Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
UFC on Fox 12: Lawler vs. Brown

When: July 26th, 2014
Fight Pass (4 fights) - 4:15pm ET/1:15pm PT
Fox (8 fights) - 6pm ET/3pm PT

Where: SAP Center in San Jose, California
Goonweight Grand Prix Stuff: Make your picks || Spreadsheet || Thread
Special Thanks: fatherdog (for fixing my thread fuckups) and masato tatanka (for the screencap)
Chat: #MMA on synIRC

:siren: THIS WEEK'S PET PICKS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: niethan, Captain Log, and Panama Red :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJuOBz4yMs

There you have it. A definitive pick if you're able to decipher it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VycNEs936jA

Deliberate and insightful analysis, Wandy. I think we can all agree where our money is going on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpW3iN3FcJ4

Mr. Peabody comes up Brown. A fight pick or an indication he has to poop? We'll find out Saturday night!

VOTE

Who's going to win?

170 lbs. bout between Brown and Lawler
205 lbs. bout between Johnson and Nogueira
145 lbs. bout between Guida and Bermudez
155 lbs. bout between Thomas and Green

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Best GDT ever.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I'm rooting for Matt Brown, Little Nog, and and Bobby Green but they are all underdogs.

Good thing this is MMA.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Will you be my friend?
[ ] yes
[ ] no
[ ] wandy

Edit: That picture of Guida reigns forever

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
lmao

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This is a great GDT, thank you for carrying on the tradition.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I'm rooting for Matt Brown, Little Nog, and and Bobby Green but they are all underdogs.

Good thing this is MMA.

I agree 100% with this post.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I am insanely down with these new fight picking mechanics.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I don't know how you keep raising the bar but who cares, it's awesome.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
The only guy on saturday I don't have any rooting interest in is Clay Guida. Not so much because of his Hatsu Hioki and Kawijri and GRAY MAYNARD and handful of other recent bad fights, nope, but because Dennis Bermudez always puts on a show and Guida has already had many chances. It's time for Dennis to be the fun wrestler that Guida stopped being long ago. Also I wasn't aware that Bermudez is also currently on a 6 fight win streak so a win over Guida would put him in a big fight. Maybe the winner fights Edgar next.

But yeah any combination of Lawler/Brown/Thomson/Green/Nog/Rumble winning I would be okay with since they all have things I like about them.

Other than that I hope Cruickshank brings it to Masvidal. That fight isn't getting enough attention.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i can't stand cruickshank's stupid loving voice but i like literally everything else about him and that fight will own.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Bubba Smith posted:

The only guy on saturday I don't have any rooting interest in is Clay Guida. Not so much because of his Hatsu Hioki and Kawijri and GRAY MAYNARD and handful of other recent bad fights, nope, but because Dennis Bermudez always puts on a show and Guida has already had many chances. It's time for Dennis to be the fun wrestler that Guida stopped being long ago. Also I wasn't aware that Bermudez is also currently on a 6 fight win streak so a win over Guida would put him in a big fight. Maybe the winner fights Edgar next.

But yeah any combination of Lawler/Brown/Thomson/Green/Nog/Rumble winning I would be okay with since they all have things I like about them.

Other than that I hope Cruickshank brings it to Masvidal. That fight isn't getting enough attention.

I also don't like Clay Guida and hope Bermudez wins. Everyone needs to watch Matt Grice vs Dennis Bermudez that was literally one of the coolest back and forth holy poo poo no one should be able to survive this poo poo fights. It is on par with decision dan vs shogun.

Another year
Oct 13, 2011

the mermaid
see
a movie?
OP owns

b-b-but July 19th was the last card

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Another year posted:

OP owns

b-b-but July 19th was the last card

one day I'll proofread before I post

edit: also forgot to write GDT in the title

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 25, 2014

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'll see if I can rustle something out of the parrot later. Hold on.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I didn't read it but the OP seemed pretty spirited on scroll thru. Good job!

I just read it, its loving amazing. This saturday is going to own. Animals are cool. I like it. Strikeforce never die bitches.

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 25, 2014

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Guess what time it is...

WARRRRRRRRRK!

