Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Jesus Christ I hate my generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Herrenvolk Hero, this one is. Also does she mean skilled workers or maybe manual labor? Domestic labor? What?

Her theory is that automation will make all skilled labor redundant except for engineering and programming. The scores of unemployed people made redundant by said automation will then work as domestic servants for the software engineers.

I don't think I need to elaborate on how stupid this idea is.

hohhat fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 12, 2014

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Al Cowens posted:

Crap posted:

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

skeletonotherkin posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

skeletonotherkin posted:

instead of killing hitler or getting a man on the moon, all we created was a bunch of gay startups.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

instead of killing hitler or getting a man on the moon, all we created was a bunch of gay startups.

i want to create an island in international waters

#Seasteading #Sovereignty #JohGaltlives

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Is this person still hired by Google? Like, has anyone sent these dumbass tweets to her supervisors yet?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

The line between trolling and actual belief is blurry with some of these people. Isn't post-jail Weev an out 'n' proud naaaazi now, complete with swastika tattoo and everything, who moved to Lebanon to escape the evil jew-controlled USA? Or is that just more trolling...
i don't think he moved to Lebanon but he is definitely a nazi with a swastika tattoo. then again, that's par for the course in our prison system. gotta get with the White Power Bills in order to survive

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

SunAndSpring posted:

Is this person still hired by Google? Like, has anyone sent these dumbass tweets to her supervisors yet?

Last time she was on a tear she ended up retweeting some poo poo I said earlier in the thread about techies being our autistic gnome servants or something and having a meltdown after which I think her employers told her to STFU because she closed her twitter and then quietly reopened it later and has been pretty chill since..

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

skeletonotherkin posted:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

ashgromnies posted:

i think Justine Tunney might just be trolling? idk. she is good friends with weev, as every piece of poo poo is.

it is said that people who tell the same lie over and over eventually start to believe it themselves.

i think the same holds true with trolling. it's all jokes and games at first, but then the attention they get gives them so much pleasure that the behavior becomes a core part of their personality.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Y-Hat posted:

i don't think he moved to Lebanon but he is definitely a nazi with a swastika tattoo. then again, that's par for the course in our prison system. gotta get with the White Power Bills in order to survive

if I wanted a huge nazi tattoo and plausible deniability later on i'd totally get it done right after I got out of jail

YEAH MAN HAD TO SWING WITH THE ABs. STICK WITH YOUR KIND, Y'KNOW?

no, he's an actual real live nazi

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i for one can't wait until the people rise up and overthrow the corrupt democratic elites and, when seeking a new aristocracy to rule over them, naturally go directly for the most treasured and pampered members of society: transwomen.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Jonny 290 posted:

if I wanted a huge nazi tattoo and plausible deniability later on i'd totally get it done right after I got out of jail

YEAH MAN HAD TO SWING WITH THE ABs. STICK WITH YOUR KIND, Y'KNOW?

no, he's an actual real live nazi

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i for one can't wait until the people rise up and overthrow the corrupt democratic elites and, when seeking a new aristocracy to rule over them, naturally go directly for the most treasured and pampered members of society: transwomen.

ill start the google+ group

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
"Without us you can't have your Internet and smartphones and apps! We could 'go Galt.'"

*dumb jock picks up rock* Keep coding apps, nerd, or I'll loving bash your head in with this rock!

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Agag posted:

"Without us you can't have your Internet and smartphones and apps! We could 'go Galt.'"

The funny thing about this is that as soon as, say, tech nerds all over USA stop working, okay, it wouldn't be even a minute until all of us tech nerds in the third world start picking up whatever slack they leave behind. All those delicious dollars, they buy a lot of manpower that needs them.

And good luck coordinating more than 5 tech people to strike at once. It's the least union-like area of work in existence ever.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

he has been asking friends for help finding a job in lebanon, maybe just a deep cover troll or he is legit. who loving knows.

did you know weev founded the original SASS? yes, that's right: weev was a goon

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

ashgromnies posted:

he has been asking friends for help finding a job in lebanon, maybe just a deep cover troll or he is legit. who loving knows.

did you know weev founded the original SASS? yes, that's right: weev was a goon

God, we can only pray he gets embroiled in the poo poo show in Syria and killed.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

skeletonotherkin posted:

God, we can only pray he gets embroiled in the poo poo show in Syria and killed.

