Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Trapped, the Jedi Knights and Masters seem to be outnumbered and out-gunned by the sly deceit of Count Duuku on the bug planet of Genosis. But suddenly, an army appears. Led by Jedi Master Yoda, an army of fully equipped Clone Troopers from the Cloners of Kamino appear and turn the tide of the war against the Droid Army of the separatists.

You are a Clone Trooper. One of the earliest clones, and put through the most rigours of training, and assigned to the elite ARC troopers, the Clone Army Special Forces. Your job is simple, support the Jedi in anything they ask, whether it be suicidal or stupid, you will fight. And Win.

Welcome to my Star Wars: Age of Rebellion: Clone Wars game. I am looking for a squad of 6 to help fight the battles between Episode 2: The Clone Wars, and Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. As you may have gathered from the images above, I am drawing this game heavily from the ARC troopers represented in Tartakovsky's version of Star Wars: Clone Wars, which I suggest you all watch if you have not already. This hand-drawn representation of the Star Wars battles of the clones is fantastic, and a must-see for any Star Wars fan.

You will play an ARC trooper, one of the Clone War's Commando squads, and we will have you participate in many of the famous battles from the movies and the TV shows throughout this game. This will be a heavily combat oriented game with medium levels of plot, and I intend to use an advanced squad level, which means you will star with more than the basic level 1 characters. See the character creation rules for more on this point.

Now, As you can expect, I require that thematically your character be a human. However, I will allow you to use other races stats and abilities as long as you can provide a good backstory in regards to gene splicing or other magic to allow the fabled human/wookiee crossover that you want. See the rules below.

Character Creation
1. Choose any race from EotE or AoR or any of the companion books. Please do not use any of the fan made content books as far as races.

2. If you did not choose human as your race, please use some sort of scientific trickery (gene splicing or whatever) to show that your clone is an above average member of the special forces unit. For example, maybe your Kamino doctor spliced your genes with a Wookiee to allow you to carry a big repeating blaster rifle, and you are of above average size and awfully hairy.

3. I intend to ignore all ranks in this game. Therefore choose any class from the AoR book. Certain classes from EotE will also be accepted if you can make it work in this highly militarized version of Star Wars. Remember you will all have equal rank in this game. This is not to mean you won't have a squad leader, but rather that all will have input in The Plan, rather than just one dude. The Squad Leader will be more like the Face of the group.

4. After you have made your Level 1 Character (with appropriate XP spent only on characteristics), Spend an additional 120 XP on Talents/Skills as Incremental Advancement in the game. This will be a high level game that shows the later stages of the Specialization Trees.

5. Other than the additional XP, all character generation is standard for AoR characters. There's no charge for initial gear, however don't go crazy and all get disrupter rifles or anything. It will be assigned to you. Instead post what type of weapon category you'd like, such as blaster pistol or rifle, etc. Feel free to take any Duty you feel necessary, I'm not planning on implementing that feature too much, but if you want to have something thats fine.

6. Please create two things for your character. A name/nickname and a short background saying something like "Adopted into the ARC troopers early, one of the first batch of clones. Spent a lot of time training/whatever. It can be all ARC trooperish, or whatever you want. If you'd like to add a picture, thats fine aa well.

I suggest using OggDude's Character Builder that will allow you to choose and create XPS or PDF files of your character. Then place them on Google Drive and link them in your character submissions. Please remember, this is going to be a combat heavy game, so don't expect me to be nice with the encounters. I will explain more about how I intend to run this game once picks are made and the game is started. Feel free to ask any questions.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

Holy poo poo I am in!

Can we use my setup for a Jango Clone?

You can use your setup for Jango Clones of you want, but I'm not restricting people to the human race. Just the clone appearance. So if someone put down Duros because they like the stat lineup, they can use a Duros, and even get the special abilities that comes with the Duros, but he'll still look like a small Jango Clone (and maybe he likes the color blue and really knows how to fly).

That make sense?

