Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Ugh I read it but my brain is hosed at 4 am and am ungodly exhausted I swear to you I'll puke out my thoughts before work tomorrow!! <3<3

I want to apologize.. forums were down before work yesterday and I never got to vote NOR intercept, so I know I'll probably get some poo poo for that. Good news is that I'm off the next 4 days and can be active again.

To be honest, I was going to post that MEDS/Betrayer actually could be telling the truth since roles were crazy as gently caress and debating whether DHD would be a good second vote or not. Scratch all that. Looking back clearer now, Betrayer was so abrasive that he was basically begging for a vote and people to call him on his bluff. Ecco is looking really really good now and I sort of see him as the very top of the totem pole (in a good way).

With all that regurgitated..

##vote dorkanoid

##intercept cellphones

dorkanoid posted:

I have to lock in my vote for the night, so...

##intercept: meetings

##vote MCS

##intercept: cellphones

Pretty much for this post alone. Very little back and forth with Rarity - if it was, it was pretty cordial and can definitely see you guys being scum together. Defended me (which I always appreciate when I know I'm town) - but that could've been a good cop, bad cop situation with Rarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What do you mean for that post alone? I think he lives in Europe so he had to go to sleep and just wanted to put his votes in.

RIP in peace bubbles :cry:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fast Luck posted:

What do you mean for that post alone? I think he lives in Europe so he had to go to sleep and just wanted to put his votes in.

Oh poo poo. I didnt even realize that wasn't yesterday's vote (I felt like if it was yesterday, he just jumped in last second to vote his buddy to look good). I basically missed two days worth of content.

##unvote for now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ixt, if you're reading this... You're 100% confirmed town to me now.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The scum was tired of role blocking him and knew it was too dangerous to let a flavorcop survive in a game with randomized flavor.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fast Luck posted:

The scum was tired of role blocking him and knew it was too dangerous to let a flavorcop survive in a game with randomized flavor.

Certainly what it seems like. The wire transmission from a few days ago "Voice 1: "I'll do my thing with #5...Payphones?" seems like #5 = Ixt, and "doing his thing" would be roleblocking. Unless I'm reading too much into that and it just means killing the person they killed that night.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ixt, if you're reading this... You're 100% confirmed town to me now.

This made me bark with laughter at work. Thanks Hal. ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh, back to the standard cellphones now.

##Intercept: Cellphones

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Pretty much (it was posted 00:30 local time or so - I think I'll check deadline times before joining my next game...)

I was also stuck in the rural parts of Norway with rather lovely 3G for all of yesterday, so I missed that day (not sure if the 3G or the forum problem was the main contributor - couldn't open any threads in Awful.apk).

Fast Luck posted:

Finally we can all use the illegal flavours, like salmiakki

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Ecco is looking really really good now and I sort of see him as the very top of the totem pole (in a good way).

Weren't you one of two people earlier saying this is bad? There are scenarios that include Ecco being scum still.

Personally, I'm still down with Magnus.

##vote Magnus Gallant

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Weren't you one of two people earlier saying this is bad? There are scenarios that include Ecco being scum still.

##vote Magnus Gallant

I
Just
Want
Dhd
Dead
##vote dhd

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Magnus Gallant
Duckhunt Dog is no longer top priority?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fast Luck posted:

Duckhunt Dog is no longer top priority?

DHD has never been my priority, I still don't see it. Mind you, he doesn't seem super towny to me either, so I'm not going to defend him.

If you guys all think DHD is scum, by all means, go for it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Magnus Gallant

No I said I disliked the word "confirmed town" which insinuates 0 percent of being scum. I mentioned after that I don't mind people feeling really good about people, which is what I feel about Ecco. Of course there could be a scenario where he is still scum, just the voracity of which he went after two people that ended up flipping scum leads me to believe him as town unless scum are willingly throwing themselves at Ecco to make him look like a shining star.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

No I said I disliked the word "confirmed town" which insinuates 0 percent of being scum. I mentioned after that I don't mind people feeling really good about people, which is what I feel about Ecco. Of course there could be a scenario where he is still scum, just the voracity of which he went after two people that ended up flipping scum leads me to believe him as town unless scum are willingly throwing themselves at Ecco to make him look like a shining star.

