Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

beergod posted:

https://imgur.com/a/K1ksty0

e: sorry, I can never get photos to post from the app on my phone

Bathrooms are covered in piss yes

drat nice but psg can suck my small dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Gigi Galli posted:

I gotcha:

Nice seats! How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

Only 40 euro each. I couldn’t believe it. Bought directly from the club too, not scalpers.

Quite a blowout but really fun. The ultras play some good tunes.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

it does help, probably, that it's a cup game.

Still, it sounds like it was a good time. I can't stand PSG but PdP is a really nice stadium.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

It seems fitting that the last post in this thread was a month ago

The owners of Stade Rennais have fired their sporting director, a very good one named Olivier Letang, in order to pursue a man with no experience in the role and who may not be interested, Arsene Wenger.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jason Sextro posted:

It seems fitting that the last post in this thread was a month ago

The owners of Stade Rennais have fired their sporting director, a very good one named Olivier Letang, in order to pursue a man with no experience in the role and who may not be interested, Arsene Wenger.

Lmao yes!!!!! I was hoping wenger would stick around in some capacity outside of television.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sadly it's since come out that he likely was compelled to leave because he was trying to transfer their emerging young megastar Camavinga to Real Madrid without keeping the Pinaults in the loop, which seems unwise.

In other LOL-worthy news, I actually wasn't sure where to post this but apparently Unai Emery has given a breathtaking interview with France Football where he seems to take credit for bringing Neymar to PSG, explain that their defeat to Barcelona was due to refereeing and players not following his instructions, which was apparently also one of the problems at Arsenal. Weird how many things aren't the guy's fault.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i date a french national how do i start caring about this lovely league?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Casual Encountess posted:

if she's a PSG supporter it's easy, otherwise:

1) gently caress PSG
2) the overall most popular team in the country is Marseille, but they are a clown-car of endless bad decisions and poor financial management
3) Monaco was good while they were getting Russian oligarch money, then the Director of Football started taking large percentages of transfers to pocket (allegedly) and suddenly all their best stars were gone year after year
4) Lyon is actually pretty well-run but something always seems to hold them back from the finish line and they haven't won a major trophy since 2012

That covers the "big clubs", mostly. It's not great. Physical, but not like the Premier League; tactical, but not like Spain or Italy pretty much sums it up.

Sandwolf posted:

take joy from commentators shoutin “CETTE UN FRAPPE”

This too, yeah

In other news, from now until April 15th all Ligue 1 matches will be played in stadiums with a maximum of 1000 fans. Looks like Tanc might've been right after all, I knew he always had the scoops.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

take joy from commentators shoutin “CETTE UN FRAPPE”

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
the one that took me a while to get was "coup franc," it sounds like they're saying "goo-frahn" and I had no idea what it meant

also a big fan of "SACOCHE!"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

curried lamb of God posted:

the one that took me a while to get was "coup franc," it sounds like they're saying "goo-frahn" and I had no idea what it meant

also a big fan of "SACOCHE!"

They’re just expressing their love for Yoan Gouffran and hell, who can blame them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWZbbC_Ge-Q

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i do not recommend dating an actual french person tho it’s like talking to somebody who somehow always has peanut butter stuck to the roof of their mouth

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Where’s the clip of the guys going nuts for the Gourcuff goal, that one owns. I just love the way they say his name.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Where’s the clip of the guys going nuts for the Gourcuff goal, that one owns. I just love the way they say his name.

Are you confusing noted soft shite Gourcuff to the bald glory of Gouffran???

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Are you confusing noted soft shite Gourcuff to the bald glory of Gouffran???

I'm not it just reminded me of it! I'm at a computer so have it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkYZ9WBeIzk

It is a really good goal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
remember when he got injured doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaUn6IaFalo&t=19s

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm not it just reminded me of it! I'm at a computer so have it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkYZ9WBeIzk

It is a really good goal.

Gourcuff has had the odd really slick goal. I think the lesson in his career is basically, don't compare a guy to Zidane just because he plays the same position, because that's turned all of them mental.

