Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer
Thank you all for this thread, it is some of the most entertaining MMA in a while. I seriously laughed harder at this thread than in a long time. I suppose I should thank NSAC since mostly you just posted what happened.

Agent Tough Juice thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Rigging fights hurts your business eventually. Rigging NSAC commissions has pretty much no downside and they're such a poo poo show it's nigh indistinguishable from their normal craziness.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

And you know Lorenzo is so entrenched in that poo poo that it's done in a way that no one will ever know. I loved Kizar up there talking about how much he believed Chael had tiny balls in the previous mess as proof that Chael was a good guy they should listen to.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
read this thread while I was at work. awesome. edit: more than awesome, the page or two where chael was getting offered a job were some of the funniest poo poo i've read on SA in a long while. maybe since the last chael hearing.

I only wish chael got away like vitor or with just a year suspension.

tesilential fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 24, 2014

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

The UFC, the company completely locked out of the 3rd most populous state by a government official, is totally powerful enough to "rig" a government sanctioning body's hearing. Get a grip guys.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lorenzo Fertitta is a former commissioner. I'm sure he's got a friend or two's ear on things they should do. Kizar isn't even a person on the board but was allowed to shill his rear end off for Chael as if he was. The exasperation on the doctor's and AG's faces tells the story of two guys trying to be legit being crippled by a commission that really doesn't give a gently caress about the truth was amazing.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This is a Hanlon's Razor situation if there ever was one.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Something tells me it might be more difficult to bend the ear of the entire NY state legislature than a couple of guys who received Nevada gov't jobs where the primary requirement is to have shady ties to boxing.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Something tells me it might be more difficult to bend the ear of the entire NY state legislature than a couple of guys who received Nevada gov't jobs where the primary requirement is to have shady ties to boxing.

It's really just one dude in New York.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Lorenzo Fertitta is a former commissioner. I'm sure he's got a friend or two's ear on things they should do. Kizar isn't even a person on the board but was allowed to shill his rear end off for Chael as if he was. The exasperation on the doctor's and AG's faces tells the story of two guys trying to be legit being crippled by a commission that really doesn't give a gently caress about the truth was amazing.

The whole thing is a cronyist grab bag of useless pricks anyway.

What better way for the UFC to clean Chael's image for him to get his jobs with the UFC and Fox back than have him work with the commission for a few months and then come back as "the former UFC fighter who helped clean up the sport".

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but god drat if this isn't way too loving neatly wrapped.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm just gonna post this in here as well in case anyone missed it in the posts of gus being out of the fight in the other thread.

The moment the NSAC offered Chael a job

Also this thread was loving hilarious and generated like 4 times the posts a bellator event does.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

For some context, that is DC's phone.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
I hope Cormier demolishes those chicken legs.

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
I'm so glad I am able to rewatch this on fight pass. This is just storybook, I'm in disbelief at how crooked this stuff is.

KingAsmo
Mar 18, 2009

hrollins posted:

I'm so glad I am able to rewatch this on fight pass. This is just storybook, I'm in disbelief at how crooked this stuff is.

Is it up on fightpass yet? I can't find it.

mewse
May 2, 2006

KingAsmo posted:

Is it up on fightpass yet? I can't find it.

There was a link but it might be gone, I had to search for it:

http://www.ufc.tv/video/nsac-commission-hearing

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Oh man Daniel Cormier is fighting? Im So Stoked

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

[Doorbell rings. Chael opens the door, revealing several old white people]

"Fannie Mae, Freddie, what are you guys doing here?"

"Chael, we heard you had some free time while you are serving your suspension. We are planning a big operation. That stuff in 2012 was small change. We need you as our front man."

"Come on guys, you know I'm out of the game now. But just out of curiosity... What's the gig?"

[Cut to Chael testifying before Congress]

"Mr. Sonnen, we heartily accept your apology for attempting to steal the federal reserve. Additionally, we think it's so brave of you to appear before us today, we all voted and congratulations, you are now president of the United States."

"It looks like it's one more win...FOR THE BAD GUY."

[Cut to black]

Martin Scorsese presents

The Wolf of Ball Street

Just reread this after getting home from work. All I can say is...

<---------------

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I just hope Chael is able to do some next level trolling like work himself into a seat on the council and poo poo talk Wanderlei at a hearing.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Seltzer posted:

I'm just gonna post this in here as well in case anyone missed it in the posts of gus being out of the fight in the other thread.

Also this thread was loving hilarious and generated like 4 times the posts a bellator event does.

LOL that's awesome,
he can barely hold that poo poo eating grin in.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Anyone have a screenshot or gif of the doctor and AG? I need to see this too.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Best Friends posted:

This is so clearly a fix with the UFC in on it, how long until they just outright start rigging fights?

