Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

WebDO posted:

All of you are the same as veedub. Let that sink in.

ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
d3 also patched in 2.1 today.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Still have yet to find a gold mech on our team. So far the only gold mech we've run into got cored out pretty loving fast.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Initially it did not. You had to buy the gold skin and the clan pack separately.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

EoRaptor posted:

Good luck finding your modules.

Home -> Inventory -> Select a mech to see what is equipped. You can't edit or remove them from here though, so back to the Mechlab, then re-find the same mech, then Configure -> Modules, to remove them. Then kill you are self.

Here's an easier way to do it. Click mech, strip mech, repeat with every mech you own. Then when you have stripped every mech, kill yourself by drinking a shitton of your preferred alcohol. It's a slow process but so far it seems to be working.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bieeardo posted:

If this datacenter move only takes 24 hours, I'll be sorely surprised. It's a little more complex than drop shipping a crate of golden hard drives in another area code, and given PGI is involved...

Maybe they're paying professionals to do the move.

Heh, the brown sea is offline also.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 28, 2014

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

sebmojo posted:

Niko advises that being able to filter the engine list for engines you've bought (instead of scanning the dozens of identical items for the '1') is too hard to do until they've finished CW.

The non-interactive smurfy view is almost adequate as a stopgap, but with UI 2 the fun minigame of mech-tweaking is an ugly slog.

I wasn't actually kidding when I mentioned to just strip every mech. It's what I plan to do when I get home tonight. I have over 50 mechs and I might use 3-4 any more. I can't find jack poo poo in this stupid UI so I'm just gonna strip everything and build the 1-2 mechs I actually play. At least then I'll know where my loving engines and modules are.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So I've spent the last 35 minutes stripping mechs. I still have assaults left to strip. While I'm doing this I was wondering about a few mechs. Is there any reason to keep the non phoenix tbolts and griffons/wolverines?

Just gonna put this out there, but it really shouldn't take this long to strip my loving mechs. add the non protectors to that list of poo poo I don't know if i should keep.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 29, 2014

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Hav posted:

Don't have any truck with colos, then? Lucky, lucky, lucky...

Is the color of your underwear covered by an NDA?

We moved our servers in the back of a Tahoe when we moved out of the colo to our new locations >< With all the hard drives still in their bays.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Kazvall posted:

There is a strip mech button. It shouldn't take too long to hit strip and then save.

Now strip 50 mechs. poo poo adds up.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I'm really digging the Nova. Doesn't feel too bad now that you can buy it for Cbills. We get Summoners today or next week?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

imperialparadox posted:

The Summoner is a horrible mech though, for real. I'd just save for a better Clan mech really.

The Nova works well with 6xERML 4xCMG. It's basically a bigger, slower firestarter with the laser range of IS Large lasers. Just use the range to your advantage until mechs are cracked open, and then the machineguns will scoop out their insides pretty fast.

Stormcrows are pretty good as well. I don't have any but they can be built rather versatile, have better hitboxes, and are pretty fast.

I'm running it with 6 erml in the right arm and a cmpl in the right torso then filled to the brim with heatsinks. I tried to figure out how to jam in machine guns but that requires me to put heatsinks in the left arm.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

KyloWinter posted:

Oh my god this thread is back. Someone update me on the CLAN $500 mechs.

Just a note, but player Hann Solo can often be seen in a gold mech. I'll update as I see more people who own these atrocities.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bubbacub posted:

Can somebody post a screenshot of a gold mech? I may have shot a few regular orange mechs by mistake.

The easiest way to tell is that it has a (G) designation after the name.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Vorenus posted:

If I repaint my Timber Wolf in a fit of spergery, can I repaint it in the original colors without buying them or is it :pgi: ?

You own whatever colors are currently on your mech. Just don't buy new colors cause that's bad. Paint everything pubby green or black if you have it already.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Here is a handy cheat sheet for when mechs are being released. The nova is out right now and isn't too bad of a robbut. Skip the Summoner as others have said.
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/158453-clan-mech-release-schedule/

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Both clan lights are slow as poo poo. The kit fox just happens to have a reason to exist while the adder does not. You have to play the kit fox as a light lrm boat that can ecm/ams shield your fatties or a light scout with ecm like the cicada. If you try to play it like a 150kph+ IS light you will die, a lot.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

KyloWinter posted:

Patching 1/43 o my. Is the goon wiki still running or updated? I don't have the links bookmarked anymore.

nope. Just use smurfy.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

sarmhan posted:

2 weeks after the summoner is the dire wolf which is godly. Save for that.

And it's going to be hella expensive to buy all 3 if plan to master :)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Hahaha, pubbies are so bad.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Because you're weak.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Hoboskins posted:

I like laser boats what was your nova S build?

