Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I finally don't see the point. If there is only one scum left there will be no talking.

But ok.

##intercept: cellphones

On the night kill, is SK the only option? Isn't it possible for there to be a one shot town night vig? There is a lot of weird poo poo in this game, so it feels weird that you are talking about SK being the only option for a second kill last night.

On the full claim, not that many left unclaimed at this point right? Would be nice to get it all out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, that's what I was saying, night vig. Wouldn't it make sense? Almost everyone got a role, so out of Ecco, DHD, and dorkanoid, who haven't claimed anything, there's definite potential there.

##intercept: cellphones

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
A town one-shot night vig waiting until Night 5 to shoot is even more preposterous than an SK sitting on it that long.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
What's the odds that the last scum has been bussing the poo poo out of the others? I don't think this scenario is likely since literally none of them have (or very light at most / only when they're in trouble).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What's the odds

I don't think this scenario is likely

Keep making these super insightful posts. :thumbsup:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm going to assume dorkanoid is the "inventor," since both Meds (scum) and Deadbeat (town?) said they received something at night, and I could imagine dorkanoid giving items to scum since he's barely present in the thread.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I guess the inventor could also be Fast Luck.

Hey Fast Luck are you the inventor? If you are you should vote dorkanoid, if you're not you should probably still vote dorkanoid.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm not the inventor. I had a one-shot power and used it last night, and got role-blocked, and now I'm vanilla town.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Fast Luck posted:

I'm not the inventor. I had a one-shot power and used it last night, and got role-blocked, and now I'm vanilla town.

That's not normally how one-shot powers work.

Normally if you're roleblocked you fail to perform an action at all, meaning you don't use up your one-shot-ness.

What was the one-shot pray tell

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That's how this one worked unfortunately. TT even sent me a second PM to clarify that the power was done-zo. Forsensic investigator. I checked out ixtlilton's body. That was Bubbles man... they killed freakin' Bubbles!! If I hadn't been blocked the game would be over because I could tell you guys the list of names who visited him, one of whom was the roleblocker, and that'd be that. You've been kind of distrustful of me but remember please that the cop literally said on D2 something that amounted to "I suspected Fast Luck strongly on D1, but not anymore."

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EccoRaven posted:

I'm going to assume dorkanoid is the "inventor," since both Meds (scum) and Deadbeat (town?) said they received something at night, and I could imagine dorkanoid giving items to scum since he's barely present in the thread.

Was it confirmed MEDS got something though? I also suggested a JOAT of some sort if that's not the case.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EccoRaven posted:

Keep making these super insightful posts. :thumbsup:

Don't be a dick.

I've noticed me and Fast Luck are naturally inquisitive :colbert:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Don't be a dick.

You do realize that's eccoraven right?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

CapitalistPig posted:

You do realize that's eccoraven right?

Queen Bee of Mafia

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
This poo poo has gotten boring though. Scum have been really lurky and not very good at bussing or just apathetic.

##intercept cellphones
##vote dorkanoid

No offense, you seem cool. Just out of the people still alive you make the most sense.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote dorkanoid

I don't have a better thought at the moment.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I hate voting by elimination but I agree dorkanoid seems the strongest choice on that, and hasn't really said much to mitigate it.

Do we want to mass claim?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Was it confirmed MEDS got something though? I also suggested a JOAT of some sort if that's not the case.

If Meds didn't receive anything (and in retrospect he probably didn't), then that means so far you're the only one in the game to get something from the "inventor."

:allears:

DuckHuntDog posted:

Do we want to mass claim?

EccoRaven posted:

Maybe but as a last resort! Currently the only roles that matter are the (scum) roleblocker and whoever is killing at night (and those two players might be the same person).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Yeah it also makes absolutely zero sense for the scum roleblocker to target Fast Luck when it just so happens to be the one night he uses his one-shot action, and not the claimed doctor who is claimed and when the town watcher and tracker are dead.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Also Fast Luck why didn't you use your action oh I dunno night 2 on Somberbrero, the guy who died night 1 and who was therefore almost certainly only targeted by a scum killer? It's a one-shot power and then you'd get the name of a scum.

It's why we on SA don't use forensic investigators like ever.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
IT'S FAST LUCK

is it fast luck

IT'S FAST luck???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fast Luck, roleblocker; can't block and kill in the same night. Kills scumbuddy, claims roleblocked?

Hmmmmm

It's not as elegant as my Pig Hypothesis but it's all really really really really really really strange.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

EccoRaven posted:

Yeah it also makes absolutely zero sense for the scum roleblocker to target Fast Luck when it just so happens to be the one night he uses his one-shot action, and not the claimed doctor who is claimed and when the town watcher and tracker are dead.
Agreed it makes zero sense. I actually saw this thread first, saw scum died (but not the roleblocker), and then went to check my PMs thinking we'd won and I could name the last person. It was disappointing.

So what this tells me is either the scum is acting very strangely, or cpig is not really the doctor. By the way, you're actually extremely likely town by the way, thanks to Cpig's comment. He says he protected you, and they tried to kill you. If they tried to kill you, I'd say you're town. If Cpig is lying, then that means he's scum, which means, again, you're town.

Hmm well I'm going to ##vote Cpig

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I was not allowed to use my power until N3, I guess because it's such a strong power. I didn't use it N3 because we lynched Rarity at the end of the day just before, and she was scum, and I didn't want to use my power on a dead player only to find Rarity's name in my result. Likewise, I didn't use my power after the MEDS thing. So finally I got to use it and got blocked.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'll allow that.

For now.