The UFC probably wasn't "in on it" because they didn't need to be. Big fights have been one of the major economic drivers in Nevada for decades now; anybody who succeeds in getting appointed to the NSAC knows that they're expected to make whatever decision gets more big fights into Vegas. As soon as they started talking about Vitor's title shot "definitely" taking place in Vegas you knew exactly what was happening and why.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

While I agree with the Vitor situation, I think there certainly was at least one phone call made to someone about Chael. Him hiding his smirk just seems to me like he was told to walk in, admit everything, don't try to make any excuses and own up to it all and Lorenzo/Dana will take care of the rest. You've said yourself these are guys that value loyalty over anything else. How many guys that pop for as much poo poo as Chael did are going to walk into a punishment hearing and walk out with no punishment and a job?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Seltzer posted:

I'm fairly certain that smile didn't happen when they initially brought up the job. I think he smiled like that shortly after he'd successfully seduced the lady commissioner with his good looks and she told him she wanted to work him like a farm animal.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I remember when Hulk Hogan told me that winners don't do drugs. Now it turns out that I need to start shooting EPO even if I want to land a desk job.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

The UFC probably wasn't "in on it" because they didn't need to be. Big fights have been one of the major economic drivers in Nevada for decades now; anybody who succeeds in getting appointed to the NSAC knows that they're expected to make whatever decision gets more big fights into Vegas. As soon as they started talking about Vitor's title shot "definitely" taking place in Vegas you knew exactly what was happening and why.

yeah, i don't think the ufc had a part in nsac giving vitor the licence and i especially don't think the ufc had a part in pat lundvall wanting to gently caress

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't have fight pass and can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic.
Did the NSAC genuinely off Chael Sonnen a job despite banning for two years?

I think he's the sort of guy that could help get things sorted out at the NSAC.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Aurain posted:

I don't have fight pass and can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic.
Did the NSAC genuinely off Chael Sonnen a job despite banning for two years?

I think he's the sort of guy that could help get things sorted out at the NSAC.

Chael, his lawyer, the NSAC's doctor, a private doctor, and the state AG all came up to speak for his thing. His lawyer says that he admits everything in the amended complaint, has no defense, but he puts Chael's prescriptions for all the drugs he was on and his termination letters from the UFC/Fox into the record. The doctors go on to explain every drug that Chael was on, the legit purpose for the drug, and how it's used to game the system. The state presents the case in a lucid and well thought manner. Chael is uniformly browbeaten by the state and even Tony Marnell (mere moments after telling Vitor he was his new best friend). The NSAC officials then basically stop the entire hearing to bullshit with Chael about the testing program, and muse that Chael has a lot to offer them as someone to help fix their program. The NSAC's doctor is incredulous because that's the job he's got. Fighters are supposed to contact him but he says no one does. They ask the doctor point blank if any of the drugs that Chael was on were steroids. He admits in a defeated fashion that they weren't. They contemplate how long they legally can suspend him, and whether he should be fined at all because he's already lost two jobs. Pat Lundvall says she wants to work Chael like a farm animal. The state AG loses his poo poo saying "you can't stick a needle in yourself everyday and NOT know it's prohibited." They deliberate what they're going to do. Keith Kizar is allowed to sit in on the deliberation and talks at end about positive attributes of Chael. They give him no fine aside from paying for the extra doc's travel expenses, a two year suspension that is meaningless as he's retired, and asked him to work with the NSAC on improving their testing/drug information program.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 24, 2014

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
They want him to work with the NSAC, "like a farm animal", to help improve their drug testing policies. Whatever that means.

tonesville
Apr 25, 2010
So how much did UFC charge for this "proof mma is a fake sport" type event?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

doverhog posted:

They want him to work with the NSAC, "like a farm animal", to help improve their drug testing policies. Whatever that means.

Give him lots of drugs and milk him?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Sounds about right.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

They give him no fine aside from paying for the extra doc's travel expenses, a two year suspension that is meaningless as he's retired, and asked him to work with the NSAC on improving their testing/drug information program.

So yeah, Chael's just one of those guys that falls in poo poo and comes up smelling of roses.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I had to wear my team sonnen jersey to work today to commemorate such a big win

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Goldmine this.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Aurain posted:

So yeah, Chael's just one of those guys that falls in poo poo and comes up smelling of roses.
that's a bonus of not being an insufferable rear end in a top hat. The public and disciplinary boards really enjoyed seeing chronic cheater Lance Armstrong crash, burn and crater into ultimate sporting disgrace because he was a known entitled loathsome egomaniac who treated his peers like they were beneath him.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TheRationalRedditor posted:

that's a bonus of not being an insufferable rear end in a top hat. The public and disciplinary boards really enjoyed seeing chronic cheater Lance Armstrong crash, burn and crater into ultimate sporting disgrace because he was a known entitled loathsome egomaniac who treated his peers like they were beneath him.

True enough. Even Chael at his worst was being a "team player" for the American public. His coaching stint on TUF was pretty impressive too, as he was pretty good to his team.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
There are no legal drugs that are administered via needle, either, is a thing I learned.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
As far as not being an insufferable rear end in a top hat and essentially getting a commuted sentence, didn't James Toney basically poo poo-talk the AC (I honestly can't recall if it was Nevada or California) after a positive test and get his suspension reduced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Seltzer posted:

Goldmine this.

• Locked thread