Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chef Shimi
Feb 27, 2013

"You did what with the lasagna?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

pig slut lisa posted:

i made this in second (i think?) grade and now it hangs in our bathroom

as you can see there's a lot going on here. the center of the picture is dominated by the angry octopus grabbing for a small fish, who cries out for assistance. fortunately for this fish, the octopus is being attacked from below by a scuba diver wielding a knife in one hand and a rock in the other. meanwhile a school of larger fish swim by above, the slowest of their group struggling to keep up. the sea is many colors because it's tropical, and the sting ray and brain coral are based off images i saw in zoobooks. the sun is in the picture because it's a rule in kids art that the sky has to have a sun, even if there's hardly any sky.

this is loving great

Lil Cunty
Oct 22, 2007

pig slut lisa posted:

as you can see there's a lot going on here. the center of the picture is dominated by the angry octopus grabbing for a small fish, who cries out for assistance. fortunately for this fish, the octopus is being attacked from below by a scuba diver wielding a knife in one hand and a rock in the other. meanwhile a school of larger fish swim by above, the slowest of their group struggling to keep up. the sea is many colors because it's tropical, and the sting ray and brain coral are based off images i saw in zoobooks. the sun is in the picture because it's a rule in kids art that the sky has to have a sun, even if there's hardly any sky.

I can't stop laughing about this

ty crap

ty landy

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Jimi Changa posted:

I can't stop laughing about this

it's very nice ben :3:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Qwerinty
Jul 20, 2006

by zen death robot

Jimi Changa posted:

check your mail in approximately 5 to 7 business days

I missed this post (sorry been a busy day) and omg I am so excite :love:

pig slut lisa posted:

Incredible. This is simply incredible

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Qwerinty fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 24, 2015

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

thanks everyone. i'm glad of all the art in this thread, though i think i like mine the best, mainly because i still remember explaining every part to my teacher in a very particular manner.

it is probably the most deliberate thing i have ever done in my life. there was a real process behind the composition here.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Chef Shimi posted:

the octopus looks like an angry dad from a comic strip

that would be due to the eyebrows, which octopuses have irl i would imagine

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
I build model robots in an effort to dissuade women from making sex at me. So far it's working pretty well.

EDIT: maybe this will work better.

----------------

Sazabi fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 24, 2015

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Sazabi posted:

I build model robots in an effort to dissuade women from making sex at me. So far it's working pretty well.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/4r90S12yYi6Y6XHiqGDiXLVSwaKtJEA06bLrF1tOaQXtNGWgaw_S7-ojyo9Wsqlbb-uBo8_4aV-qTxQ=w1896-h791

i was anxious to see these women repellants but i get an error from your link :(

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I've got some stuff on my walls. I'll post pics layer this afternoon. loving all the other posts so far, lots of great artwork on goon walls

playground tough
Oct 29, 2007
you all have very nice homes and very well framed artpieces :unsmith:

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

erotic string art

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

okay, here goes. Due to my housing situation the past few years, I haven't had too much space to have stuff on my walls, so I only have three paintings. all of them have some sort of meaning to me, though.

first up is one of the iterations of Edvard Munch's The Vampire. I think my grandfather got this when he was working as a security guard part-time at the Munch museum during his time as a student right after the war, and this hung in his and my grandmother's livingroom for as long as I can remember. when he died a few years ago and we were sorting out who got what, I immediately stepped up and requested this for myself. this is one painting/poster that I will never get rid of. even disregarding the sentimental value the specific item has to me, I think it's also my favourite iteration of this work. there's something about the colours and crisp lines that I love.

second up is a painting I bought in Nice when I visisted with my ex-gf about seven years ago. we were walking around and passed this artist who was selling his stuff. its not really "high art" in any sense, but it really spoke to me, because it managed to kinda capture the feeling you'd get if you were so lucky to be able to walk around in the narrow alleys in the old town almost by yourself. these days it also kinda reminds me of her in a good way. like, even if things turned out the way it did, we still had some good times together. yes, I've been way too lazy to get this properly framed. I should get to it some day.

this last one is a painting done by an artist that my cousin used to date, and which my aunt and uncle got me as a present on my 20th birthday, I think it was. i'm not sure about how much its worth or whatever, but I do recall being at the art exhibit she (the artist) had where this was also on display. looking at its frame now, I need to take a mental note of doing a proper dusting this weekend

ulvir fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 24, 2015

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
one of these

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

oh wow. that's really good

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Grand parents gave me these and said natives made them from tin cans and metal scraps.

----------------

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

What is that and why do you have it.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
this thread is inspiring to me to find some cool stuff to hang up so my walls don't look so plain.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

landy. posted:

this thread is inspiring to me to find some cool stuff to hang up so my walls don't look so plain.

good for you :)

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

dogcrash truther posted:

What is that and why do you have it.

the artist is tyler stout, i think it's called 'august migration'. it's actually a really small print (8x10) but i like it a lot, it's real good and the artist does real good stuff

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
this is art that's hanging on the walls of sid's house:

ron color
Dec 28, 2011
oh yeah! that painting is great.
ive got a lot of my art along the walls but let me upload some of my thrift store grabs

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

i have some prints (including the silly animal crossing one on the last page) here you could hang THOSE on your wall :shobon:

http://www.inprnt.com/gallery/mutatedjellyfish/

https://instagram.com/mutatedjellyfish/
https://www.artstation.com/mutatedjellyfish

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

mutata posted:

i have some prints (including the silly animal crossing one on the last page) here you could hang THOSE on your wall :shobon:

http://www.inprnt.com/gallery/mutatedjellyfish/

wow cool, you know GSJG's wife too

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Here is a print of a watercolor I have. It is good

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Here is another one
i dont know who this one is by though

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Here is another one

it's right on the tip of my tongue....i think theres even a shade of blue named after thta painter? i dunno maybe i'm combining too but god drat i know that artist...last name starts with ...an M? i think?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

pig slut lisa posted:

Eh?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Here is another one

reverse image search says its maxfield parrish

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

dogcrash truther posted:

it's right on the tip of my tongue....i think theres even a shade of blue named after thta painter? i dunno maybe i'm combining too but god drat i know that artist...last name starts with ...an M? i think?

ulvir posted:

reverse image search says its maxfield parrish
"Parrish's art features dazzlingly luminous colors; the color Parrish blue was named in acknowledgement."

cool

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

pig slut lisa posted:

That lens flare though

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
oh drat i thought the answer was gonna be Bobby Cerulean

Stormyish
Aug 11, 2014

just another brick

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok just one more. my daughter's wall

we have a similar one in my kid's room!

FluffieDuckie posted:

they're stickers you can buy. this one came in like 6 sheets i think. lining them up is kind of a challenge, but they don't damage the wall so you can just peel them off when you get tired of them

yeah and this is why. we rent and decals are easy cleanup when we move.

I have a really cool clock I'll have to take a picture of later. I had to take it down last week because we put in a shelf where it had been hanging and I haven't found a new place for it yet.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I demand justice for the clock

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

That lens flare though

I designed it by hand, yo

https://instagram.com/mutatedjellyfish/
https://www.artstation.com/mutatedjellyfish

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
the penis is prob p close to the water density, so it can flop around slowly as if it were in anti-gravity

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Grass Effect posted:

the penis is prob p close to the water density, so it can flop around slowly as if it were in anti-gravity

wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

oh poo poo... thanks, good catch

• Locked thread