6 ERML right arm. 2 cmg in each torso. 2 tons of ammo. ams ct. 1t ams ammo in head

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Best wishes*

*gently caress you

:pgi: And apparently due to my alcoholism this weekend I didn't even finish my free mech bay. Don't even feel like loving with it at this point.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Russ on Twitch.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Welp, I finally hit my breaking point. games tonight have been such dogshit with absolutely terrible weightmatching and nothing but full lrm teams. Soon as I get this mechbay I think I'm done for a while too. Says a lot when I get sick of the game.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Chronojam posted:

Unfortunately I don't think I do :( I'll post a summation of the NGNG piece later, I gave a small running commentary along with a former MWO white knight while Russ was doing his thing.

One of the biggest takeaways is that Russ said you cannot lay the blame for the clan invasion rollout on IGP, that he was satisfied with how it happened and wouldn't go back to redo it if he could, and when pressed for any gameplay directions that were IGP's fault all he could come up with was that they pressed for an improved new user experience and really pushed for community warfare.

So basically IGP kept telling them to finish the poo poo they promised, just like the players? No wonder they cut ties.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

PoptartsNinja posted:

Star Wars: The Old Republic now has a PVP minigame where guilds can compete for control of their various planets.

Star Wars: The Old Republic now has a more feature-complete version of Community Warfare than MWO.

Time to update SW:G. And now I hate myself for even thinking it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
There is no way in hell it costs 500k a month to run MW:O unless they are including the cocaine costs.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Well with all Salaries (30-40?) included this figure seems realistic. If you believe that all of them work full time on MWO.

See that's where the assumption falls apart. If 30-40 people were working on this game for 40 hours each a month, poo poo might get done.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Finally caught up on the thread. Geeze you guys have been busy. Anyway. D3 started season 1 yesterday and it's pretty cool starting from scratch and having fun with a completed game.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I'm surprised they haven't just banned everyone that posts here that is registered with the same account on MW:O. Since apparently we're -all- shitlords making Niko's life hell. You're doing God's work guys.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Propagandist posted:

How long until they delete the whole "About Reddit" thread?

Jesus christ Niko is a passive aggressive gently caress.

I'm surprised how many posts from goons there are in that thread. Figured they'd have been purged minutes after being posted.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
19, can you find out if they have fixed the issues (rather when they are going to fix the issues) with AMD cards playing like poo poo compared to Nvidia cards. I still can't max out the game even with triple 290x and it bums me out. I know they're working because my room temp goes up steadily as I play more games :)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Great Beer posted:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=16&l=91b81d6c8b0689ee32f6557582e8cc8eb42cfa61

LRMs + Ammo + 4 of the 8 spare slots = 4x SRM6 + ammo. A little light on missile ammo but my experience was that since clanageddon Atlases don't last that long anyway. If you're a braver person than I, you can drop the MLAS for more ammo, same with heat sinks.

Any time I get in my DDC I just end up being the first idiot to push and dying after making GBS threads out 3-400 damage. Usually works unless I'm pubbing and no one backs me up.

When do we get the new mechs?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Lemming posted:

I like the idea of the Cicada but generally it's really not very good. Jenner F is better than pretty much any Cicada for doing fast run around stuff, and something like a Menturion is going to be better in a straight up fighting role, and since you're locked into different weight classes and it's not balanced by tonnage, well. At least, that's been my experience with them.

Edit: For context, I'm pretty sure the Cicada is the only robot that I bothered to Elite or whatever the thing is when you fill out 3 robots of the same type.

3m with ecm and 2 ppcs is fun as poo poo until you get bored sniping.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

WarLocke posted:

Look I have an irrational fear of Embers now, MGs on unarmored sections is ridiculous.

Want to be a real dick? 3 mediums, 4 mg, 1 flamer. If I recall, carrying multiple flamers doesn't even increase heat so you only need 1 to be a dick.

So which 3 DireWhales do I want to buy for cbills tonight?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

EoRaptor posted:

There are only 3 Direwolfs anyway, and you need all three to get the basics, so I'm guessing he meant what three builds are recommended.

Ya for some reason I thought there were 4. I looked the B has a dick laser while the other 2 have no center torso equipment, so that'll be the one to keep. Someone explain how clan lbx works. Or are they still just a shotgun like IS lbx.

The big question is, will I be able to grind out enough cbills before the Twolf comes out with these whales.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

EoRaptor posted:

Shotgun, performs just like an IS one.

E: Every Direwolf build I throw together comes up crit locked. This mech is so gimped by that engine it's not funny.

E2: Blergh

E3: Firestopper

E4: Paper Jam Dire

That's what I kept running into. Needs endo...

How many uac2s can I fire at once without ghost heat?

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 23, 2014

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
This seems ill advised, but it should be entertaining.
Ill Advised

Less retarded build
slightly less craptacular

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

EoRaptor posted:

So hiding behind a rock* and spamming LRMs while complaining about ECM is still the meta game? :pcgaming:

*or something

When did it stop being the meta?

• Locked thread