Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
People have definitely pledge by now. I am guessing whatever they are using to drive that progress bar is not working. I bet it jumps up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
I'm banned from the subreddit and I don't even have any reddit ties to WoL. The one post I did make was replied to by Niko agreeing with me and saying thank you. So I dunno.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
I see what is going on now. I just logged out and looked at it. Every post has been removed - every single one. THey have all been replaced by posts from Niko that are just 2 hours old. Every single post is from him and each one is basically a PR move.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

veedubfreak posted:

Finally caught up on the thread. Geeze you guys have been busy. Anyway. D3 started season 1 yesterday and it's pretty cool starting from scratch and having fun with a completed game.

This post is incredibly out of place and is just kind of strange

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Selim Sivad posted:

So can we like reboot #saveMWO? I don't think that good will towards goons has ever been higher and this time we might actually be able to affect some change in this clusterfuck of a game, instead of being blown off by an autist of a lead developer and the brown sea of shitbag white knights.

I know it's lame as gently caress to still be hanging onto this shitpile, but I loving love Mechwarrior and really want this game to turn into not a steaming pile of dogshit.

Sure, get it going.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

OhsH posted:

When did goon groups lose the right to kick/ban people they don't like?

Tumblr changed the game, man.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
Resistance pack + mech specs posted:
http://mwomercs.com/resistance

edit: It does not appear to show when you actually get your mechs if you were to purchase it?

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Dramicus posted:

You gotta click on the FAQ:

Wow what great site design

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Iron Tusk posted:

The problem is what realistic rewards could you give out?

I see that you are man who has never known honor and glory.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

TeeMerk posted:

MechWarrior.jpg

It's close enough to Halloween I guess.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
We had a gold mech on our team last night. I executed him and his rage was rather exquisite. He called me a moron because I team killed someone that pays for the game I enjoy playing. I may be a moron, but I don't have a gold mech, so I think I still win.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
Can someone explain to me why it's a bad thing for the developers to play their own game and notice things are not fun? For example, if a developer is playing MWO and notices , "Wow, LRMs really are loving unfun when you get mowed down in 3 seconds", why is it a bad thing to raise that question with the community and maybe make some changes?

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Finster Dexter posted:

^^^ totally agree!

Because playing a few games is not a statistically significant data set. It's like getting a hard drive, having it fail, and then declaring that all hard drives by that manufacturer are terrible and you're never going to buy one again.

You need a better sample size to make that kind of statement.

The first thing they should've done is look at hard data, instead of asking the retarded pubbies on twitter if they hate LRM's, too.

So do we have confirmation that this is a spur of the moment comment by Russ and that nobody in PGI has ever raised this concern before or done any number crunching? Or are we just assuming, "LOL PGI"?

I also just don't agree with you. Numbers might not even show there is a problem, doesn't change the fact that something might be unfun and is worth asking the question.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Paramemetic posted:

The problem isn't that they are playing the game, realizing something is unfun, and addressing it. That's a great thing for them to do (in closed beta, but we'll take what we get). The problem is that the specific message, ("we'll look at LRM and AMS") indicates they will be doing the same kind of "fixes" that they did in beta: arbitrary guesswork nerfs against one specific thing, that doesn't address underlying problems or demonstrate a clear understanding of the game or its meta.

In the past, when LRMs were a problem, PGI solved it by straight up cutting their damage. Then they were totally useless to bring, so they made them more accurate and increased their damage. Then they were coring people out too fast, so they decreased damage, decreased rate of fire, and decreased accuracy again. Then they buffed them back up. Most recently they added ghost heat to shooting multiples of large count LRMs because PGI.

PGI historically changes multiple variables on weapons until people straight up stop using them, then repeat until everyone is using them. The state of the game right now is that even goons are rolling 6xSRM5 stormcrows because it's hilariously simple to do hundreds of damage and get kills by pushing butan.

LRMs don't need adjustment, PGI just need to take a holistic approach to balancing rather than going "people are getting lrmed to death, better change LRMs or AMS arbitrarily and see what happens."

Thank you for the detailed answer. I have been out of the MWO loop for a long time and only recently started playing again, so I was not aware of all the changes to LRMs.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Hav posted:

We have no evidence to back up your PGI are secret geniuses theory and instead go with 'lol PGI' as a safe assumption to work from.

Yeah, I never said that

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
When are these quirks actually getting patched in? I want to try my Victors again with no negative quirks, and see if missile quickdraw is decent.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
So how will CW contracts work in regards to our faction? I have clan mechs I want to play really bad, but I also want to play with goons. Does that mean since goons are Liao I'd have to drop the faction, join someone elses crew, play with them, and then get invited back in one day? It will suck not playing with the crew.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
My favorite part of try-harding is the armchair spergs that do the math to show which builds are optimal and then harass the loving poo poo out of people not using the "optimal build". gently caress play style and what you are good at. Use the build my autism put together!

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Random Number posted:

When you're not effective in your special snowflake bullshit don't cry when you get owned.

I'm p good at this game

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Random Number posted:

I have empirical evidence to the contrary.

I guess I'm just not up to your elite standards, I hate that

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
I'm strictly into hand jobs with people I am not in a relationship with

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

various cheeses posted:

I bet this guy is a master at playing heavies and assaults from all the practice torso twisting:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/ORuVx1K.png
[/timg]

Please tell me that isn't real?

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Thor-Stryker posted:

Missing you Wublas, the days when Atlas brawls were fun to audibly simulate.

Get a thunderbolt and re-live the wub days

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
I started shooting a gold mech last night and then i realized it was just a really really close-to-gold yellow. Sorry pubbie. (not sorry)

I got too excited about killing another gold mech

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Pattonesque posted:

Hey sooooo ... if we're gonna tryhard, is there going to be a list of required chassis? As in, "you must own at least one of these robots from each weight class if you're gonna drop in CW"?

No, because gently caress that.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
I don't have a lot of cbills and I need to get some heavy mechs in my stable for IS. If you were going to get some heavy mechs, what would you pick and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
I am really leaning towards dragons. That ballistic dragon looks sick, and the laser perks on the other dragons, well, I don't hate them.

• Locked thread