Man I sure hope so....

Who is weev?

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Agag posted:

Man I sure hope so....

Who is weev?

Caro's one man rescue team.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Agag posted:

Who is weev?
A hacker and Anonymous activist jailed by the U.S. government on, admittedly, trumped-up bullshit charges. He was put in solitary confinement for much of his time in prison, and a lot of people in Anonymous and other hacking communities raised awareness of his plight, and some even offered to buy him books while he was in solitary.

Then he got free and it turned out that- surprise!- he's an out-and-out Nazi, immediately pissing away any goodwill he once had. Either prison made him snap, or he's always been a piece of poo poo due to being a moronic 4channer and a big poo poo in Anonymous. I'll go with the latter, because even "4chan activists" can't escape the fact that they're terrible people.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 14, 2014

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

A hacker and Anonymous activist jailed by the U.S. government on, admittedly, trumped-up bullshit charges. He was put in solitary confinement for much of his time in prison, and a lot of people in Anonymous and other hacking communities raised awareness of his plight, and some even offered to buy him books while he was in solitary.

Then he got free and it turned out that- surprise!- he's an out-and-out Nazi, immediately pissing away any goodwill he once had. Either prison made him snap, or he's always been a piece of poo poo due to being a moronic 4channer and a big poo poo in Anonymous. I'll go with the latter, because even "4chan activists" can't escape the fact that they're terrible people.

if you followed his old LJ before he went to jail you'd know he was an unrepentant criminal, bully piece of poo poo. doxx'd people (including Lowtax, lol), claimed to have stolen credit cards and was definitely anti semitic

he wiped a lot of this from the Internet when he was facing charges but there are traces around

http://www.webcitation.org/5jnP71qsD
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/fulldisclosure/2009-10/0086.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/magazine/03trolls-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

ashgromnies fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 14, 2014

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

quote:

Is this really the direction we want to be heading in as a society? Do we really want to live in a world where brilliant men and powerful corporations are forced to take orders from the mob? A world in which even innocent employees must worry about losing their job due to the actions of an unscrupulous coworker on their personal time? How did it come to pass, that the world’s greatest superpower should tremble before a cabal of impertinent slacktivists on the Internet? Oh how the mighty hath fallen.

Irony is dead

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

ashgromnies posted:

doxx'd people (including Lowtax, lol)

I remember that, he posted complete personal details including socials for Lowtax, Fistgrrl, EPG, and I think Ozma too, here on SA with a hacked account. Weev is an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

here's a good article about Anonymous and why they're poo poo. hits all the notes

http://www.thenation.com/article/190369/truth-about-anonymouss-activism

this, in particular, explains Anonymous, weev and tunney to a t

quote:

By fetishizing the “weapons of the geek,” Coleman belies her radically techno-utopian belief—which colors the entire book but is never stated outright—that geeks offer the way to a better world through technological mastery. Anonymous is a political vanguard because it is the purest, most potent expression of geek power, able to slice through the Gordian knot of state repression and grueling organizing conditions that so often tie down activists. But why should we take an action seriously as a political statement simply because it uses the Internet?

Despite its anointing by Coleman, Anonymous is not a vanguard; it’s the relic of an already twice-failed dream. Anonymous is the latest and most dysfunctional marriage between a particular strain of countercultural utopianism and the boundless faith in technology that first appeared in the 1960s.

Today, their techno-utopianism is why a tech mogul like Mark Zuckerberg is celebrated as a visionary social engineer. In this context, Anonymous is anything but subversive; it is the most radical advocate of a widespread conflation of technological prowess with political wisdom. Anonymous is Silicon Valley’s unwitting shock troops, a live demo of the Internet’s power to transform our world. When Anons call for revolution, they’re calling for a better world. But the shallowness of their politics and their uncritical embrace of technology means this energy is easily channeled into Silicon Valley’s parody of revolution: a techno-liberation from the doldrums of day jobs with health insurance and steady benefits, in favor of the radical freedom and flexibility to pilot an Uber under contract.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 14, 2014

• Locked thread