I don't disagree. That is how I feel. I just thought you and Hal(?) were a bit more stand-offish on that stuff. Maybe I was reading extra into your words.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

King Burgundy posted:

I don't disagree. That is how I feel. I just thought you and Hal(?) were a bit more stand-offish on that stuff. Maybe I was reading extra into your words.

Yeah, I just didn't like the way Fast Luck reacted a few days ago in that particular circumstance and felt the word was being thrown around on like 6 different people at the time which is the best way to box yourself into a corner and refuse to look at half of the playerlist.

I personally am 50/50 on a lot of people right now. I had a lot more opinions on people that have been killed already and flipped town (or 3P, or scum in Rarity's case). I'm assuming there's 3 scum left since there has been 5 voices and most of our power roles (watcher, cop, tracker) are dead.

Magnus seems to be the "easy" vote today if people want to look at the end of yesterday and put the Betrayer thing to the side, but I can't blame the dude since I was going to post that Betrayer's claim could've been real if the forums weren't down.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmm, I think my actual words were "high confidence town," and then beneath I put down a list of "cop-confirmed," "mod-confirmed," "self-claim of x" etc. So I guess I did have the word "confirm" in it but I didn't mean to imply that the people on the list were literally CONFIRMED (except the mod confirm I guess), just that I had substantial confidence in them.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fast Luck posted:

Hmm, I think my actual words were "high confidence town," and then beneath I put down a list of "cop-confirmed," "mod-confirmed," "self-claim of x" etc. So I guess I did have the word "confirm" in it but I didn't mean to imply that the people on the list were literally CONFIRMED (except the mod confirm I guess), just that I had substantial confidence in them.

Yep.

Very high confidence town:
Dr. Hurt - mod-confirmed town
Ardulac - self-claimed the power to revive town, town revived that night
King Burgundy - dayvig, and with Rarity being a scum-aligned dayvig, I think we can be confident KB is town-aligned
me - cop-confirmed town (just check)

Not trying to re-hash the convo though, I don't really have a problem with it anymore since you explained yourself.

My biggest thing against you was just saying you cased Rarity but didn't put a vote down for her, just seemed an un-needed comment.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Thing that may or may not mean anything: Betrayer and Rarity both publicly addressed Magnus and said he should post more or insinuated he would be replaced if he didn't post more.

Other than that, not much in the way of mentions - some light convo between Rarity and Mag.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BTW, speaking of "confirmed" players, I don't think the mod-confirmed town is confirmed town anymore either, since that one intercept contained:
Voice 5: "Hi guys! Happy to be here."
Of note I think is that it's voice 5, meaning possibly the scum team started at 4 and someone had the power to recruit one more player, hence why the "happy to be here" guy is voice 5. Not saying this is certain, just a possibility.

And finally, Ixt did not get roleblocked the day before he died, posted this:

Ixtlilton posted:

Goddamnit. DHD is Francis "Frank" Sobotka btw, we should put him in second.
Honestly I think flavor is pretty meaningless in this game but the fact Ixt got killed tells me maybe the scum doesn't agree. I already wanted to vote DHD so I am going to go ahead and do it.

##vote DHD
and also

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fast Luck posted:

BTW, speaking of "confirmed" players, I don't think the mod-confirmed town is confirmed town anymore either, since that one intercept contained:
Of note I think is that it's voice 5, meaning possibly the scum team started at 4 and someone had the power to recruit one more player, hence why the "happy to be here" guy is voice 5. Not saying this is certain, just a possibility.

And finally, Ixt did not get roleblocked the day before he died, posted this:

Honestly I think flavor is pretty meaningless in this game but the fact Ixt got killed tells me maybe the scum doesn't agree. I already wanted to vote DHD so I am going to go ahead and do it.

