Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
no escape

no hope

you will answer for your crimes. may god have mercy on your souls.

one time in the distant past when ddr was still fairly popular, i was playing the game at my mall's arcade. in the middle of a song, i felt something hit my side. I looked down and saw an empty mtn dew bottle, and then looked up and saw someone running flatfooted to the fire exit. i mean just loving hauling rear end. i stood there dumbfounded as to why someone would do that to me, and then i lost the level because i wasn't dancing and ended up wasting the three bucks it took just to play the game

in the end, he got me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
i havent played dance dance pinnochio but i hear there's a line to take it in the rear end???

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
whats the arcade raver game with the two nodes that you swipe above and below. that poo poo was arguably worse.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9sz9QzsWXc

AIEIEIEIEIE I'M YOUR LITTLE BUTTERFLY

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Cobweb Heart posted:

i havent played dance dance pinnochio but i hear there's a line to take it in the rear end???

Yeah I've never played ddr but I'm in line anyway :tutbutt:

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Cobweb Heart posted:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

completely off topic but that guy in your title makes me laugh every time i see it

now back to butts :yosbutt:

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Kimmalah posted:

completely off topic but that guy in your title makes me laugh every time i see it

now back to butts :yosbutt:
You ain't seen nothin yet, my friend

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
I like to play Dance Dance Revolution with a controller.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i got convinced to play ddr by a raver girl i knew at the time and she picked the most innuendo-ridden songs she could and my feet were too big to actually fit on the squares so i had to use the front half of my feet.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Ddr killed arcades and I'll never forgive it, I'm mad.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cosby Onahole posted:

Ddr killed arcades and I'll never forgive it, I'm mad.

What the gently caress are you talking about? Do you know how big the deer hunting arcade game scene is in America? It's huge, it's almost revitalized arcades to their late 80's glory.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Rip in peace captain jack

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i'm the guy who exclusively plays bag at 2.5x arrow speed

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
one time I went to the movies to see the dark knight i remember this because it was the only time i go to the movies due to my crippling misophonia and in the lobby was a fat kid playing ddr and i watched him maybe for 20 minutes. i didnt say anything or laugh i just watched

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

one time I went to the movies to see the dark knight i remember this because it was the only time i go to the movies due to my crippling misophonia and in the lobby was a fat kid playing ddr and i watched him maybe for 20 minutes. i didnt say anything or laugh i just watched

Watching epic people do stuff is really cool IMO.

Dec 26, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

was he good

Dec 26, 2012

Cobweb Heart posted:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

01011001 posted:

was he good

i dont know enough about the game to answer that

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Kewpuh posted:

I watched a fat guy eat chinese food in the food court then go play ddr at the mall arcade. He did his tracks, stood straight up and froze, then sprayed lo mien all over the screen.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

thuly posted:

I watched a fat guy eat chinese food in the food court then go play ddr at the mall arcade. He did his tracks, stood straight up and froze, then sprayed lo mien all over the screen.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fat people are loving win!

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

never played it cause by the time it came out arcade was more or less dead where I live

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

thuly posted:

sounds p. kawaii :allears:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

thuly posted:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
really fat guys are really only nimble when doing matsuri japan. i wonder if any anthropologists hae studied this phenomenon?

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Kewpuh posted:

Interesting place to put a mirror, right next to a DDR machine. But seriously, that's a good story. THank you for sharing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The only arcades now are in movie theatres here. That being said the local one has Initial D and it owns.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

hoooooooooooly poo poo

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I built a DDR pad out of wood and metal contact plates and stuff and wired it up to a PSX controller. Best decision ever, those plastic pads break super loving easy, and I tend to stomp when I'm getting in a groove.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
before they killed themselves with stupid guitar hero crap, red octane used to make good ddr pads. i still have my old ignition pad and it still works after a decade

surc
Aug 17, 2004

tranime scholar posted:

before they killed themselves with stupid guitar hero crap, red octane used to make good ddr pads. i still have my old ignition pad and it still works after a decade

yeah well I still have the scar I got from picking up the wrong edge of sheet metal at home depot a decade later, and that's gonna last me for at least another 20-30 years :clint:

But no seriously, those red octane pads are pretty dang sweet. It was just cheaper to make my own off some free internet plans.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

surc posted:

yeah well I still have the scar I got from picking up the wrong edge of sheet metal at home depot a decade later, and that's gonna last me for at least another 20-30 years :clint:

But no seriously, those red octane pads are pretty dang sweet. It was just cheaper to make my own off some free internet plans.

sup ddr scar bud, i've got one on my foot from my friend's metal ddr pads. turns out the corners on that bitch were a little sharper than i expected

that's cool that you made your own though. most i ever hosed with a pad was to staple one of those lovely plastic ones that came with the game to some wood so that the sensors would last longer than 3 hours

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Can we all just take a moment to collectively mock everyone who plays "dance" rhythm games with the arrow keys on a keyboard

surc
Aug 17, 2004

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Can we all just take a moment to collectively mock everyone who plays "dance" rhythm games with the arrow keys on a keyboard

I tried this once and yes, we can and should take that moment. So bad. I bought that fireworks rhythm game from 360's Arcade, that was a pretty terrible purchase.

Dec 26, 2012

when i was a freshman there was this one kid in one of the discussion sections who would always be early to class, loving tapping his brains out at some ddr-like on his laptop. i always wondered how long it would be until he wore out his keys or broke something

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

stepmania was dumb and one of my friends in high school played that poo poo non-stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

the best thing about DDR was using the pads to play other games they were wildly unsuited for, like streetfighter

• Locked thread