Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Based on the 24 Hour Basic lovely Dnd thread found here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3642769

Everyone gets a say in the collective party subconscious. The party will begin with one individual. Last thread started with Basic Dnd classes, this thread will offer slightly more choice. Rules will be held loosely and up for debate by posters.

Whoever you choose will start in the city of Slom Wol at the southeastern edge of the Great Northern Forrest. The city is a trade hub for the King's Road, which travels northeast through the Forrest, and the Borderlands beyond.

What will you start your party as? Choose one individual:

Human
Cleric
Fighter
Mage
Thief

Elf
Fighter/Mage
Ranger
Druid

Dwarf
Cleric
Fighter (U from the last thread)
Thief

Halfling
Cleric
Fighter
Mage
Thief (Kill from the last thread)

Life within the borders of the Crown is hard, the corruption and constant wars draw heavily on the kingdom's resources. The party will start with word of a new threat on the Borderlands and a call for hired swords. Once chosen the party is free to travel wherever they see fit with a starting point somewhere in the vicinity of the city of Slom Wol.

You will start poor and first level. Stats will be rolled once class/race/gender/name is chosen and done by 6 rolls of 3d6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I'm picking the Elf Mage for this round. Things got a lot better in the last thread once we had some magic and I think having a magic damage dealer from the start will be great.

InFlames235 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 28, 2014

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
Female Elf Druid named Cornhusk

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Elf fighter. Elves see in the dark like dwarves I think.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Elf Mage. Druid is tempting but we'll probably end up with multiple animal buddies regardless of class, so we should grab some spells too.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Elf fighter/mage because your writing for them will be funny.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
The last thread was awesome, looking forward to this one.

Do druids have both heal and attack spells (like in WoW, heh)? If so, voting elf druid.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
kill got the most kills over all last time, so i'm going with kill. PLus he still has a +2 dagger, maybe.

looks like everyone wants magic so i'm going to change to pure mage human so we can light the most stuff on fire.

Also don't forget an elf maxes out at like something dumb like level 5 or 6 humans no max level limit.

TOILETLORD fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 28, 2014

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Hey Luvcow! :)

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Elf Fighter/Mage.

Lets pointy-ear this poo poo up.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

FRINGE posted:

Elf Fighter/Mage.

Lets pointy-ear this poo poo up.

Yeah, this.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Human Fighter! Let's go bland!

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
An elven fighter/mage named Shemp with a bad attitude and nothing to lose

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

quote:

Life within the borders of the Crown is hard, the corruption and constant wars draw heavily on the kingdom's resources. ... You will start poor and first level.

He/she is a Robin Hood figure with a sharp wit and a taste for the blood of the Aristocracy. Named after some bird. So like "[Birdname] Hood"

Sparrow Hood?
Hummingbird Hood?
Tit Hood?

(Elf Fighter/Mage)

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

FRINGE posted:

Tit Hood

(Elf Fighter/Mage)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

loving yay, this is back!

I vote for a genderqueer ambidextrous dual sword-wielding elf ranger with quite a dark tan and bleached hair named Darkmood.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

FRINGE posted:

she is a Robin Hood figure with a sharp wit and a taste for the blood of the Aristocracy. Named after some bird. So like "[Birdname] Hood"

Tit Hood

(Elf Fighter/Mage)

There we go.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

FRINGE posted:

He/she is a Robin Hood figure with a sharp wit and a taste for the blood of the Aristocracy. Named after some bird. So like "[Birdname] Hood"

Sparrow Hood?
Hummingbird Hood?

:siren:Tit Hood:siren:

(Elf Fighter/Mage)

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 28, 2014

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Elf fighter/mage because your writing for them will be funny.

I agree with this fellow

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

FRINGE posted:

Hey Luvcow! :)

Welcome home yet another Goblii alum. :)

sincx posted:

Do druids have both heal and attack spells (like in WoW, heh)? If so, voting elf druid.

Some healing and combat. Mostly nature based spells.

So, barring some unforeseen landslide of votes for something else, it's looks like you have chosen a female elf.

Most people seem to be leaning towards Fighter/Mage but you may still choose Druid or Ranger before the next update.

Names suggested so far include Cornhusker, Shemp and Titwood (Tytwood?)

Someone needs to roll stats and assign them accordingly (6 sets of 3d6) She will need higher Str, Dex, and Int for Fighter/Mage.

Starting info:

Elves can disappear almost at will in forests and have a natural affinity for all things natural. They disdain Men and Dwarves, are tolerant of some Gnomes and view Halflings as harmless buffoons. Elves begin with elvish made items, but no armor heavier than elvish studded leather. You can wear heavier armory of non elvish make but it is almost always uncomfortable, bulky and loud. Elves have infravision 60ft.

