Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Darksaber posted:

I'm pretty sure the Eagles are the most likable NFC East team and holy poo poo what a thought that is.

they are, easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Awwww :3:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well the ARI/SD game was a thing. Kind of a heartbreaker for the chargers.

Foo, I am sorry about Fitzgerald, that was bizarre. He got like four targets all night, all of them in the fourth quarter, and at least two were uncatchable. And to think: you benched Steve Smith. :(

But this weekend's Highest Scoring Bench goes to mister Winson Paine, largely due to Knowshon Moreno turning out to actually be a good RB even when he's not a Bronco, and Jake Locker actually being a good quarterback. It must really sting when both of your benched RBs outscore both of your started RBs.

So I had a huge game obviously, but don't go thinking I'm a favorite or something. Last year I had a big first game and then went 5-5 for the next ten games.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm fairly happy with my team. Calvin blew up, sure, but my players all had pretty consistent numbers. Good game Winson.

I look forward to playing you next week, Leperfish. Should be a good one.

thatsnorth
Jan 5, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

But this weekend's Highest Scoring Bench goes to mister Winson Paine

I play in another league and my bench scored 110 points. My starters got me 70. I'm a good loser this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I'm fairly happy with my team. Calvin blew up, sure, but my players all had pretty consistent numbers. Good game Winson.

Yeah you've obviously got a very strong team, and I can't count on a career-high game from Matt Ryan against the Bengals. On the other hand, Jamaal Charles really should be able to manage better than a six point game, even against Denver.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Reminder to all the new players: you should be looking at the waiver wire today to shore up injuries/weaknesses and/or get breakout players on your team. All of us get to put in requests, which will be sorted through tomorrow morning based on our waiver priority. Make sure the most important pickup to you is the top one you have, there's a Your Pending Moves dropdown on the My Team page just above your roster which will allow you to change which moves have which priority for you.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Goddamn Calvin, that was crazy. I am pretty happy with how things went, other than maybe not starting Moreno. Nice work AFB

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I enjoy how if you go to the Eliminator site and rank funbucks by winnings, right now it goes Leperflesh, myself, then Winson. We should NOT go to Vegas.

Also I dropped Dawson. It's early in the season, but missing a 39 yard FG attempt doesn't exactly fill me with passion. Benched Ridley for Greene too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Darksaber posted:

I enjoy how if you go to the Eliminator site and rank funbucks by winnings, right now it goes Leperflesh, myself, then Winson. We should NOT go to Vegas.

Also I dropped Dawson. It's early in the season, but missing a 39 yard FG attempt doesn't exactly fill me with passion. Benched Ridley for Greene too.

At first I thought you meant we were ranked 1-2-3!

quote:

102 Leperflesh -264.15
103 Darksaber -285.95
104 The Fear Boners -288.00

Well, close enough, eh?

Dawson was horrible in the preseason too. It's odd because he was excellent last year. Seems like kickers have good streaks and then suddenly go bad or something.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Leperflesh posted:

Dawson was horrible in the preseason too. It's odd because he was excellent last year. Seems like kickers have good streaks and then suddenly go bad or something.

Kicker production is essentially random. There's no real correlation between prior performance and future results.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I mainly just chose a kicker that plays in a dome. The fact that he's on a team that will go 8-8 is okay.

(And maybe I grabbed Prater for after his suspension :ssh:)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kickers in domes are great when they kick in domes. They're awful when they don't. That's why Tucker is so nice.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I hadn't seen this

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

GNTS SCKNG MD DCK
     /

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Going from Cameron and Eifert to Kelce at TE kinda sucks. Please use your talented players, Andy Reid!

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Just a reminder that there IS a Thursday game tonight, so please take a look at your rosters and make sure that everyone you wanted is in there, don't want anyone getting taken by surprise!

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Two Three things I hope tonight:

I hope that Ben Rothlessburger doesn't do super amazing and make me regret not putting him in.

I hope Joe FLAC0 throws a lot of balls to Dennis Pitta.

La'veon Bell gets no yards.

And the Ravens D lets everything (but Bell) through.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
So you hope Flac0 is in...

...the Pitta Pocket?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

You guys need to step up your game on ridiculous football names. Roethlisberger isn't that hard.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

It is so painful watching them continue to give Pierce a bunch of touches here.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

You guys need to step up your game on ridiculous football names. Roethlisberger isn't that hard.

Rapelisbooger

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I was phone posting, and I don't care enough.

I'm so far glad I didn't choose him this week though.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Nice one Ngata, don't see a player grab his own tip often.

Edit: Despite Harbaugh's best efforts to let Pierce run into people after getting holes to run through, Forsett still gets me 10 points in the flex. Could've been worse.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 12, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So on that last goalline stand, Lawrence Timmons (who I have in my IDP-only league) made his To Hit FLAC0 roll with a called shot to the face.

The steelers obviously stank but Timmons got me 17.75 points so I gotta be happy about that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I gotta get me some RBs that don't eat rear end, and maybe a Defense that won't get me negative points.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I gotta get me some RBs that don't eat rear end, and maybe a Defense that won't get me negative points.

How would you like 1 slightly used Rams Defense! The front 7 are amazing! There back 4 can't stop a toddler from catching a ball! And they play the 49s and the Seahawks twice! this season! [/billymays]

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I'm guessing Owen Daniels is going to be picked up in a lot of leagues this time next week.

He had a great game, but I don't think he can do it that well again, and he has an issue with getting injured.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

@MarkBermanFox26
Sources: RB Adrian Peterson indicted for reckless or negligent injury to a child N Montgomery County.His atty Rustin Hardin declined comment

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Arrest of Adrian Peterson (reported by @MarkBermanFox26) stems from the disciplining of a son with a switch, source says. He’s been indicted

We should take bets on what happens next week, I'll put my money on Peyton Manning running guns for Mexican drug cartels.

Fake edit: In case it's not clear from the tweets, AP will be out because of the indictment, find a replacement this week.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh poo poo. AP :(

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

welp

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just grab Asiata off the wire, he's just as good right? It'll be totes the same.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

It is getting harder and harder to derive enjoyment from following this league.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just remember: 32 NFL teams, each with 53 rostered players, = 1700 NFL players. Add in practice squads, free agents, league and team staff, you're looking at well north of 2000 celebrity people.

If ten or so of them have serious legal/ethical/behavior problems, that's still only tenths of a percent. Not any worse than the normal rate in the rest of society.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Haha, ten isn't even close to the ballpark for how many lovely people surround the NFL. We're just getting some recent cases with better coverage than most.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Comrade Gorbash posted:

It is getting harder and harder to derive enjoyment from following this league.

Theres no way you had AP too

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Theres no way you had AP too

I meant the NFL, in a more general way. The ongoing concussion saga, the stupidity of their drug policy, the domestic violence issues, and this, all compounded by the general hypocrisy of the people in charge, and the sanctimonious way they carry themselves - basically its getting to be a bit much.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well, basic human morals' loss is my gain because I just picked up Asiata now that Peterson is out.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
AJ Green already out? Well, there goes my week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Alfred Morris is a GROWN rear end MAN, Edelman is playing out of his old rear end mind, and I'm going to go celebrate myself into a stupor and hope that I don't remember the Dolphins performance so far.

• Locked thread