Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Right, sheet updated again and I think we're all good.

Once more: Fat Samurai, you have three actions and a Settler to place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Sorry for the delay, I had to leave town unexpectedly and won't be back until tomorrow.

Place the Settler (Thanks, Gabriel!) in the southern most city. My first move will be to research Myths, which should trigger an event.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

No worries, I'm a little busy tonight as well.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.1.3 - Fat Samurai is the current player.

Yellow gains a Settler in the southernmost city.

Action 1: Myths is researched. Mood increases. +1 Mood token.

Event - A Good Year posted:

All players gain 2 Food.

Place an X on a non-barren hex adjacent to one of your cities. This hex no longer produces resources.

Green has no more space for Food!
Blue gains 2 Food.
Yellow gains 2 Food.
Red gains 2 Food.

Green Status (Golden Battler) | Blue Status (Gabriel Pope) | Yellow Status (Fat Samurai) | Red Status (Spincut) | Player Aid (Costs, etc.) | Rules | Available Wonders

Fat Samurai, you have 2 actions remaining. Please choose where you'd like your X.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ok, let's go with this:

2) Learn Writing using 2 food
3) Civic Improvement - Burn both Mood tokens to make the two northern cities :)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I still need to know which hex you'd like to null!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Also, for all players, I did this: Objectives.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

My cunning plan to deal with this event (hoping everyone forgets about it) has failed. Curses.

Place it on the Mountain at H2

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.1.3 - Fat Samurai is the current player.

Action 2: Writing is researched. Mood increases. Mood tokens +1.
Action 3: Civic Improvement. 2 Mood tokens are spent to happify the northernmost cities.

Turn 2.1.4 - Spincut is the current player.

Green Status (Golden Battler) | Blue Status (Gabriel Pope) | Yellow Status (Fat Samurai) | Red Status (Spincut) | Player Aid (Costs, etc.) | Rules | Available Wonders

Spincut, you have three actions. Everyone, please double-check your boards are where you'd expect? I'm pretty sure I already included the Food properly, but it doesn't hurt.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Weekend trip report: I got hammered and eliminated by the end of Round 3 in one game, then choked by barbarians in the second. I'm good at this game guys :downs:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.1.4 - Spincut is the current player.

Action 1: Engineering is researched for free. The top Wonder is revealed (and updated in the text file below.)
Action 2: Sanitation is researched for 2 Food. Mood increases. +1 Mood token.

Event - Great Scientist posted:

The first player to spend a Culture token on his turn may, as an action:

- Receive one free Science advance.
- Gain 2 Idea resources.

Barbarians Attack!... except none are within range of Red's cities.

I really, really wasn't kidding about the 'it's Civ' part.

Action 3: Red pays a Culture token to activate the Great Scientist, gaining 2 Ideas and Astronomy. Culture increases. +1 Culture token.

Turn 2.2.1 - Golden Battler is the current player.

Green Status (Golden Battler) | Blue Status (Gabriel Pope) | Yellow Status (Fat Samurai) | Red Status (Spincut) | Player Aid (Costs, etc.) | Rules | Available Wonders | Objectives

Golden Battler, you have three actions.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yesterday evening posted:

:saddowns::saddowns::saddowns:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I'm hoping that we get some barbarian regions that can be flipped upside down, because the barbarian icon turns into a really cool alien monster face when you do that.

BLARRRR

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

That happened in Round 3? I feel we are about a billion turns from being ready for war.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The very end of round 3. As you get more Advances you'll be able to do a lot more during your turn - Draft was responsible for a fair amount of that.

e: Wait no I think round 4.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 5, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
Alas, poor blue mountains.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Action 1: Voting is researched using Food. As per Writing, Green gets an additional Action and Objective card. Hands are updated.