That is a super interesting take.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ixtlilton posted:

Goddamnit. DHD is Francis "Frank" Sobotka btw, we should put him in second.
Although... I don't really know if that's a scummy character or not.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Fast Luck posted:

Honestly it could go either way.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

That's a good reason to vote someone you are voting based on flavor.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DuckHuntDog posted:

That's a good reason to vote someone you are voting based on flavor.
Haha. Nah but really, I said I was already voting for you anyway in that post. that's based on the cases made the last few days, including the stuff I said about MEDS hammering himself the first time. That's the reason for my vote. I'm pretty solid on voting that way but if things change I could move it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"I am definitely feeling this more today."

##vote magnus

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

I think this is a really good point. If not dr hurt then definitely it seems to point to the scum recruiting someone. "Happy to be here" is a really really weird thing to say if you're not a new addition to the team especially since we haven't had any evidence that there is an sk in this game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"I'ma gonna have to insist that we stop this particular train of thought because, let's say

no you know what OOC.

If a player was "recruited" somehow, it means LITERALLY NOTHING from our perspective. We should be hunting for players based on how scummy they are. If we have no means of finding out or discovering if a player was recruited somehow, then every bit of speculation we do is just that - speculation. And I have been a part of games in the past where people have convinced themselves of a wholly baseless piece of speculation and gone on a wild and pointless goose chase, and I will not stand for it here.

Idly speculating "oh, I dunno, maybe someone got recruited!" is the first step to the town chasing windmills, and it ends right here.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I think it only makes sense if it was the day.

Could also be someone who thought they would have been lynched the day before?

This reasoning behind the "happy to be here" is super weak. I mean come on, who would organically say that after not being lynched?

That's definitely something a new addition would say.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It should be wholly unsurprising that Magnus Gallant, most likely scum, is the biggest proponent of us going down this stupid path.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

"I'ma gonna have to insist that we stop this particular train of thought because, let's say

no you know what OOC.

If a player was "recruited" somehow, it means LITERALLY NOTHING from our perspective. We should be hunting for players based on how scummy they are. If we have no means of finding out or discovering if a player was recruited somehow, then every bit of speculation we do is just that - speculation. And I have been a part of games in the past where people have convinced themselves of a wholly baseless piece of speculation and gone on a wild and pointless goose chase, and I will not stand for it here.

Idly speculating "oh, I dunno, maybe someone got recruited!" is the first step to the town chasing windmills, and it ends right here.

Ok but what do you think about Hals reasoning I just quoted with regards to that specific intercept?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

It should be wholly unsurprising that Magnus Gallant, most likely scum, is the biggest proponent of us going down this stupid path.

So you're saying we should all shut up and stop thinking for ourselves and just follow you? Got it

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Magnus Gallant posted:

Ok but what do you think about Hals reasoning I just quoted with regards to that specific intercept?

I think it is a completely stupid and pointless line of inquiry, and it's honestly scummy to even consider discussing it, especially in lieu of the literal 43 pages of game so far.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What do you think of CAPITALIST PIG?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna reread ixtlilton to see what I find.

Fake edit: 5 pages of posts?? Jezus Christ ixt.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Magnus Gallant posted:

So you're saying we should all shut up and stop thinking for ourselves and just follow you? Got it

Pretty much yeah.

Unless you have some actual, concrete evidence suggesting there is not only a recruitment mechanic in place but also as to the identity of the recruited player, you and everyone around you need to shut the front door and get back to playing mafia rather than pointing at windmills and calling them dragons.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

I think it is a completely stupid and pointless line of inquiry, and it's honestly scummy to even consider discussing it, especially in lieu of the literal 43 pages of game so far.

Well seeing as this information was spilled on page 40~ the length of the thread is irrelevant.

Mysteries are sometimes solved by the smallest clues.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Fast Luck posted:

What do you think of CAPITALIST PIG?

It was weird that Rarity claimed to have targeted him, but aside from being on the (dwindling) list of Most Likelies, he doesn't stand out so far.

Magnus Gallant posted:

I'm gonna reread ixtlilton to see what I find.
What good will that possibly do you? He flipped town and posted all his results each night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

Pretty much yeah.

Unless you have some actual, concrete evidence suggesting there is not only a recruitment mechanic in place but also as to the identity of the recruited player, you and everyone around you need to shut the front door and get back to playing mafia rather than pointing at windmills and calling them dragons.

I'll take that as a compliment. Don Quixote is an amazing man.

• Locked thread