I kinda just want to vote for Pig because he called me names.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

IT'S FAST LUCK

is it fast luck

IT'S FAST luck???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fast Luck, roleblocker; can't block and kill in the same night. Kills scumbuddy, claims roleblocked?

Hmmmmm

It's not as elegant as my Pig Hypothesis but it's all really really really really really really strange.

I 100% protected you last night and got flavor that I successfuly protected you, it is the first time I got that flavor the entire game.

You were no doubt the nk target. It makes 0 sense for scum to no one of their own.

There was a second kill last night.

That is fact.

You are either some sort of scum or are being willfully dense.

Night one I protected you, but got flavor indicating I was redirected to Ardulac instead which is where I breadcrumbed the thing I said about wizard catching to Ardulac. I'm not gonna quote it because I'm on my phone, it's easy to look up.

Because the flavor I got said I got run off of your house by the knockos and instead caught wizards with Ardulac.

Night 2 I protected myself.

Night 3 I protected Hal

Night 4 I protected myself.

Last night I protected you.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmm the CPig thing is kind of far-fetched though, he'd have to counterclaim one scum partner on the doctor role (Magnus), then kill another scum partner (Hal). And plus he'd have to be sure there was no real doctor.

The alternative to that is there really was someone publicly claiming doctor, and scum decided not to role-block OR kill him, and then got their kill prevented, and then some random person came outta nowhere to kill a scum player in the night. Honestly, both alternatives are kind of weird.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

You are either some sort of scum or are being willfully dense.

- Doctors very very rarely get told they actually protected someone from a kill
- It makes absolutely no sense for there to be an SK in the game; the numbers from a design standpoint don't hold up, and the lack of a second nightkill, ever, all game, suggests that either there is an SK who is really bad at killing people, or there's not an SK.

If you are town and if you are telling the truth then it's even less likely there's an SK, because, since you're told if you successfully block a kill, and you haven't been told that all game until last night, then if the SK exists it must have been blocked by some other means Night 1, Night 2, Night 3, and Night 4.

It's preposterous.

It's not dense, it's simple facts. There is absolutely no evidence supporting the existence of an SK except for Hal dying, but it's more likely Hal died because scum killed each other than an SK. Yes, that's how absurd it is.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

- Doctors very very rarely get told they actually protected someone from a kill
- It makes absolutely no sense for there to be an SK in the game; the numbers from a design standpoint don't hold up, and the lack of a second nightkill, ever, all game, suggests that either there is an SK who is really bad at killing people, or there's not an SK.

If you are town and if you are telling the truth then it's even less likely there's an SK, because, since you're told if you successfully block a kill, and you haven't been told that all game until last night, then if the SK exists it must have been blocked by some other means Night 1, Night 2, Night 3, and Night 4.

It's preposterous.

It's not dense, it's simple facts. There is absolutely no evidence supporting the existence of an SK except for Hal dying, but it's more likely Hal died because scum killed each other than an SK. Yes, that's how absurd it is.

I'm not talking about the sk you twit.

I'm talking about the fact that there was a second kill, whatever it was.

You can very rarely all you want,this IS one of those times.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

CapitalistPig posted:

Because the flavor I got said I got run off of your house by the knockos and instead caught wizards with Ardulac.
Wtf kind of flavor is that? Haha

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not talking about the sk you twit.

CapitalistPig posted:

There was a second kill last night.

That is fact.
If there was a second kill last night then we are left with a strange situation. Unless dorkanoid is responsible, any townie with a one-shot kill would have spoken up a long long time ago.

So it's probably not a townie who killed Hal.

Then from where did the kill come if not an SK? A third-party scum-aligned player who only has a one-shot nightkill?

It's just dumb.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

If there was a second kill last night then we are left with a strange situation. Unless dorkanoid is responsible, any townie with a one-shot kill would have spoken up a long long time ago.

So it's probably not a townie who killed Hal.

Then from where did the kill come if not an SK? A third-party scum-aligned player who only has a one-shot nightkill?

It's just dumb.

It may be dumb but that's where we sit, I protected you and there was a second kill.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

It may be dumb but that's where we sit, I protected you and there was a second kill.

Do you at least see why I'm considering the possibility that you're lying, though?

Because you lying is a very elegant solution to a dumb and strange situation; it makes it neither dumb nor strange at all.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Do you at least see why I'm considering the possibility that you're lying, though?

Because you lying is a very elegant solution to a dumb and strange situation; it makes it neither dumb nor strange at all.

I do see.

Its cool.

But yes, whatever is happening is dumb and strange.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
:munch:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Fast Luck posted:

he'd have to counterclaim one scum partner on the doctor role (Magnus)

Yesterday was very strange, too, though. Magnus literally didn't even try to get people to vote for Pig. Pig claimed and Magnus went ":effort: alright vote for me"

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Pig being scum with Magnus actually makes sense since it explains what happened yesterday, too; they decided they were going to

Wait no Fast Luck hold up rewind. Rarity flipped janitor. That means players she killed would die without flips. Why would you be worried about only getting her as a result n3? Nobody died without flips.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Pig being scum with Magnus actually makes sense since it explains what happened yesterday, too; they decided they were going to.

It may make sense to you, but that's just not the way it is.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Because when she died all I thought was, "Oh, she was a scum day-vig." It was only after MEDS died and flipped both godfather and governor that I went back and looked at Rarity's flip again and realized I should look up what this janitor thing was.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This is a very dumb game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Just because that looks kind of bad, I'll tell you my flavor is Detective Carver. Steadfast good guy for whatever that's worth in this game.

• Locked thread