Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'll roll for him here in a bit. Meant to do that last night but it was IRL star wars game night followed by 'consume as much alcohol as possible in an hour' night so I was busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004 posted:

MustacheRide, can I make a perception roll (when we actually get down) to do a visual scan of the base and set up a range card of sorts, just something to get into the sniper mindset, and maybe help with tricky shots later.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Oh yeah, go ahead.

Sorry, forgot about that. Really you don't need to ask, I'm adaptable to anything you guys want to throw at me, so just go ahead and do it. No need to ask for permission.

Unless its like trying to blow up the planet or something....

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
But what if we come up with a way to slag the planet?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Then ask for my permission before doing it.

I'll probably say yes

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Since our guns are all blaster based, we have no options for silenced shots or anything right?

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
We have explosives right? And someone with computers too, right? So, how about we get that droid to become a jihad droid and open us a pathway or explode on that shield generator?

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
We might want to be able to leave the planet at some point-- we're not supposed to fight the entire planet ourselves after all. I'd avoid blowing up our shuttle at least until we can find an alternative transport.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
Obviously we can hijack another shuttle. There's a civilian town in there with most likely an freighter that has it's keys in the ignition.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Er, I thought the Power Station team was Twangs, Ghest, Scar, and Firebeacon? Who's our fourth if FB isn't coming to investigate the volcano?

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Hopefully we can avoid killing our droid, at least. We have some perfectly good rocket launchers.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Just an FYI, I am completely ignoring Advantages. You're on your own to figure out what you want to do with them, and tracking them. I'll handle disadvantages as they come up.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Will you at least let us know if what we choose for the adv isn't going to happen?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If I wanted to rush to the stairs and see if I could find some of access port to begin slicing comms, what kind of action would that be?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Elendil004 posted:

Will you at least let us know if what we choose for the adv isn't going to happen?

Yes, but don't expect much of that to occur.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If I wanted to rush to the stairs and see if I could find some of access port to begin slicing comms, what kind of action would that be?

Average perception to locate a comms port, and Difficult Computers to slice it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I like how our band of three is taking on a force twice our size and somehow doing it both more effectively and with less chance of reinforcements getting called than the rest of you.

Just saying.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Keyser I love your gimmick of not hitting poo poo

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Are y'all waiting on me for something?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm at work (as usual) and on my phone, so someone will have to do my orokos roll for me.

Edit: By my read on the diagram, Twangs is the lone wolf in the north. He took out the two middle guys along that wall. Ghest and Scar took out the bottom one along the wall, and Scar has now rushed to the other droid in the bottom middle.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 13, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So just to be clear, at this point the only droids left are the top divider wall one (who I am shooting at) and the car back one (which Scar just sliced in half)

In round 1:
Twangs took out the two middle droids against the divider wall with the explosive bolt.
Ghest took out the front droid up on that platform, basically in the middle of the pic.
Scar cut the droid on the south wall in half, then rushed forward and sliced up the other one on the bottom of the map.

Round 2:
Scar runs up the stair and takes down the far back droid.
Twangs runs out to the small bit of cover and shoots the last droid standing, at the north wall.

That's not how is been phrased because our initial positions were off, but this works just as well and makes Scar look more badass.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Works for me. The map is more there to give you an idea of force rather than an exact positioning of things.

Especially since I don't plan to update it all the drat time.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I was taking the shot with the standard assault rifle DC-17, whatever letter that is. He doesn't have a pistol. Should be Ranged Heavy, not Light.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

I was taking the shot with the standard assault rifle DC-17, whatever letter that is. He doesn't have a pistol. Should be Ranged Heavy, not Light.

I didn't see one on your sheet :colbert:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I was waiting for the other guys in the squad to do their actions.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What the hell are those droids wielding Christ!

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

:unsmigghh:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Also if they're minions, acting alone, how do they have proficiency ranks which minions only gain as a group?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Ah, you're right, but I just Rerolled and got better results:
http://orokos.com/roll/214198
http://orokos.com/roll/214199

Which would you like me to keep :allears:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Mustache Ride posted:

Ah, you're right, but I just Rerolled and got better results:
http://orokos.com/roll/214198
http://orokos.com/roll/214199

Which would you like me to keep :allears:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

YOU SEE, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARGUE WITH THE GM.

Also Elendil, it was 12 damage before Soak. You have 5 soak so you only took 7 damage and therefore have 6 wounds left.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 14, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

YOU SEE, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARGUE WITH THE GM.

Also Elendil, it was 12 damage before Soak. You have 5 soak so you only took 7 damage and therefore have 6 wounds left.

Their sniper rifles have Pierce 2, so it bypasses 2 Soak.

Blaster sniper rifle with scope Ranged (Heavy); Dam­age 10; Critical 3; Range (Extreme); Accurate 1, Cum­bersome 3, Pierce 2, Slow-Firing 1

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

Their sniper rifles have Pierce 2, so it bypasses 2 Soak.

Blaster sniper rifle with scope Ranged (Heavy); Dam­age 10; Critical 3; Range (Extreme); Accurate 1, Cum­bersome 3, Pierce 2, Slow-Firing 1

FINE, then it was 9 damage. He still has 4 wounds. :colbert:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Fuzz posted:

FINE, then it was 9 damage. He still has 4 wounds. :colbert:

Yeah I was doing that math real fast in the morning so thank you for catching that.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Oh god! I finally have actual Internet! Sorry guys Thanks to circumstances i have utterly failed you all for a week. I'm happy to drop out if it's easyJet but i am willing to carry on and not be lame again

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

NO. No dropping out. Just jump back in. This game was designed to have people drop and and jump in as needed (hence the ton of clones in the game).

:justpost:

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Do we need to roll to wire up the explosives? And if so, what?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Explosives use Mechanics to rig and set up. The Difficulty of the check is Easy (1D) + 1 Difficulty per additional charge. So if you were setting up all 4, it'll be a 4D check. Each Success means the damage dealt is increased, and failure means bad things will happen when it tries to go off (like maybe it won't go off).

This is all in the Dangerous Covenants Book on Page 55, by the way. You can see the specifics about charge strength for the Proton Grenades on page 56.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

Explosives use Mechanics to rig and set up. The Difficulty of the check is Easy (1D) + 1 Difficulty per additional charge. So if you were setting up all 4, it'll be a 4D check. Each Success means the damage dealt is increased, and failure means bad things will happen when it tries to go off (like maybe it won't go off).

This is all in the Dangerous Covenants Book on Page 55, by the way. You can see the specifics about charge strength for the Proton Grenades on page 56.

My team has the proton bombs. The base team has detonite. Minor point.

That's why I gave 1 charge each to Ghest and Scar, and am setting the last 2 with Twangs... he can actually make a 2D mechanics roll pretty easily, they can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, so the shield team has the detonite? Who besides me has mechanics?

• Locked thread