Three main elf subgroups

Grey Elves - More inclined towards magic, thinner and smaller. Mostly black or gray hair, some white or purple. No known homelands left.

High Elves - Tall and graceful, some stand 6ft. Usually blond hair and fair skin. The most refined and dignified of elves. Their homeland lies across the seas.

Sylvan Elves (Wood Elves) - Stockier than other elves, darker skin tones with red, brown, black or blond hair. The feared natives of the Great Northern Forest. Seldom seen and mostly gone from the woods, they remain in several small pockets and keep watch over the trees, staying out of the way of the Crown's men.

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 28, 2014

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Elf Druid named Root.

Root was never the most...graceful Elf. When her brothers would quickly fly from branch to branch, effortlessly nailing targets that even a hawk would have to squint at, Root would plod along the ground with the grace of a drunken elephant and had the aim of one too. For this she was often ridiculed. One thing Root was good at was digging. she spent her days delving into every rabbit hole, snake pit and bat cave in the forest. There in the earth she developed her affinity for the spirits of the forest and the earth. There he also maintained a gentle nature and eventually found a place among her more graceful peers. The occasional treasure or gemstone she hauled up didn't hurt either. When she came of age he took the name Root, though many though she should take a dwarven one, as she was almost a beardless one. Her true fame came one day when she spotted and helped seal a spiritual blight that attempted to take root in the wood elves' magical glade. The binding gave his tribe enough time to relocate to a sister tribe nearer the coast. Unfortunately the coastal elves did not accept her strange burrowing waves and the lack of caves and soft sand left little for her to explore. So with a stoic heart and her few trinkets and gear collected from the shallow caves over the years Root set off to be an adventurer. After traveling many months she arrived in <starting place>.

Tried to roll this with googled 3.5 rules
Name: Root
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race: Sylvan Elf
Competition : pale brown
Eyes: yellow
Size: 5'2 120 lbs
Level 1:Druid

Stats:
STR: 12
AGL: 9
CON:16
INT:10
WIS:14
CHR:13

Hp: 12 +Con = 28 hp (+5 per level up) for druid
Xp: 0/???
Animal Companion: (let the thread choose,what and how we met it)

Spells
Level 0: Detect Magic - 3 per day
Level 1: Speak with Animals - 1 per day

Gear:
Backpack - (1 gold, 20 silver )
1 weeks rations, water skin
woven cloak, dark green
oak staff with quartz crystal tip (1d8 blunt)
Assorted bones, herbs and runestones
Wood carving Keepsake - image depicts mother

E: well poo poo, change the above to female and made to match a sylvan elf.
Made this before seeing mage/fighter choice. Oh well. You can use the stats. Some rolled high!

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 28, 2014

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Poland Spring posted:

An elven fighter/mage named Shemp with a bad attitude and nothing to lose

This. Grey elf. Pick up U and kill from whatever rat hole they're drinking in go gently caress poo poo up.

^what's this backstory poo poo? Are you trying to get her killed?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 28, 2014

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
(Il give rolling a shot tonight if theres still time!)

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Grey Elf Mage named Oegamiom pls

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Outrail posted:

This. Grey elf. Pick up U and kill from whatever rat hole they're drinking in go gently caress poo poo up.

^what's this backstory poo poo? Are you trying to get her killed?

Just some fluff for why a wood elf would be tooling around in dark holes and musty crypts. Also I started with the idea of a baby dwarf unwittingly raised by elves but the beard would have given it away eventually, so I thought up just a dwarfy-elf. Every character needs a little backstory and yeah, makes the eventual gristly death have some weight.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Arkanomen posted:

Elf Druid named Root.

Root was never the most...graceful Elf. When her brothers would quickly fly from branch to branch, effortlessly nailing targets that even a hawk would have to squint at, Root would plod along the ground with the grace of a drunken elephant and had the aim of one too. For this she was often ridiculed. One thing Root was good at was digging. she spent her days delving into every rabbit hole, snake pit and bat cave in the forest. There in the earth she developed her affinity for the spirits of the forest and the earth. There he also maintained a gentle nature and eventually found a place among her more graceful peers. The occasional treasure or gemstone she hauled up didn't hurt either. When she came of age he took the name Root, though many though she should take a dwarven one, as she was almost a beardless one. Her true fame came one day when she spotted and helped seal a spiritual blight that attempted to take root in the wood elves' magical glade. The binding gave his tribe enough time to relocate to a sister tribe nearer the coast. Unfortunately the coastal elves did not accept her strange burrowing waves and the lack of caves and soft sand left little for her to explore. So with a stoic heart and her few trinkets and gear collected from the shallow caves over the years Root set off to be an adventurer. After traveling many months she arrived in <starting place>.

