Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
The meat omake stretched out to an entire episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Anime original ending where Mob takes over the world or was evil the whole time or something.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

LostRook posted:

Anime original ending where Mob takes over the world or was evil the whole time or something.

It's just five episodes of that part of 1984 where the evil government makes Winston exercise.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Make the alien thing into a full arc

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Three part finale about Reigen and Tome spinoff. Mob can be seen exercising in the background of some scenes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mob Psycho Shippuden where he is buff and has a gun.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Mob Psycho Shippuden where he is buff and has a gun.

Sequel where future buff Mob and future muscle-form Deku team up to fight crime and help young people self-actualize.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
you rang?

https://twitter.com/ogashiwadayo/status/1100032448790855680

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

Sequel where future buff Mob and future muscle-form Deku team up to fight crime and help young people self-actualize.

Mob's actual talent is he can only appear in well written things so Deku can't be with him :(

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I never really felt Mob was well written reading the manga. It was good but I kinda forgot it the instant it finished.

Seeing it animated just gives it a much bigger impact. Bones really just knocked it out of the park.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's interesting, and perhaps a shame.. Like I dont wanna sound snobby but coming off OPM, reading the Teru fight/ 100% Sadness struck me really hard that Mob was really trying to say something. I did fall off it for a bit but came back right as the final arc was happening and seeing the manga end with the main character get rejected by the girl that was the impetus for everything with the final panel being him laughing along with his friends felt so restrained and like, mature.

The anime is absolutely doing wonderful things and will probably be remembered as one of the greatest adaptations ever, but man the source material is loving tight. Like there's a reason it doesnt have a Murata redraw

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The manga Mob definitely comes across as much less sentimental and more cynical, especially early on.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Manga Mob has more of a resting bitch face. Anime Mob has much softer edges.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I had a hard time reading Mob's expressions and thoughts when I started reading which I feel is very intentional at the start

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah I had a hard time reading Mob's expressions and thoughts when I started reading which I feel is very intentional at the start

Saw a good analysis that normally Mob's fringe hides his eyebrows, and thus it's harder to see what emotions he has. When he goes 100% his hair floats and then you can see what emotion his eyebrows show.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So heard MP100 was pretty good and started the anime the other day, and it turns Mob Psycho 100 is extremely good. But that cliffhanger was so upsetting I just switched directly to the manga and finished the whole thing and now I don't know what to do with myself.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

YggiDee posted:

So heard MP100 was pretty good and started the anime the other day, and it turns Mob Psycho 100 is extremely good. But that cliffhanger was so upsetting I just switched directly to the manga and finished the whole thing and now I don't know what to do with myself.

Read the Reigen spinoff.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It looks like the Reigen spin-off just ended.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Aww man! I'll be sad if this is the end of the adventures in the MP100 world, but it's better to have too little of a good thing than for a good thing to drag out long enough to become a chore.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

ONE's improvement as an artist is truly inspiring.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I appreciate the follow up to the story about a weird boy learning that everyone can be normal is a normal girl learning that everyone is weird in their own unique way.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I think I’m done with the psychic story for a while, let’s get a few volumes following that cool girl who eats bugs

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

a cartoon duck posted:

I appreciate the follow up to the story about a weird boy learning that everyone can be normal is a normal girl learning that everyone is weird in their own unique way.

Billzasilver posted:

I think I’m done with the psychic story for a while, let’s get a few volumes following that cool girl who eats bugs

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

a cartoon duck posted:

I also appreciate that the story which begins with a boy trying to not rely on his powers to impress a girl is followed up by a story which ends on a boy trying to gain psychic powers to impress a girl.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/returnoftheclaw/status/1104878248998006784

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTJkVzhJ8hs

The 99.9 cd album came with a new arrangement of 99. If this plays during the boss fight that would be awesome.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Theowulv posted:

The 99.9 cd album came with a new arrangement of 99. If this plays during the boss fight that would be awesome.

drat the instrumentation in this is awesome.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I hope Serizawa joins the ending credits friends before the season is over.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Theowulv posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I hope Studio Bones has more planned for Shimazaki. It always kinda sucked how that was his last appearance while every other character got some kinda epilogue, either in the story or in omake.

Guess Baby Old Man didn't get anything else either, maybe they can show up together.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

a cartoon duck posted:

I hope Studio Bones has more planned for Shimazaki. It always kinda sucked how that was his last appearance while every other character got some kinda epilogue, either in the story or in omake.

Guess Baby Old Man didn't get anything else either, maybe they can show up together.

I think Baby Old Man died after Sho shoved him through the floor.

But yeah it was always weird that Shimazaki never learned his lesson or anything, he just ran away and stayed away.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

After seeing the yokai hunter guy in a crowd shot at the end there I kinda have to wonder if there's already plans for Studio Bones to adapt the rest of the manga sooner rather than later. While I'm sure Bones got other work on their plate already, with the manga and spin-off concluded it'd be nice if it took less than three years to get the end animated. Plus, with no more other Mob Psycho 100 works coming out you probably wanna capitalise on it while it's still fresh.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bones is pretty busy through the rest of the year if I recall so it's have to be 2020 at the earliest

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Here's hoping they don't give season 3 the OPM Season 2 treatment.

I get the sense MP100 is more popular in Japan anyway.

Edit oh wait you are referring to the yokai thing. I wonder, will there really be no follow up MP100 anime seasons?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
They're def gonna adapt the rest, they've finally got to the broccoli they've been teasing since the first episode and kept Mob saying he has someone he has to confess to

With the original OVA in a couple months, they're trying to keep Mob in the public consciousness

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
kinda wished they ended the episode with this, but that would've probably been too mean lol

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

kinda wished they ended the episode with this, but that would've probably been too mean lol

Dimple does get the last word in which I thought was cool
"We're doomed" panned over the Broccoli

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Hi, I was just taken on a MP100 manga binge from the end of season 2 to the finale and I'm laying down, on the floor, with all these emotions in my body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Congratulations! be sure to let them out so you don't create your own ???

the finale is honestly near perfect imo, it's such a ride