Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

Bowmore put up a recruitment post in the TG main recruitment thread, which was a good idea. I didn't realize we could do that, there used to be some weird rules about where you could post mafia stuff.

There's no rule about it in the Recruitment first post, FYI. It doesn't come off as weird or anything - it's just another play-by-post game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Do you guys have any good reading on Mafia game setups, how to select roles for a game, etc.?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I kinda want a Monster Hunter U tbqh

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Given the "new" GBS I can only imagine that whatever they were previously, they'd be awful now

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Magnus Gallant posted:

Gbs 1.0 was a lot more structured and conducive to mafia and effort posts etc. mafia in this new GBS would consist of:

IM GAY

hosed up if true imo *farts* *casual racism* *troons*

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Who still plays League btw because I do! :3:

I play on occasion; the best thing to do would be to add me on Steam (Epsilon Plus)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hey Taste are you a steam user? I have an idea for a game I would want you to co-mod/hash out with me (since you seemed willing, poor bastard). You should IM me or some poo poo.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I think I have the time tomorrow to set up/post an OP for a game. If not then, then the next day. Just a C9 unless I can think of something better.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

E is this the one we were gonna do because we never talked about that

Nah I'm pretty sure I can handle a small/simple game myself. I'm still thinking about something more complex.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I could go for Tumblr Mafia but I am unsure if I would have the time for it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

carpet shark and epsilon plus were contemplating avs i think

I've never had a strong desire for an av; I always contemplate animating the av I use for Steam and other services but I think I'd get bored of it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

Any games starting soon? It's been forever since I've played mafia and I'm feeling the urge

I was a lying shitheel earlier but I'm actually trying to set up David Bowie Mafia (an F11 game) right now. I'll let you know when the thread arrives.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hey MMM is it OK if I steal your Bread and Butter OP and modify it slightly?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Well it's polite to ask.

David Bowie Mafia is ready for me to totally gently caress up.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Make everybody a vig IMO.

We've done that.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Epsilon Plus posted:

Well it's polite to ask.

David Bowie Mafia is ready for me to totally gently caress up.

Not to interrupt but I need one more for this, please?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I have always wanted to play Fiasco. drat my lovely work schedule.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

It's also a very simple setup that only features some of the most common Mafia roles, which is good to learn with.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

This makes me glad I work in a busy call center where we don't have time to talk to each other because hoo boy I'd have to scream at some coworkers.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

David Bowie Mafia ended with a town victory. Hooray, David Bowies!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Doesn't the Scott Pilgrim movie miss the entire point of the comic?

So do a lot of fans. The number of self-obsessed dweeby nerd-boys who have a desperate desire to be Scott Pilgrim is amazing.

(The game was real, real good though.)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I remember my awkward first date. Did you know a tooth can rot in like, a sickle shape? Like someone just bored through it and left a cresent moon of enamel.

Meditate on this.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I have a rule now to not trust the pictures of anyone online who don't show their teeth.

(She was somehow in the Honors College despite having a grade-school level of maturity. And the teeth. Oh god. She told me one of her hobbies was "screaming and throwing things". There was one of those tutu-like skirts over Mom Jeans. I did not return her messages.)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I could presign for Payday Mafia. I hope I get Wolf for my flavor. Crazy bastard.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

I've been told by a statistically unusual numbers of strangers that I look like 'that guy from The Notebook.' I think what they mean is that I look like Ryan Gosling's fat cousin so honestly Tom Hanks sounds pretty grand.

You're lucky. I get told I look like Seth Rogan. I hate my life.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

bowmore posted:

My room mates used to be so loud I had to wear headphones

I had a friend whose roommate in college once asked if he could pass over the tissue box.

Nobody was sick. Physically, at least.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tremendous Taste and I are going to run a game soon that he calls "pleasingly out of the ordinary". I'm pretty sure it's been done before but I believe I have an interesting take on it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Best to be rich like a cheesecake imo.

High in fat?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

I mean it's one thing to be snobby about food, but it's another to be ok with eating at a place like CF or Applebee's. Have some self-respect. You're a human being, a biological marvel, and a temple to God.

I'd rather eat at a McDonald's than an Applebees. At least I'd have an appropriate expectation of quality. Every single time I've gotten a salad at an Applebees/Chili's/TGI Friday's it's been swimming in either water or outlandishly thin dressing.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

If I don't get enough people for my game I guess I can shelve it for later.

Speaking of: Mega Man Mafia (M3) is ready for sign-ups. I read the previous two Mega Man Mafia games and I think this one will be different enough to interest players.

edit: god drat it I swear I picked a tag for that.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I grew up with my grandpa as the Father Figure. This was okay, 'cause he was hard working and loved me a lot, and he always wanted a son anyways. The problem is that mom and I lived with him and my grandma for most of my life, and my aunt was around a lot and we're pretty buddy-buddy, so my grandpa frequently referred to my mom and aunt as "your sister". This eventually spread to my grandma, and then my mom/aunt through repetition. So at least once I had to explain to a friend that I was not the product of incest.

DAD SURROGATES

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ernie. posted:

I hate my dad.

This might be crazy but some part of me always likes to think 'yeah so what, everyone has a partially hosed up dad, mine is just moreso', and I hate all of you for actually having such great stories. It just irks me because I know I can't hold that belief and reconcile it with 'and of a random sampling of 20 random people I met on mafia threads, all 20 said they liked their dads'.

It's not so much that I want a do over and a new dad who gets things right, it's just that part of me feels like I have to carry a loving horrifying burden with me considering the damage he's caused in my life and others, and I always like to think that people can easily understand if I open that :can:, but no, not really, they can't, and I don't feel the least bit normal socially when people talk about how much family means to them, or the fond memories they have with family.

There's my DADS story, mafia thread.

I got both a lovely non-existent dad and a lovely stepdad, so I feel you. I take comfort in dads like Little Mac's though. Maybe someday I can be a decent dad, or maybe even a good one.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I have a pair of leather Chuck Taylor boots that I adore. Also a few canvas pairs floating around (I have those double-walled ones, which are pretty rad). Other than that it's hiking boots. Much like cpig, a shoe that doesn't hit at least mid-ankle feels like it's gonna slide off if I mode faster than a sedate walk.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Serious boots, comfy boots, rad shoes, also rad shoes. I have really loving wide feet, I have no idea how I haven't destroyed those two pairs of Chuck Taylors

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

apostateCourier posted:

Chuck Taylors are formal wear, and I won't hear a single word against this opinion.

When I was picking up a tux for a wedding, the Men's Wearhouse I was at had some shiny black leather Chuck Taylors on display as an alternative to glossy dress shoes. I kind of wanted them, badly.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

It is never too late to be the social justice rant person.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Backing up just a bit: although I am a boring white cishet I also have a bunch of hosed-up Brain Issues that make me not socialize with people well but ya'll are pretty cool. Also GBS is a loving shitshow and I unironically think GBS should be totally purged from SA.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

BYOB, YOSPOS and Imp Zone are generally pretty chill from what I've seen. FYAD is this weird place I try not to focus on too hard.

But seriously on the hierarchy of Internet forums I'd rather post on like, Stormfront or Teenspot or Kinky Greg's Forced Pooping Forum or whatever than GBS

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The only sport I follow with any regularity is women's roller derby, and WFTDA is more idiotic and easier to taunt than any derby fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I used to have a friend who looks like Taylor Swift. Do you want to date a homophobe who only votes Republican because her parents do?

• Locked thread