Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Fabricated posted:

You do know the dead cat is fictional right

Well yeah, Mob is a cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
honestly sadder this exchange got cut

"What are you?"
"No idea."

e: tho the anime added the bit of Mob blasting off his uniform jacket in a way that looks like a dark aura coming off of him which really rules

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 8, 2019

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I think that exchange where she says she'll make sure he'll never get a job and he says "so what" is better than just her threatening bodily harm. Has the implication that Mob no longer cares about what happens to him.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Is there some kind of spirit residing in mob? The ???? Seemed to suggest it with the exchange that followed.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I mean, this is the manga thread, I don't wanna just TELL you

but that was Mogami speaking in that "The vessel has been broken" bit

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
There's not really a big reveal moment exactly, it's all just the little bits they tell you. I mean you can figure it out from where we are. When Mogami is ganked it's spirits that come out, because that's what he drew his power from. All the spirits that he collected in his life. When Mob is ganked, ??? comes out. So....what does Mob draw his power from?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Speaking of big reveals, the Reigen manga updated again.

This time, Tome discovered the roots of Reigen's success.

Salt throwing!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mulva posted:

There's not really a big reveal moment exactly, it's all just the little bits they tell you. I mean you can figure it out from where we are. When Mogami is ganked it's spirits that come out, because that's what he drew his power from. All the spirits that he collected in his life. When Mob is ganked, ??? comes out. So....what does Mob draw his power from?
??? quite directly tells Mob what it is

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

man, serizawa really wised up, didnt he

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The fact that Reigen looks at ???% devastating an entire city and figures yeah that's just puberty and turns out to be absolutely correct owns.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Expect My Mom posted:

??? quite directly tells Mob what it is

At the very end of the story, when you pretty much already know. It's not like it's some big thing the story deals with, you are done by the time it comes up. He makes his case and Mob goes "Yeah it's fine, I got this" and that's that.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad Tome reached a level beyond Salt Splash

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Hi please let me know if Mob's family is actually dead thank you

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

an actual dog posted:

They went on a trip to somewhere special

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Don't mess with me I'll crush your head with my mind.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

an actual dog posted:

actual spoiler no the bodies are fake

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Beasteh posted:

actual spoiler no the bodies are fake

Thank you manga reading friend

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

an actual dog posted:

Thank you manga reading friend

an actual dog posted:

Don't mess with me I'll crush your head with my mind.

The excuse was actually that they go on a trip.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

holy poo poo piss the anime is very good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I loving forgot about that bit and was glad to see my girlfriend see the horrifying sequence.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Anime only thing I noticed right away for obvious reasons but in the ED Sho gets to appear as a friend in the chibi artwork. If people read into it more they'd probably figure out that he's a good kid and it's a fakeout :v:

Should I tag this in the manga thread?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I can't tell if you've read the manga since this is your first post here but perceptive anime watchers might have figured out that Sho is good, since Sho is in the OP, getting saved by Sakurai and attacking a Bad Lookin Type Dude

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Expect My Mom posted:

I can't tell if you've read the manga since this is your first post here but perceptive anime watchers might have figured out that Sho is good, since Sho is in the OP, getting saved by Sakurai and attacking a Bad Lookin Type Dude

Nah, I've read the series to the end as it was coming out. Just never got around to posting here.

And intro could be seen in a few ways since Sakurai *is* a member of claw and all. I just feel like him getting a chibi is the biggest hint that Sho's a alright kid.
Will say a lot of the inbetween on this arc is super muddy to me as the lead up wasn't super interesting (that I can remember) but I am looking forward to the way the big fight ends as it's one of my favorite moments from the manga for whatever reason.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah I also don't remember the nitty-gritty. I know Teru gets a fight next week and mob sleeps on a couch.

pausing through the OP for the first time did let me see curly hair serizawa and im so excited.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mob is gonna be asleep for like a whole episode

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he deserves it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now I'm wondering how they are going to handle this arc I imagine the final episode is going to be the final fight and epilogue so chapter 90(which is over 100 pages) and 91. Which leaves them 4 episodes to adapt 13ish chapters.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Electric Phantasm posted:

Now I'm wondering how they are going to handle this arc I imagine the final episode is going to be the final fight and epilogue so chapter 90(which is over 100 pages) and 91. Which leaves them 4 episodes to adapt 13ish chapters.

I'm pretty sure they're ending at the end of the CLAW arc.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i feel like it has to be another hour long OVA right? for divine tree and ???

unless mob is doing 100% kindness by episode 10 which i would Intensely Dislike

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
There's gonna be a season 3 I'm pretty sure.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I mean the issue is there isn't *enough* content for 12 episode season 3 IIRC? So people are thinking maybe OVA or movie.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

skaianDestiny posted:

I'm pretty sure they're ending at the end of the CLAW arc.

That's what I meant the final fight against CLAW boss is chapter 90 and 91 is the epilogue to the CLAW arc. Sorry for the confusion

Expect My Mom posted:

i feel like it has to be another hour long OVA right? for divine tree and ???

unless mob is doing 100% kindness by episode 10 which i would Intensely Dislike

Looking it up I think they could make a season 3 work or maybe just OVA?

Cause they have to adapt 12 chapters, but the final chapter in the Divine tree is over 100 pages long, so is the single chapter aliens arc, the final arc is just 100.1 and 100.2, but they are both over 100 pages.

Granted page count could not mean much in adapting something and I'm looking too much into this.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I guess I just don't think all that equals twelve episodes? Unless it's a shorter like six episode season? some show must have done that. or maybe more of how season 1 ended with originial content + adapting that reigen manga? I did forget the aliens tho lmao.

with how much they've used the mob holding the flower, broccoli imagery and set it up, i'm sure they'll adapt it all, im just dying to know how. maybe the season ends with the reveal of the divine tree then

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Maybe they'll do two movies.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

I guess I just don't think all that equals twelve episodes? Unless it's a shorter like six episode season? some show must have done that. or maybe more of how season 1 ended with originial content + adapting that reigen manga? I did forget the aliens tho lmao.

with how much they've used the mob holding the flower, broccoli imagery and set it up, i'm sure they'll adapt it all, im just dying to know how. maybe the season ends with the reveal of the divine tree then

I feel like it's gonna happen, chapter 91 is the epilogue for the CLAW arc and it ends with saying the divine tree's influence is spreading.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I wonder how people are gonna react to having the situation immediately diffused at the beginning of the next episode. It wasn’t a cliffhanger in the manga, Dimple calms Mob down on the next page. Even though he was kinda bullshitting at that moment, he was right in the end.

I guess “relief” is what most watchers will feel.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

What loving masterful animation on this episode. Something as simple at the % counter moving at the end left me speechless. Anime is so cool.

Glad that tsunami-Chan is getting a little bit of screen time too, her character might become really interesting by the end of this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Commission a 6 episode season with the budget of a twelve and let them express their pure love for Mob Psycho with ample budget.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

That really is the thing. Mob psycho has enough plot for about 2 and a half seasons, because mob is already almost completely 99% grown up by the time he finishes off the claw boss. Everything after that is mob helping his friends find closure and new jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I'd guess at probably 7-8 eps worth of material after claw arc.