Tried to roll this with googled 3.5 rules
Name: Root
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race: Sylvan Elf
Competition : pale brown
Eyes: yellow
Hair: ?
Size: 5'2 120 lbs
Level 1:Druid

Stats:
STR: 12
AGL: 9
CON:16
INT:10
WIS:14
CHR:13

Hp: 8 (6 for level 1 +2 for con)
Xp: 0/1500
Animal Companion: may start with one small to medium animal

Spells
No spells at level 1

Gear:
Backpack - (1 gold, 20 silver )
1 weeks rations, water skin
woven cloak, dark green
oak staff with quartz crystal tip (1d8 blunt)
Assorted bones, herbs and runestones
Wood carving Keepsake - image depicts mother (This is good elf Druid starting gear, if people want we can have Druids able to use short bows)

E: well poo poo, change the above to female and made to match a sylvan elf.
Made this before seeing mage/fighter choice. Oh well. You can use the stats. Some rolled high!

Changed or adjusted a few things, bolded my changes. This would be a good starting Druid if people choose that over Fighter/Mage. Very good roles.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Cool, thanks for fixing Luvcow. Used a 3.5 gen for the rolls. HP did seen a bit high and the spells got taken from a table.

Hair: Dirty Grey.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Still voting fighter/mage but if we go with druid I'm voting we have a drunk companion.

Edit:Spell check makes everything better. A drunk skunk

Dirty hair works for me.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Outrail posted:

Still voting fighter/mage but if we go with druid I'm voting we have a drunk companion.

Grumbles the Honey Badger
E: Luvcow do dwarfs count as medium animals?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Since we got such a good roll I will change my vote to Druid but I still want a Grey Elf due to being more adept at magic.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
can we be a druid named titwood but have bird pauldrons bird cowl and bird stuff on everything? MIght as well make it a wood elf, then we can walk up to everyone point at the birds on our armor and say LOOK AT THESE WOOD TITS. bird tramp stamp too

Back story we got kicked out of home for being too obsessed with tits, and it drove people crazy.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
yesssssssssss

Elf fighter mage of ambiguous gender identity and sexual orientation. Doctorate in the magical arts, Fron Quenphurtyr.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Root (heh Tytroot) in her current or any slightly modified incarnation is fine. Great background and decent rolls.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
also pick a gender we don't need to schmorky it up it'll just get annoying.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dontcareaboutname posted:

can we be a druid named titwood but have bird pauldrons bird cowl and bird stuff on everything? MIght as well make it a wood elf, then we can walk up to everyone point at the birds on our armor and say LOOK AT THESE WOOD TITS. bird tramp stamp too

Back story we got kicked out of home for being too obsessed with tits, and it drove people crazy.

Voting for this

dontcareaboutname posted:

also pick a gender we don't need to schmorky it up it'll just get annoying.

Femaleish.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Arkanomen posted:

E: Luvcow do dwarfs count as medium animals?

Lol. An elf would never insult an animal by insinuating that :ohdear:

If people still opt Fighter/Mage then we'll keep Root and her skunk as NPCs/old friends/contacts who will make an appearance at some point in the story.

It looks like Grey Elf Fighter/Mage is the alternative to Sylvan Elf Druid. If you choose Fighter/Mage someone either reroll or redistribute Root's rolls. I'll round out results this evening and get a final character sketch, then hopefully by sundown today the story will begin.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Wait so the elf gets a double class? I thought you meant fighter OR Mage. If it's a double class then I vote fighter/Mage all the way and that we re-roll

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

InFlames235 posted:

Wait so the elf gets a double class? I thought you meant fighter OR Mage. If it's a double class then I vote fighter/Mage all the way and that we re-roll

Yeah, the old standard basic elf was Fighter/Mage with 4000 xp for second level, 1-6 hp per level and the ability to cast spells in armor. I added ranger (2500 xp, 1-8 hp) and Druid (1500 xp, 1-6 hp) for more options.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Double class fighter/Mage is pretty good. Luvcow can we start the party as two or do you have it only set up right now for a single person party? A disciplined, orderly grey elf and her dirty, hippy, yokel woodelf-druid friend would be a pretty funny, odd-couple dynamic.

E: full disclosure I really did like the gandalf and radagast duo in the new hobbit.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Arkanomen posted:

Double class fighter/Mage is pretty good. Luvcow can we start the party as two or do you have it only set up right now for a single player party? A disciplined, orderly grey elf and her far right, dwarf hating, yokel woodelf-druid friend would be a pretty funny, odd-couple dynamic.

• Locked thread