Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elnoseface
Jun 29, 2008
How do you turn on photo mode?

Edit: You have to install the update for the option to show up.

elnoseface fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

JordanKai posted:

I love the idea of photo mode, but it exposes some pretty wacky stuff about the game. When you're (opening spoilers) running through town with your daughter in your arms she's supposed to be really scared and you can't pan the camera around to see the characters' faces. In photomode, however, you totally can and she looks like she's stoned out of her mind! :v:

I almost wanna stop using photo mode for my first playthrough. It almost ruins some of the tension when I'm trying to find a funny pose/situation to take a picture of.

^^ Press start. There should be an option there to map it to L3. If it's not there, look in the actual options.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Mate's gonna get a copy in the US; I don't really want a digital version with a ~50 gig download anyway.

Speaking of MP, you will probably get yelled at, if you don't use a headset in a game with me and Hamburglar, just saying. :colbert:

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I haven't played this for probably about a year or longer online. Is the only way to get all the survival skill is by buying them? The guns too? I thought I got some of this for pre-ordering on PSN or something. I'm a little confused.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Moochewmoo posted:

I haven't played this for probably about a year or longer online. Is the only way to get all the survival skill is by buying them? The guns too? I thought I got some of this for pre-ordering on PSN or something. I'm a little confused.

No, they're basically early unlocks, and they don't even kick in until a NG+ playthrough.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

No, they're basically early unlocks, and they don't even kick in until a NG+ playthrough.
We are both talking about the same thing right? Because this looks multiplayer specific. Prof. and Situational survival skills? Along with the weapon pack of launcher, shotgun, rifle, and pistol? They are just early access anyways? I get them through normal progression?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Skills unlock in a set order based on how many total 'supplies' you have, the blue tin-can icon. You get supplies from dead bodies.

Everything in the preorders, aside from some hat items, is an early unlock.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
The last time I played multiplayer was before the patch that added agility and the extra features to bomb expert. Someone talk to me about how everything was rebalanced? Agility stating "You move silently" means you don't show up on radar? Does this mean agility stole some some of the features that Covert Training had? I also remember people saying that Bomb Expert was broken good with your own smoke grenades not stunning you. Was that ever addressed?

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Is it possible to do this or am I wasting my time?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Megasabin posted:

The last time I played multiplayer was before the patch that added agility and the extra features to bomb expert. Someone talk to me about how everything was rebalanced? Agility stating "You move silently" means you don't show up on radar? Does this mean agility stole some some of the features that Covert Training had? I also remember people saying that Bomb Expert was broken good with your own smoke grenades not stunning you. Was that ever addressed?

Bomb Expert is still really powerful, but BE3 costs 5 points, so the person basically needs to make a build centered around it. I think it's balanced, but yeah, if you see a guy using that...do not get close to him.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I was a season pass holder on the PS3, and it is unclear to me what this gives me access to in Remastered. From googling it seems like it is supposed to land you 3 Bundles: Survivalist Weapon Bundle, Situational Survival Skills Bundle, and Professional Survival Skills Bundle. In addition it is claims it gets you over 60 pieces of cosmetic DLC. Does any of this apply to remastered at all?

As of now the only thing I'm getting for free is the nightmare mas collection, which is like 9 pieces of cosmetic stuff. No skill or weapon bundles at all.

Do I have to go back onto my PS3 and download things there for it to unlock for free on the PS4 version of the PSN store?

Megasabin fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 29, 2014

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Oh alright. I just say Damage marker doesn't have a supplies requirement just a little "purchase" button. I wish it was a bit more clear that all skills and guns are unlocked by just showing the supply requirements as well. Thanks for your patience.

SaltPig
Jun 21, 2004

Does spending parts in the factions mode detract from the supplies you will earn at the end of a round?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Liar of the Shire posted:

Does spending parts in the factions mode detract from the supplies you will earn at the end of a round?

No, not at all. The game doesn't do a very good job of explaining that.
Spend as many parts as you can during matches, a purchasable or a weapon upgrade can really sway things.

mascotte
Mar 21, 2013

Ling-Ling here to destroy all! And give children seizure!
Can anyone who pre ordered the game tell me if they got a DLC code for the bonus pre order stuff or something like that? I didn't get anything like that so I'm not sure if I should complain to the store or maybe there is some other way to access the bonus stuff.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

mascotte posted:

Can anyone who pre ordered the game tell me if they got a DLC code for the bonus pre order stuff or something like that? I didn't get anything like that so I'm not sure if I should complain to the store or maybe there is some other way to access the bonus stuff.
Mine didn't have a slip in the case either. I got it via e-mail. I would say check your receipt or your e-mail (if you ordered it online).

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

mascotte posted:

I pre-ordered from Amazon and got my code at 3am EST this morning. Who did you pre-order with?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Overbite posted:

Ehhh I dunno if I'm gonna get this or not. Gamestop is having a deal where if you trade in the PS3 version you can get the PS4 version half off and that might tip me over. The game was fun enough but the amount of praise slathered upon it is kind of unwarranted. It's fun and the story is well acted but the actual gameplay part is pure Uncharted cover shooter.

Thanks for warning me about this - bought the game a year ago and never finished, now that it's even prettier I might actually do it. But I agree the gameplay is basically Uncharted with inventory management. Going to drop down to medium just to bang it out I think.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The gameplay didn't feel like Uncharted to me at all, really. I was actually thinking it would be Uncharted with zombies and was initially pretty let down because it just feels so much slower.