In other "my god PSG sucks" news, the Paris leg of the PSG-Dortmund knockout tie is going to be behind closed doors because of coronavirus concerns and PSG ultras have apparently decided they're going to protest outside the PdP.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

It's being reported that tomorrow Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 will be suspended until further notice, and I'm surprised it's taken this long.

Not to worry, there should still be Premier League!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Endless Ligue 1 Thread: Voluez Quarantine this merde avec moi?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

they really should just suspend the league for the year, that way Marseille gets to go to the (soon-to-be-suspended) Champions League next season and then I can watch them lose all six group stage games just like they did seven years ago

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
They should have suspended the league months ago so Amiens would stay up.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sounds like that's it for Thiago Silva, he and his family fled the quarantine and his contract is up this year. One of the reasons his wife gave for fleeing the country was that in Brazil "we have a pool".

Neymar also fled the country, lol. Sounds like Marquinhos is staying put.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jason Sextro posted:

Sounds like that's it for Thiago Silva, he and his family fled the quarantine and his contract is up this year. One of the reasons his wife gave for fleeing the country was that in Brazil "we have a pool".

Neymar also fled the country, lol. Sounds like Marquinhos is staying put.

Laffin' if they're responsible for a pandemic in Brazil.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Numero6 posted:

Laffin' if they're responsible for a pandemic in Brazil.

Douglas Costa fled to Brazil after only serving half of the amount of time that he should have been quarantined, since Juve have 2 players and their gfs that have tested positive. He'll be cause.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
And so Amiens SC’s three season adventure in Ligue 1 is over. It owned watching them but I never got the chance to a see a game in person.

Lens back up though :rms:

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i decided to like ligue one this spring and i picked marseille as the team i wanted to support and im pretty sure that decision caused the corona virus outbreak

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

i decided to like ligue one this spring and i picked marseille as the team i wanted to support and im pretty sure that decision caused the corona virus outbreak

supporting marseille is a cursed endeavour, can confirm

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Endless Ligue 1 Uber Eats: Voulez end this merde avec moi

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mbappe died, R.I.P. Mbappe.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol tuchel saying 3rd sending off in the first 30m in the third match against st Etienne in a row

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

eat poo poo paris lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYUf6r68CPg

gently caress neymar imo

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

allegedly alvaro gonzalez did a racism

that doesn't explain paredes being an rear end in a top hat and getting away with it because he's neymar's buddy though

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Jason Sextro posted:

allegedly alvaro gonzalez did a racism

that doesn't explain paredes being an rear end in a top hat and getting away with it because he's neymar's buddy though

Tweeted a picture posing with his black teammates... he did that poo poo 100%

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

is there a good place for french language streams now that it exists again?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I've read something about Ligue 1 being in a terrible financial position because of some fuckwadery with TV rights and covid-induced management fuckups by said TV rights holders? How true is that?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Alexeythegreat posted:

I've read something about Ligue 1 being in a terrible financial position because of some fuckwadery with TV rights and covid-induced management fuckups by said TV rights holders? How true is that?

Basically the company (Mediapro) that bought the domestic Ligue 1 rights came in with an offer way more than others. It was the second largest TV deal in all of Europe. They never got enough subscribers and defaulted after only 4 months.

Canal look likely to buy the rights but at a huge amount less than Mediapro said they were going to pay. If clubs bought players assuming they’d be getting the big money they may be in big trouble.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
What is the most lol about it is that Mediapart bought all of the non premium games so Canal still got all the PSG/Marseille/Lyon/Monaco prime time games.

Now Canal are going to buy the lot for less than half.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Canal+ is getting the TV rights for less money than their previous TV deal

basically Mediapro never had the money, their bid was massively over-inflated and the LFP got greedy and now Mediapro is hiding behind COVID as an excuse not to pay out

the French government has, up until now, refused to pay out so there's going to be a lot of financial trouble for the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Psg sacked tuchel and are going to hire pochettino