Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, I don't believe him either. Btw, I guess this wouldn't have been TT that gave him a second lynch redirect, it would have been the inventor. If he's not lying, which I bet he is.

KB, there were those smaller cases about DHD floating around, like Lilton made, but also, think about MEDS's self-hammer at the end of last night. Did he do that just to get it over with, or did he do that because there were 3 votes on Ice and 2 on DHD, and if one other person showed up and voted DHD before the deadline, DHD would be the runner-up lynchee? My read on DHD was town initially, but more scum as the game went on.

Having an inventor with that item in a game with that power is bad design and opens up this possibility. But that's all I'm going to say about it, I've had fun this game and I appreciate the work you've put in, TT. Also, the fact that I pointed out that DHD's case on him was factually incorrect and that Rarity claiming like that when there was a real possibility the cop wasn't around to counterclaim and he was the alternative made him pretty town and he still kept his vote on there looks pretty bad. His posting today is giving me second thoughts, but he looks pretty scummy from it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think I get what you're saying, but you left Ice's name out of your post. You're referring to when DHD said Ice's "I was suspicious of Rarity anyway" seemed kind of tacked on and fake, but then you found a post from Ice where he'd previously voiced suspicion, yes? And DHD never changed his vote.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Fast Luck posted:

I think I get what you're saying, but you left Ice's name out of your post. You're referring to when DHD said Ice's "I was suspicious of Rarity anyway" seemed kind of tacked on and fake, but then you found a post from Ice where he'd previously voiced suspicion, yes? And DHD never changed his vote.

Yeah, sorry, IcePhoenix.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ardulac posted:

Oh hey, if he's telling the truth then we should have turbo'd him.

People who just got a boost in my suspicionometer: Deadbeat Dad, dorkanoid, Dr. Hurt, Hal Incandenza, Magnus Gallant

I only unvoted to prevent the day ending early you goofball.

But he's clearly lying anyway.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

oh, I have a question about the intercept

Voice 4: "Going to assume nobody was targeted by Dugong"

now, I read this on a wiki:
A Mason Recruiter or Masonizer is a similar role for Masons. However, if a Masonizer targets someone who is not Town-aligned, the action will fail. Commonly, the Masonizer will also die in the process.

Could it be possible the scum's target failed the night Dugong was killed, and this voice is guessing it was from a serial killer rather than from Dugong targeting scum for his recruit? or is that a dumb thought?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

Having an inventor with that item in a game with that power is bad design and opens up this possibility.

To be fair, I singlehandedly got Lynch Escapee removed as a power role from WIFOA games: I doubt TT would have allowed such a thing if he knew my history with it.

But yeah. Ecco's going to die, I'm not, and my whole Beloved Princess thing is technically right, since you're all laser-focused on me. It might as well be skipping the day phase.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"So, why do you think I am a brigand?"

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

"So, why do you think I am a brigand?"

CapnAndy rule. You've survived this long as a veteran, ergo...

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

CapnAndy rule. You've survived this long as a veteran, ergo...

"And you, who have been around for about as long as I have, and are a self-professed beloved princess; why have they not tried to kill you yet?"

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

"And you, who have been around for about as long as I have, and are a self-professed beloved princess; why have they not tried to kill you yet?"

Betting there's a doctor.

Alternatively, maybe someone believes me.

Or the scum are completely retarded.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Ardulac posted:

People who just got a boost in my suspicionometer: Deadbeat Dad, dorkanoid, Dr. Hurt, Hal Incandenza, Magnus Gallant

I've completely missed 2 days of game from work since my IP vote so yeah.

Catching up now on the entire Betrayer thing.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Ugh I read it but my brain is hosed at 4 am and am ungodly exhausted I swear to you I'll puke out my thoughts before work tomorrow!! <3<3

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Betting there's a doctor.

Alternatively, maybe someone believes me.

Or the scum are completely retarded.

- We have only ever seen one kill at night, we have literally no reason to believe there are any other scum in the game than the Mafia.

- If the scum believe you they would have tried to kill you.

- If the scum are completely stupid, then I wouldn't be on that team :v:

I think you don't actually have any reasons, because most of the evidence in the game suggests that if I am scum I'm actively hindering their progress.

If you actually are town, and you actually have the power you have claimed, then you should really consider voting for someone that we all agree is probably scum, rather than me, who only you think is scum.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Ardulac posted:

And those people got a boost in your suspicionometer because. . .? They werent here when day began at night? This is a lazy way to play.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
##vote dhd

Let's put betrayer to the side for a day and lynch someone I want to. I'm selfish but I'm smart guy and I'm pretty sure I'm right about dhd. Betrayer I have a feeling he probably doesn't have another escape under his belt but ive seen him lie and troll games many times before as town and scum so what's the point in risking it again and giving the scum another free night phase?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Magnus Gallant posted:

Let's put betrayer to the side for a day and lynch someone I want to.
No.