Lblitzer posted:

The multiplayer looks really cool in this game but I have yet to even play the singleplayer, should I complete it before I play MP?

Definitely. People were talking about spoilers being common in multiplayer which honestly would be a big enough factor for me on its own, but single player will also familiarize you with the game systems and the pace of combat.

Silver Striker fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 29, 2014

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
The multiplayer looks really cool in this game but I have yet to even play the singleplayer, should I complete it before I play MP?

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
I preordered yesterday at like 10:30pm eastern from PSN and I still have no gotten any sort of DLC code.

mascotte
Mar 21, 2013

Ok, apparently the store I got it from says the launch is tomorrow so that's when I'll get my DLC code.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Megasabin posted:

I was a season pass holder on the PS3, and it is unclear to me what this gives me access to in Remastered. From googling it seems like it is supposed to land you 3 Bundles: Survivalist Weapon Bundle, Situational Survival Skills Bundle, and Professional Survival Skills Bundle. In addition it is claims it gets you over 60 pieces of cosmetic DLC. Does any of this apply to remastered at all?

As of now the only thing I'm getting for free is the nightmare mas collection, which is like 9 pieces of cosmetic stuff. No skill or weapon bundles at all.

Do I have to go back onto my PS3 and download things there for it to unlock for free on the PS4 version of the PSN store?

Yep. Or via the webstore. I was also very confused.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Season-Pass-Content-Getting-it-on-PS4/td-p/44165876

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

mascotte posted:

Ok, apparently the store I got it from says the launch is tomorrow so that's when I'll get my DLC code.

Where do you live? I just picked it up at a US Gamestop... though maybe that's just for the DLC codes.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

First time playing the MP. I'm not very good. Many rounds, if I get one kill it's a success for me. Then I have a pretty good game and end it out like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9kCEFSD4WA

Made it all worth it. :black101:

Also can you tell I'm still trying to get used to the controls :downs: *random melee swing*

SaltPig
Jun 21, 2004

Lblitzer posted:

The multiplayer doesn't spoil anything in the singleplayer so it's up to you. The multiplayer is really good though.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Through some sort of wizardry GameFly actually shipped me a copy.

So glad I don't have to buy it again since I already played through a few times on ps3.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Liar of the Shire posted:

The multiplayer doesn't spoil anything in the singleplayer so it's up to you. The multiplayer is really good though.

That being said, there is an inordinate amount of people who play online who get their jollies by declaring spoilers during games, so that's something to watch out for.

mascotte
Mar 21, 2013

Golashes posted:

Where do you live? I just picked it up at a US Gamestop... though maybe that's just for the DLC codes.

I'm from Poland. I got the game on the 28th actually. The store I got it from was selling it early and they weren't handing out receipts, I guess so no one would find out that they were selling it pre release.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just play the singleplayer first. It's not that long and it's amazing.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

So I "purchased" everything via the webstore, but I can't access any of the content in game still. When I boot into factions, and click on DLC it claims I've purchased all of it, but none of it is there in the cosmetic menu or the skills menu. For example when I go to equip the enforcer, it's still locked, and asks me to buy it. If I click on that link to buy it, it brings me to the PSN store webpage for the enforcer, which states "purchased" indicating I already own it. How do I get the stuff to actually download and unlock in the game?

Edit: Had to restart the PS4 to get it to work

Megasabin fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 29, 2014

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Just play the singleplayer first. It's not that long and it's amazing.
Well, I would say it's like 15 to 20 hours the first time you play it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Crows Turn Off posted:

Well, I would say it's like 15 to 20 hours the first time you play it.

Well I beat it in a few days but I guess I did binge on it at the time. How could you not though.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
As much as i want to play this again, i have a feeling its going to be one of those games that is $30 on sale by the end of the month.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
You still cant buy a used copy Tomb Raider for $30. Doubt the price point is going to budge for awhile. I've also lost all my skill in multiplayer. I need a lot more practice to get back in the groove.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Megasabin posted:

You should basically own everything available in the store addon wise for Remastered except for the latest "Killer Bundle" and the DLC items associated with it. This amounts to some 70 DLC items.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

bobby2times posted:

You still cant buy a used copy Tomb Raider for $30. Doubt the price point is going to budge for awhile. I've also lost all my skill in multiplayer. I need a lot more practice to get back in the groove.

TR was $40 less than 4 weeks after release
http://slickdeals.net/f/6726408-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-xbox-one-ps4-40-amazon-lightning-deal-midnight-2-18-14

And was $30 4 weeks later
http://slickdeals.net/f/6811420-playstation-network-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-ps4-digital-download-30

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Got my $25 Game Stop copy... Left Behind is fun, looks good so far.

Add me on PSN for multi: zenintrude

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Being that it's first party and a port job, I also expect the price to drop. But I doubt it'll fall below the $25 I can get it with trade in (I have an unopened PS3 copy).

The bigger thing is that if you can wait, this will probably be a PS+ game eventually. Like, around the holidays as a bunch of early adopter 1 year codes lapse. It makes more sense for them to do that here than with Infamous, for instance, even if this released later.

For now, though, I have to figure out if I want to go through the painful GameStop trade in procedure of high pressure commerce and being hustled for way too much personal information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

zenintrude posted:

Got my $25 Game Stop copy... Left Behind is fun, looks good so far.

Add me on PSN for multi: zenintrude

How'd you get a copy for 25 dollars at GameStop?

I'll have this later. PSN: InterstellarOwl

• Locked thread