RPZip posted:

I'm interested in this, but I don't know much about AoR/EotE. Do you know how long you plan to keep recruitment open? I should be able to mostly figure it out, but it might take me a bit to get up to speed.

I'm not planning on ending it anytime soon. I world say a week, but I won't hold anyone to that time. I've also got some :siren: IDEAS :siren: to keep the game moving in a pbp format that I'll discuss once there's enough interest.

Like they said, jump in the IRC channel #sweote on synirc and we'll get questions answered. I am in there, but am not very active, so if I don't respond please post your question here in the thread or get one of the other guys to help you.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Elendil004 posted:

I am either looking at a sniper or a super-heavy (rocket launcher and poo poo).

Or more like?

mongol posted:

Definitely interested. I won't have access to my books until I get back home on Sunday. I'll get to work on a character then.

That's fine, I'm not ending recruitment anytime soon, it'll be at least until the middle of next week, if not longer.

I'm also thinking about letting people drop in at any time, new additions to the squad like.

mongol posted:

Edit - my initial thoughts are for a sneaky, recon-type guy.

Sneaky guy huh?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup, this looks awesome. I feel compelled to make a wheelman.

Wheelman huh?

And you'll probably be driving this:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

By the way, I'm posting these pictures to give you guys ideas. Don't feel like you have to make your character to match them, I'll be happy to take whomever you want to submit.

Anybody who's been in one of my games knows I like to use a lot of images, so I went and collected the majority of shots from Clone Wars animated show with ARC troopers in them, and I'm just pulling these images from that album on imgur that you're free to examine as well.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

There's no charge for initial gear, however don't go crazy and all get disrupter rifles or anything. It will be assigned to you. Instead post what type of weapon category you'd like, such as blaster pistol or rifle, etc.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I hate you.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I think I'll force him to play all 4 characters at the same time instead. That seems more fitting.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Now that's a character, unlike the Three Stooges in the post above yours.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Whycalibur posted:

There are few things I love more than clone troopers. Could someone direct me towards this game discussion thread or IRC channel? I can't seem to find it, but I'll try to put together a sniper of some sort.

The game thread is here, and you can join us in IRC at #sweote on irc.synirc.net

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Okay, we've got 4 good submissions. I'll keep the thread open until Wednesday or Thursday of next week, please feel free to continue subbing characters, I'll take all I can get.

If you need help coming up with a character design, background story, or even a nickname, jump into IRC and we'll help.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Cool, everything looks good guys. Submissions have quieted down, but I like what everyone has submitted so far.

If anybody else wants to join, get your guys in before Wednesday night, I'll put the game thread up then.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'm fine with either sheet, honestly. I think you might get a bit more use out of the Driver/Slicer alternate version rather than the super pilot built, but I'll take either, you're choice.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Okay guys, I'll get the game thread up sometime tonight.

If its not clear, everybody is in (there's not an unmanageable number of you, so thats good.)

If anybody else wants in, please feel free to submit a character. Even after the game has started. I can fold you in no problem. There is no cut off date for this.

Also, everybody think up a nickname you'd like for the squad. Otherwise you'll be the "Roughnecks" or something.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 30, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes you are a newly formed squad of leftovers assigned to a new ship.

I haven't decided on a color yet, still mulling that over.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Game thread is up! If you want to put character images in your posts thats fine, but I'm not going to be a stickler for locations or anything like that. Please post like the following:

quote:

Tex

"I love the smell of blaster fire in the mornings"

shoot mans dead: 15eP+1eC 16 successes, 8 advantage

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 31, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Nah, you just futureposted or something. We're starting from here:

Elendil004 posted:

[DATE REDACTED] - Designated ARC-1984.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So the troops on the Gunslinger are half of an Assault Regiment, so take those numbers and cut them in half.

One assault and one heavy armor battalion for a total of 1272 troops, 500 support personnel, 60 repulsorlift vehicles and 26 heavy tanks.

There's also 150 starship pilots and starships, because this is a ship.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 1, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

You'll find out once you get to the Quartermaster won't you?