Green Status (Golden Battler) | Blue Status (Gabriel Pope) | Yellow Status (Fat Samurai) | Red Status (Spincut) | Player Aid (Costs, etc.) | Rules | Available Wonders | Objectives

Golden Battler, you have two actions remaining.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Action 2: The southern city collects 2 Food, 1 Ore, and 1 Idea from the Academy.
Action 3: Using Ideas, Storage is researched. Mood increases. +1 Mood token.

Turn 2.2.2 - Gabriel Pope is the current player.

Action 1: Husbandry is researched with 2 Food. Mood increases. +1 Mood token.
Action 2: Civic Improvement: Nazureth is made Happy.
Action 3: Nazureth is activated, using State Religion to buy a Temple for 1 Ore, 1 Gold (Wood). 1 Mood token is gained. Sanitation is used to purchase a settler for 1 Gold (Food). Dogma grants a free Theocracy advance: Fanaticism is researched.

Turn 2.2.3 - Fat Samurai is the current player.

Fat Samurai, you have three actions.

Keen-eyed readers will notice that I use temples where I should use academies and vice versa. This is because I really think the building on the temple piece looks like an observatory, while the academy is literally a tiny Temple of Artemis. So bear that in mind. Small round building - actually an academy.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Hmnn, I thought there was giong to be another event. Anyway:

- Move the Settle South West.
- Collect from North West city, playing Mass Collection to collect 1 Ore, 1 Wood and 2 Food.
- Increase City Size of the North-East city, using an Academy.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Action 1: Settler moves Southwest. Barbarians are revealed!

Fat Samurai, you get to choose:
- Which way around the new tile is - i.e. did your settler move into forest, or mountain?
- Which plains to put the new barbarian city on. Remember their range is 2, to any given player.
- Your last two actions.

A fun game: Since the start of the game, I've placed one map tile completely wrong. Which is it?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Barbarians go in the southern plains, and I'll stick with the mountains. The Barbarians attack the closest city, correct? And what happens if I have several barbarian cities in range?

The other two orders remain the same.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Not quite. When you draw a Barbarians Attack, the biggest-populated barbarian camp that could attack hits the nearest city of yours within two spaces. So wherever you place it, both you and blue are at risk of barbarians. But they'll only be on events you draw.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Stelas posted:

Not quite. When you draw a Barbarians Attack, the biggest-populated barbarian camp that could attack hits the nearest city of yours within two spaces. So wherever you place it, both you and blue are at risk of barbarians. But they'll only be on events you draw.

And what happens if two Yellow cities are at the same distance?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Action 2: The NW city collects resources, and Mass Collection is played: Play when collecting to earn two more resources than usual.
Action 3: An Academy is built in the NE city. 2 Ideas are gained.

Turn 2.2.4 - Spincut is the current player.

Spincut, you have three actions.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

And what happens if two Yellow cities are at the same distance?

You choose which gets hit. Note that Barbarians are not guaranteed to hit - they have to roll the dice and get a hit to damage the city, unlike players who automatically take over a city if they're left alone in it. Additionally, fortresses can help protect against barbarians even without a standing Army there.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Stelas posted:

A fun game: Since the start of the game, I've placed one map tile completely wrong. Which is it?

Well, you put a barbarian tile next to my stuff. That's obviously completely wrong.

I'm not seeing the mistake here, actually. The only mandatory rules for map placement deal with water tiles, all of which touch the border except the one that I explored which had to be placed that way so that my settler didn't drown. :)

(Speaking of which, don't forget that there's a settler piece in Nazureth!)

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
My tuuuurn:

-Research Storage with my 2 ideas.
-Activate my happy city to harvest 1 wood and 1 ore.
-Activate my seaside city to harvest 1 food (from the sea, you see)

Does that work?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

except the one that I explored which had to be placed that way so that my settler didn't drown. :)

Oh, yes, I forgot you went straight down. Woo! I didn't gently caress up!

Gabriel Pope posted:

(Speaking of which, don't forget that there's a settler piece in Nazureth!)