And the winner is...

MATT THE IMMORTAL BROWN!

(Please add to OP, kind sir :) )

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Guess what time it is...

WARRRRRRRRRK!

And the winner is...

MATT THE IMMORTAL BROWN!

what the gently caress hahahahha

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Awesome Op. Also, some fight videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKLMPIeLrm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdxvhC4VkRc

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ty1990 posted:

what the gently caress hahahahha

I swear to God the bird doesn't hate me...much. (She gets Cheese Nips from me on occasion. We cool.)

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
As this board's no.1 Jorge Masvidal superfan I'm very excited for him to beat up another bad fighter while making stupid faces.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The rabbits knocked over Lawler, which either means he wins or he's getting sparked out.
The bird picked Brown without question.

A draw after 5 rounds of brutal brawling confirmed.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Aurain posted:

The rabbits knocked over Lawler, which either means he wins or he's getting sparked out.

Can a lizard or hedgehog please weigh in on these events? I'd text Chael but I think he is too busy winning at life. (I'll irritate him tomorrow)

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Thanks, guys. There is pretty much literally no other reason for me to do this other than to collect positive reinforcement from semi-strangers on the Internet.

Captain Log posted:

MATT THE IMMORTAL BROWN!

My favorite part of this video is that you still have Diego Brandao and Conor McGregor decorating your wall. I'll add it to the OP shortly.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Thanks, guys. There is pretty much literally no other reason for me to do this other than to collect positive reinforcement from semi-strangers on the Internet.

My favorite part of this video is that you still have Diego Brandao and Conor McGregor decorating your wall. I'll add it to the OP shortly.

It's a busy apartment.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Aurain posted:

But maybe the rabbit follows Guess Who? rules and by knocking down Lawler it is deeming Brown, the one standing, the victor.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OXK4FUUHAI

there's a common theme in all these knockouts and i think it rears its head on saturday

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OXK4FUUHAI

there's a common theme in all these knockouts and i think it rears its head on saturday

The ground is lava

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

It's really not right that this isn't the default background for PSP now.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Someone really ought to buy this as an avatar with the words "work me like farm animal" under it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It looks poo poo because it's hard to get the good parts and have it look good to fit avatar file size, so this is the best I can do for it in-case anyone wanted.
And I flipped it because having it face away from the post seems weird.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Clay "The Cuisinart" Guida will grind Bermudez into a fine Puerto Rican light roast

In all seriousness, between Bermudez's aggressive style and Guida's cardio I have this picked for FOTN

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Panama Red posted:

Clay "The Cuisinart" Guida will grind Bermudez into a fine Puerto Rican light roast

In all seriousness, between Bermudez's aggressive style and Guida's cardio I have this picked for FOTN

I hope bermudez lives up to the hype and pastes that hyperactive caveman nitwit.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
There is a serious dog deficiency in the PSP pet shop so I decided that my Golden Retriever should take a stab at a prediction. He is very telegenic:

On the one hand he's a Golden so he's basically love with an appetite. On the other hand he's named after a dog genius so maybe he's super smart.

Anyway here's the video. Sorry it's vertical and not horizontal, I don't have much experience with videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpW3iN3FcJ4

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The most adorable GDT.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Panama Red posted:

There is a serious dog deficiency in the PSP pet shop so I decided that my Golden Retriever should take a stab at a prediction. He is very telegenic:

On the one hand he's a Golden so he's basically love with an appetite. On the other hand he's named after a dog genius so maybe he's super smart.

Anyway here's the video. Sorry it's vertical and not horizontal, I don't have much experience with videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpW3iN3FcJ4

i dislike your excuses for brazilian excuses, but i do like everything about your cool dog

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The dog picked Brown to win so it is the best dog, this gives us a key to the rabbit pick too. All the animals picking Brown to win.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Brown weighed in at 172

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Matt Brown - 172.5 pounds ffffffffffffffffff

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
I don't think I've ever "ARRRRRRRGHED" watching someone miss weight.

Just did watching Matt Brown miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.
you gotta be kidding me does he have time to take the last pound and a half off?

• Locked thread