Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Which sheet did you prefer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'm fine with either sheet, honestly. I think you might get a bit more use out of the Driver/Slicer alternate version rather than the super pilot built, but I'll take either, you're choice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I feel the same way, and will work on tweaking the back story accordingly.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
When he was deployed on all those missions and sitting around waiting for the soldiers to come back, he'd login to his super secretive HoloNet BBS and learn all about how "The System" is being used to control everyone, and there's a secret shadow government.

HACK THE REPUBLIC!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Okay guys, I'll get the game thread up sometime tonight.

If its not clear, everybody is in (there's not an unmanageable number of you, so thats good.)

If anybody else wants in, please feel free to submit a character. Even after the game has started. I can fold you in no problem. There is no cut off date for this.

Also, everybody think up a nickname you'd like for the squad. Otherwise you'll be the "Roughnecks" or something.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 30, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Squad Ramrod

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Misfit Squad

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Are we all the remnants of larger units? We could be the "Leftovers" or "Immortals".

Or there are old chestnuts like "Devil", "Hurricane" and various color-oriented names.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes you are a newly formed squad of leftovers assigned to a new ship.

I haven't decided on a color yet, still mulling that over.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Blue!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

Yes you are a newly formed squad of leftovers assigned to a new ship.

I haven't decided on a color yet, still mulling that over.

This is why the guy in my pic is wearing blue armor.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Blue is lucky, red ones go faster.

I vote blue.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
I'm all for blue. Like water.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Game thread is up! If you want to put character images in your posts thats fine, but I'm not going to be a stickler for locations or anything like that. Please post like the following:

quote:

Tex

"I love the smell of blaster fire in the mornings"

shoot mans dead: 15eP+1eC 16 successes, 8 advantage

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 31, 2014

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
YOU GUYS MADE ME LEARN PHOTOSHOP

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004 posted:

-----Begin Republic Service Record-----
[DATE REDACTED] - Designated ARC-1984.
[DATE REDACTED] - Battle of Brentaal IV - ARC-1984, during the Battle of Brentaal IV, upon realizing that the Confederate Fortress was in fact a Prison, suggested to Master Shaak Ti that the prisoners might be able to supplement Republic forces. This quick thinking blossomed the number of capable fighters under Republic control.

Oh sorry I've already distinguished myself in this battle should I wait? :)

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Nah, you just futureposted or something. We're starting from here:

Elendil004 posted:

[DATE REDACTED] - Designated ARC-1984.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So the troops on the Gunslinger are half of an Assault Regiment, so take those numbers and cut them in half.

One assault and one heavy armor battalion for a total of 1272 troops, 500 support personnel, 60 repulsorlift vehicles and 26 heavy tanks.

There's also 150 starship pilots and starships, because this is a ship.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 1, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What are limitations on gear we can draw?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

You'll find out once you get to the Quartermaster won't you?

(Also if its not on the list and you ask for it he'll 'look in the back room')

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Mustache Ride posted:

You'll find out once you get to the Quartermaster won't you?

(Also if its not on the list and you ask for it he'll 'look in the back room')

Fair enough, just trying to streamline that but I'll ask when I get there :)

edit: as a heads up, I'm hoping for a Model 38 Sharpshooters Rifle, ideally with some explosive rounds.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 1, 2014

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Alpha-28 "Watcher"

Designation Alpha-28 was one of the original 100 ARC Commandos trained directly by Jango Fett for the impending Clone Wars. During his training Alpha-28 was designated for advance recon of an area for his team due to his solitary preferences and almost unnaturally good stealth ability.

During the battle of Geonosis, he earned the nickname Watcher. As the battle raged on around him, 28 set up a forward observation post behind enemy lines, calling down accurate orbital and ground artillery fire on incoming enemy reinforcements and rear positions. He was also personally accountable for the destruction of 78 Super Battle Droids, as well as half a company of B-1 droids as well as at least 2 AATs.

Notable is that no squad that Watcher has been in has taken a single fatality. This is no doubt in large part to his situational awareness and steady nature, ensuring that each action is well planned out and executed as well as the all Alpha nature of previous assignments. Time will tell if this continues to be the case as more non-Alpha clones fill the ARC ranks.