I said I didn't gently caress up. (It'll be fixed next update.)

I'll run Spincut's stuff in just a sec - Red's Ideas have gone missing so I'm going to take the opportunity just to audit everyone's sheets.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Okay. One time I said Mood instead of Culture in-thread, but all my sheets were correct. Confusing. All sorted now.

Turn 2.2.4 - Spincut is the current player.

Action 1: 2 Ideas are used to research Storage. Mood increases. +1 Mood Token.
Action 2: 1 Wood and 1 Ore are harvested from the southern city...
Action 3: ... and 1 Food from the northern city.

Turn 2.3.1 - Golden Battler is the current player.

Golden Battler, you have three actions.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
So as I understand it, if barbarians attack settlers in the city can be used to absorb hits before buildings, correct?

Also, if you fail to kill attacking barbarians and they damage units/buildings in your city, does it count as "losing a battle" for the Fanaticism ability trigger?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

a) Yes, Settlers can absorb hits. But I'm going to rule that if your settler is alone in a city with no fortress attached, there are no 'armies' present so the hit is assured as per 'settlers in combat'. If the same situation but there're enough Barbarians attacking that they might score multiple hits, then they'll roll it and get at minimum the hit on the settler. (If there's a fortress or army present, the barbarians always roll, as there's a defender there, and if there's no settler they just roll to see if they damage buildings.)

I'm going to rule that that line was overly complex, and that barbarians always roll dice to see if they get hits.

It would be nice if this game had errata but I don't know of any.

b) The back of the book has more detailed rules for most advances and it doesn't say anything about it only being from other players, so yeah, you're good.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 8, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.3.1 - Golden Battler is the current player.

Action 1: 2 Food is used to research Economic Liberty.
Free Action: I-15 is activated to collect 2 Food, 1 Ore.
Action 2: Civic Improvement to make H-14 happy.
Action 3: H-14 is activated to build 2 Armies, spending 2 Food and 2 Ore.

Turn 2.3.2 - Gabriel Pope is the current player.

Gabriel Pope, you have three actions.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
1. Research Roads (free from Mathematics)
2. Activate Nazureth to collect 1 food, 1 wood, and 1 ore (can collect from 2 spaces away at no cost due to Husbandry + Roads)
3. Build a temple in Bluerusalem for 1 wood and 1 ore (save 1 food due to State Religion), get 1 mood, spend 1 food to build a settler with Sanitation, get Devotion as a free tech from Dogma

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.3.2 - Gabriel Pope is the current player.

Action 1: Roads is researched. Culture improves. +1 Culture token.
Action 2: D6 gathers 1 Food, 1 Wood, 1 Ore.
Action 3: A temple and settler are built in C3. +1 Mood token. Devotion is gained as a free advance.

Turn 2.3.3 - Fat Samurai is the current player.

Fat Samurai, you have three actions.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm off tonight - next update Monday evening.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ok,

1) Research Philosophy with my 2 ideas, get an extra one.
2) Use THAT idea and the food I have laying around to research Priesthood.
3) Use Priesthood to research Mathematics, getting an idea in the process.

SCIENCE!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.3.3 - Fat Samurai is the current player.

Action 1: 2 Ideas are used to research Philosophy. Mood increases. +1 Mood token. 1 Idea gained.
Action 2: 1 Food, 1 Idea are used to research Priesthood.
Action 3: Mathematics is researched for free. Culture increases. +1 Culture token. 1 Idea gained.

Turn 2.3.4 - Spincut is the current player.

Spincut, you have three actions.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I will:

-Active my happy city to harvest 2 food.
-Activate my northern city to build a Settler.
-Move my Settler one space NE.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.3.4 - Spincut is the current player.

Action 1: 2 Food is harvested...
Action 2: ... and spent to make a Settler...
Action 3: ... who moves NE.

Status Phase! Everyone, pick your free advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I'll take Writing.

• Locked thread