##vote Betrayer

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

No.

##vote Betrayer

B-bu-but I'm smart

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Magnus Gallant posted:

B-bu-but I'm smart

Normally I wouldn't disagree but if he is scum we must do this now, not a day or a year from now, but now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Magnus Gallant posted:

This is a lazy way to play.

Pot/Kettle?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Great comment. Very helpful.

Calling half the game suspicious for not posting when the day just started is lazy and scummy.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Hal Incandenza posted:

I only unvoted to prevent the day ending early you goofball.

But he's clearly lying anyway.
And I'm saying that not wanting to end the Day early was risky. Still, unvoting would be a bit blatant for Scum, and so it is only a minimal amount of suspicion in your case.

Magnus Gallant posted:

And those people got a boost in your suspicionometer because. . .? They werent here when day began at night? This is a lazy way to play.
It's just one factor I would consider among many, but it is easy for Scum to pretend to not be around if they want to set something up for a Scum buddy.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Magnus Gallant posted:

Calling half the game suspicious for not posting when the day just started is lazy and scummy.
If I had worded it as "this is the subset of players we should lynch from for the rest of the game if MCS flips Scum", then you might have a point. As it was, I was just drawing attention to something.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

-1, Deadbeat Dad, dorkanoid, Dr. Hurt, Hal Incandenza not voting

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm happy to hammer if we are ready

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Ardulac posted:

It's just one factor I would consider among many, but it is easy for Scum to pretend to not be around if they want to set something up for a Scum buddy.

To be clear you were pointing out how some players hadn't posted early in the day when it started after 8pm? If that's so id say your statement is mostly useless.

Now that you're changing it to a conditional statement based on betrayers alignment that makes it a little less useless as a metric for scumminess I guess.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm happy to hammer if we are ready

Well get on with it motherf

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote The Betrayer

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"Officer, we've already played this game once and fr-"

"Detective."

"Detective, I don't know what you're hoping to get out of this. I was in here just the other day and as I was telling the Deputy, you simply can't expect to arrest and charge me on suspicion."

The detective places a small device on the table and presses a button. The suspect's voice, albeit in poor quality, is distinguishable.

"I'll kill Asiina."

The man blanches.

"Call my lawyer."

MEDS, Maurice "Maury" Levy, Scum-aligned Godfather and a One-shot Governor, was arrested D4!

Final Count
cells: DHD, Ecco
pay: Ixt, KB, Hal, FL, Ard
meet:

The wire is malfunctioning!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (7): CapitalistPig, DuckHuntDog, EccoRaven, Fast Luck, King Burgundy, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, EccoRaven, Ardulac, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Hal Incandenza
DuckHuntDog (2): Ixtlilton, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Magnus Gallant, EccoRaven
EccoRaven (1): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

Not Voting (3): Deadbeat Dad, dorkanoid, Dr. Hurt

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 16th, 2014 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 1 hour.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:munch:

edit: what a broken game (I posted here to fix a bug)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wire is malfunctioning?! wtf, we need a wire fixer, pronto!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
That was a very satisfying vote.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Hah gently caress you levy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fast Luck posted:

Wire is malfunctioning?! wtf, we need a wire fixer, pronto!

Yeah, I bet we got it right again but they used their stupid powers on it.

Oh well.

EccoRaven posted:

That was a very satisfying vote.

Seriously.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd love to get actions by tonight but deadline for submission is tomorrow at 3:00 EST

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Uhhh, did a whole bunch of posts just disappear?

*edit* They are back. Ok.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They did, but your post brought them back.

Also, the last page of this thread wouldn't load before, period, until merk made his post.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I take back things I said about Tremendous Taste and his moderating, they were based on false information.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"poo poo. This wasn't no overdose."

The bullet wound gaping in the man's chest suggested as much. Two Southeastern district patrolmen stared down at the body, resting in a similar position to that which it had occupied in life. Saliva sat drying on his chin. If he'd felt any alarm as he stared his killer in the face, it must have been muted by the high.

"At least he didn't go out fiending."

"Mike, he's got a murder detective's card in his pocket."

"poo poo, CI? We'd better give them a call."

Ixt, Reginald "Bubbles" Cousins, town-aligned flavorcop was shot dead N4.

The Wire has been repaired, but the night lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Note again the irregular deadline. Sunday 5:00 EST

• Locked thread