Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Game is bad yall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Also they are giving away a mechbay for a relatively easy challenge. Not worth giving them your money, but it's ok to shoot a robot once every couple of months.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Does anyone have links to the very first threads? I think the first one was started before we were even sure if it was going to MWO or MW5. I want to go back and laugh bitterly at all the hope we once had.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

axelsoar posted:

Did someone save the highlander poptart with toblerones picture?

This one?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Was thinking about joining you guys for some robit shooting, but no. I am so so so glad I trusted my gut feeling way back during the founders program. Never gave them a cent and PGI couldn't even pay me to play their poo poo at this point.

I'd again like to ask, does anyone have a link to the very first thread back when we still had hope?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Number19, please start stealing poo poo from work before everything implodes. You deserve a new monitor for instance.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I like the music they've put up on their site so far.

http://www.heavygear.com/news

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

wid posted:

*The irony is that they don't even have to be super competent at making games. Take Digital Extremes, maker of Warframne, for example. They're very bad at coding the game itself, each patch would break more stuff before hotfixed hastily and balance is out of whack, while the art department is top notch. Sounds familiar? So why is Warframe sitting on 10 million users while MWO struggling to make ends meet? The different is... *gasp* communication. DE is very open with their community, for good and for ill, and never snarky or showed disdain to dissenters. They patch and shuffle things around often and appear to genuinely enjoy making this game and having us play it. While PGI continues to deal with their own customers as if pulling teeth and ignore (or even stamp out) criticism. They continue to treat their customers like spoiled demanding children (which, honestly, right on the nose) but they should've known this is the side effect of a nostalgic, already established IP. Maybe it's also the reason they made the space game their own IP.

I think you're underselling DE's competence just a bit. I got into the Warframe beta about the same time as MWO and Warframe has always performed far better technically.

Anyway, you are spot on when you say there seems to be an enthusiasm gap.

DE :v:
Hey guys! Let's add a new game mode to our third person shooter where you strap on a jetpack and fly around in space cutting poo poo in half with an 8 foot long anti ship sword! WOO!

PGI :effort:
Look, you've got no respawn team deathmath, no respawn team deathmath with two squares to stand in, and no respawn team deathmath with a couple of squares to stand in. Isn't that enough?

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 11, 2014

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Transverse Citizen : Danger Star update time!

quote:

Pledged In Total

Backers So Far

Total towards current goal

20 DAYS TO REACH GOAL

1/3 the way through your time limit, 1/100 the way to your goal! Good luck guys! :wink:

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 19, 2014

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
We're halfway through the Transverse funding campaign, let's check on how it's doing!

quote:

Crowdfunding Progress

Pledged In Total

Backers So Far

Total towards current goal

$500,000 / Liftoff
1% Funded

$500,000
$9,370 Raised So Far

Goal gets us to an alpha state on ship construction, flight, combat and harvesting. Please check out the funding page for more details.

15 DAYS TO REACH GOAL

Exciting times!

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I don't think you know what alliteration is.

P.S. MWO is bad and the Transverse funding campaign only has 9 days left with 10,660 in the bank.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ravens don't form murders, crows do. Ravens form an unkindness, or a conspiracy, or a generic flock.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Propagandist posted:

There's always that one guy that ruins everything that is wonderful and good.

Good thing MWO doesn't qualify as either of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

WarLocke posted:

So apparently the MWO client can handle 40+ mechs in a match, now I kind of want that to happen. :stare:

Hahahaha, No. That's just both teams lined up together firing at nothing. Notice that the cuts don't show both "sides" at once.

• Locked thread