthful, sorry guys.

• Locked thread