Preferred loadout:
DC-17m Blaster
Two DC-17 Hand Blasters
Combat Knife
Magnoculars
Laser Designation Kit
Two Recon Remotes

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

On call 24 hours, will post my quartermaster stuff. How big a bang would we need for the power stations and shield gen? He's make 3 backpacks of the boom, one for each target.

Also Arbitrary your character sounds way too badass for our band of misfits. Maybe you were confused by your deployment orders, clearly your outfit is in another castle Star Destroyer.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Fuzz posted:

On call 24 hours, will post my quartermaster stuff. How big a bang would we need for the power stations and shield gen? He's make 3 backpacks of the boom, one for each target.

Also Arbitrary your character sounds way too badass for our band of misfits. Maybe you were confused by your deployment orders, clearly your outfit is in another castle Star Destroyer.

Pshh, Watcher is an Alpha. If he wants to stick himself into a bunch of new ARCs for shits and giggles nobody's really gonna tell him no.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ArbitraryTA posted:

Pshh, Watcher is an Alpha. If he wants to stick himself into a bunch of new ARCs for shits and giggles nobody's really gonna tell him no.

I don't like the precedent, personally. Mustache specifically said there are no real ranks and we're all on equal footing. Your guy... isn't. But it's Mustache's call.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Fuzz posted:

I don't like the precedent, personally. Mustache specifically said there are no real ranks and we're all on equal footing. Your guy... isn't. But it's Mustache's call.

Alphas are the same as regular ARCs. They're just part of the first 100 that were cryo-preserved until the battle of Geonosis. I cleared it with him specifically before setting up the fluff and it's more to explain why he has 5 AGI than anything.

Edit: They also have their free will, but unlike the Null clones are loyal to the Republic. Watcher specifically doesn't like the idea of being in a command role since he's not exactly a social person, and the commander is happy enough to let him just be a veteran scout.

ArbitraryTA fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 3, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Don't be worried about it Fuzz, I'm not worried about it. Arbitrary ins't going to take command or start barking orders (if he does he'll be dropped into the volcano :heysexy:)

Just keep postin. Also sorry about your 24 hours bullshit. Stupid doctors hours.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

What sort of attachments would be allowable on a bow? I'd like to assume that it's unique enough that it probably would have come with said attachments, but most attachments wouldn't make sense on it, so I will defer to you, Mustache.

EDIT: Nevermind, the character creator has the appropriate mods programmed in! Would it be allowable for him to have a custom sling for the bow with an Quick Draw mod on it? The thing only has one attachment slot, and that's only a simple 200 credit mod.

EDIT2: Ha, my guy already has Quick Draw as a Talent, so having the mod for it is pointless. But I'll take the sling!

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 3, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Beer, with your agility at 3, if you would like to make a piloting check at agility 4 off my agility I can assist. Let me know and I'll fluff it in, helping with controls or something.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If we get to a point where it's necessary, sure.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

What sort of attachments would be allowable on a bow? I'd like to assume that it's unique enough that it probably would have come with said attachments, but most attachments wouldn't make sense on it, so I will defer to you, Mustache.

EDIT: Nevermind, the character creator has the appropriate mods programmed in! Would it be allowable for him to have a custom sling for the bow with an Quick Draw mod on it? The thing only has one attachment slot, and that's only a simple 200 credit mod.

EDIT2: Ha, my guy already has Quick Draw as a Talent, so having the mod for it is pointless. But I'll take the sling!

You can have the sling. That was allowable anyways.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Haha none of us are any good with computers, we are terrible clones. Well maybe Fuzz, his link OP doesn't work so I can't check.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Hopefully Haven can do some pilot rolls for us so we don't get shot down.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If we get to a point where it's necessary, sure.

Yeah that point is now, though you're better off using Arbitrary's 5agi.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

MustacheRide, can I make a perception roll (when we actually get down) to do a visual scan of the base and set up a range card of sorts, just something to get into the sniper mindset, and maybe help with tricky shots later.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Feel free to assist if possible then.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Well, we can all try and comically assist then to give the guy more boost dice, but I think we can find a better way. Imagine everyone giving the pilot pointers on how to land.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You can just add his dice. We're all waiting for you to make the roll on orokos.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah just make the roll using 5agi (from Arbitrary) and your 2 ranks in Piloting, so you're rolling 2 yellow 3 green. You can fluff it however you like, as can Arb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If you need help come into IRC.

• Locked thread