(Also if its not on the list and you ask for it he'll 'look in the back room')

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Don't be worried about it Fuzz, I'm not worried about it. Arbitrary ins't going to take command or start barking orders (if he does he'll be dropped into the volcano :heysexy:)

Just keep postin. Also sorry about your 24 hours bullshit. Stupid doctors hours.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

What sort of attachments would be allowable on a bow? I'd like to assume that it's unique enough that it probably would have come with said attachments, but most attachments wouldn't make sense on it, so I will defer to you, Mustache.

EDIT: Nevermind, the character creator has the appropriate mods programmed in! Would it be allowable for him to have a custom sling for the bow with an Quick Draw mod on it? The thing only has one attachment slot, and that's only a simple 200 credit mod.

EDIT2: Ha, my guy already has Quick Draw as a Talent, so having the mod for it is pointless. But I'll take the sling!

You can have the sling. That was allowable anyways.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'll roll for him here in a bit. Meant to do that last night but it was IRL star wars game night followed by 'consume as much alcohol as possible in an hour' night so I was busy.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Oh yeah, go ahead.

Sorry, forgot about that. Really you don't need to ask, I'm adaptable to anything you guys want to throw at me, so just go ahead and do it. No need to ask for permission.

Unless its like trying to blow up the planet or something....

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Then ask for my permission before doing it.

I'll probably say yes

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Just an FYI, I am completely ignoring Advantages. You're on your own to figure out what you want to do with them, and tracking them. I'll handle disadvantages as they come up.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Elendil004 posted:

Will you at least let us know if what we choose for the adv isn't going to happen?

Yes, but don't expect much of that to occur.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If I wanted to rush to the stairs and see if I could find some of access port to begin slicing comms, what kind of action would that be?

Average perception to locate a comms port, and Difficult Computers to slice it.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Are y'all waiting on me for something?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Works for me. The map is more there to give you an idea of force rather than an exact positioning of things.

Especially since I don't plan to update it all the drat time.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

I was taking the shot with the standard assault rifle DC-17, whatever letter that is. He doesn't have a pistol. Should be Ranged Heavy, not Light.

I didn't see one on your sheet :colbert:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

:unsmigghh:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Ah, you're right, but I just Rerolled and got better results:
http://orokos.com/roll/214198
http://orokos.com/roll/214199

Which would you like me to keep :allears:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

YOU SEE, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARGUE WITH THE GM.

Also Elendil, it was 12 damage before Soak. You have 5 soak so you only took 7 damage and therefore have 6 wounds left.

Their sniper rifles have Pierce 2, so it bypasses 2 Soak.

Blaster sniper rifle with scope Ranged (Heavy); Dam­age 10; Critical 3; Range (Extreme); Accurate 1, Cum­bersome 3, Pierce 2, Slow-Firing 1

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

NO. No dropping out. Just jump back in. This game was designed to have people drop and and jump in as needed (hence the ton of clones in the game).

:justpost:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Explosives use Mechanics to rig and set up. The Difficulty of the check is Easy (1D) + 1 Difficulty per additional charge. So if you were setting up all 4, it'll be a 4D check. Each Success means the damage dealt is increased, and failure means bad things will happen when it tries to go off (like maybe it won't go off).

This is all in the Dangerous Covenants Book on Page 55, by the way. You can see the specifics about charge strength for the Proton Grenades on page 56.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

They are not sentient, at least not in the same way Battle Droids are. They follow orders to the letter.

Their order right now are to move to the shuttle and pick up cargo, once they see that there is no cargo to collect, they'll probably report that and then you'll be in trouble.

And yes, the ship is waiting for your go ahead. I'm just attempting to remind you of why you're here.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I don't remember how much you brought with you, so lets just say...

All of it.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I guess I should post this rant in here too, although you guys kind of get most of this already.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'll give it another day before advancing on.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes he she is, and you can feel free to jump in. Ladyclones always accepted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

There's always more room for every spec. I'm okay with doubling up, I mean we have 2 :page2sniper:s already.

• Locked thread