Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Look at that thing. It's beautiful. Everything about it is perfect. The analogue control stick, the perfect balance of precision and smoothness. The ingenious design of the ABXY buttons allowing for maximum comfort and utility. The shoulder buttons satisfyingly click when held down all the way. The c-stick is placed perfectly for quick adjustments even during intense gameplay. And the unsung hero, the left control pad, both under-utilized and under-appreciated.

It just doesn't get better than the gamecube controller. It's a crime that its innovative design hasn't become a standard across the industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have a white one OP and I find the analog stick to be slippy, but otherwise it's a decent pad. I prefer the Super Famicom one however.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
actually the dual shock is the best controller because they haven't made any meaningful additions/changes to that fucker since the ps2

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i like the xbox 360 wireless controller. I also really like that I didn't have to pay for it, since I got it for free off some microsoft club live promotion 8 years back. Thanks Microsoft, you've never had a dime of my money but I still enjoy the controller :thumbsup:

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i think it's funny how 90% of people on this planet are violent members of team gently caress Microsoft and yet nearly every single PC game made in the last five years has built in support for their 360 controller - you just plug the thing in and the game's all "oh sweet; let me replace all the keyboard prompts with controller buttons"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Minrad posted:

i like the xbox 360 wireless controller. I also really like that I didn't have to pay for it, since I got it for free off some microsoft club live promotion 8 years back. Thanks Microsoft, you've never had a dime of my money but I still enjoy the controller :thumbsup:

To bad you have to use it on a 360 unless you bought the adapter thing for like 50 dollars or w/e it is now.

Dec 26, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

i think it's funny how 90% of people on this planet are violent members of team gently caress Microsoft and yet nearly every single PC game made in the last five years has built in support for their 360 controller - you just plug the thing in and the game's all "oh sweet; let me replace all the keyboard prompts with controller buttons"

well yeah b/c theyre mostly console ports

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

matrix ripoff posted:

It sucks because half of them are games that would benefit from a better controller than a 360 controller.

Dec 26, 2012

also the gamecube controller owns, i just wish the right stick were more of a "real" stick

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
OP wasn't a picture of the wavebird, I am disappointed.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Wormskull posted:

To bad you have to use it on a 360 unless you bought the adapter thing for like 50 dollars or w/e it is now.

I've always used it on my PC, the only xbox I've ever owned was the original. consoles.... suck.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

01011001 posted:

well yeah b/c theyre mostly console ports

but even the majority of pc-only indie titles getting released use the controller - some even really press it on you, telling you the game is a bag dicks without one

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

matrix ripoff posted:

Too bad this hella confuses me when I set my ps3 controller to be read as a 360 controller. Push A? Is that X or Square idk

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

exmorte posted:

Too bad this hella confuses me when I set my ps3 controller to be read as a 360 controller. Push A? Is that X or Square idk

It's X.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i only have a piece of poo poo $9 controller from radio shack because the expensive dongles break if looked at funny. i have 2 wireless controllers sitting there.

i wonder if someone will trade me a bone controller for them. those are clicky and nice.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

exmorte posted:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
my ironimeter is at the shop can someone tell me whether ppl are legit praising the gc controller?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Hog Butcher posted:

the expensive dongles

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

my ironimeter is at the shop can someone tell me whether ppl are legit praising the gc controller?
There are speedrunners who have paid money for custom adapters for various systems so they can use GC controllers.

Dec 26, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

but even the majority of pc-only indie titles getting released use the controller - some even really press it on you, telling you the game is a bag dicks without one

can you list off osme that arent xbla ports or w/e?

Dec 26, 2012

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

the gamecube controller well and truly owns

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

There is zero irony in this thread.

other than maybe this chucklefuck

exmorte posted:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Sega Saturn's original game pad had a nice grain on its underside that I wish other controllers had.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

01011001 posted:

can you list off osme that arent xbla ports or w/e?

bardbarian
fly'n
ARES (this counts because it was a pc indie game long before it made it to xbla)
capsized (ditto)
hotline miami
ittle dew
jamestown
mercenary kings
mr bree
nihilumbra
offspring fling (i think?)
snuggle truck
super house of dead ninjas
the swapper
wizorb

i got kinda bored going down my steam library but there ya go

Dec 26, 2012

fair enough, id never heard of most of those minus hotline miami/mercenary kings/jamestown/swapper

hotline isnt pc-only but i think the ports were after the pc version

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

matrix ripoff posted:

bardbarian
fly'n
ARES (this counts because it was a pc indie game long before it made it to xbla)
capsized (ditto)
hotline miami
ittle dew
jamestown
mercenary kings
mr bree
nihilumbra
offspring fling (i think?)
snuggle truck
super house of dead ninjas
the swapper
wizorb

i got kinda bored going down my steam library but there ya go

Most of these deserve a better D-pad than the 360 has. It's Bullshit!

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
i have a bunch of gc controllers and i still dont get y the c-stick is like a big nipple instead of a real stick

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

koolkal posted:

i have a bunch of gc controllers and i still dont get y the c-stick is like a big nipple instead of a real stick

So the Nintendo Babbies have something to suck on when they get bored of the Gay Mario Games.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
they never tire of mario [insert word]

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
all nintendo controllers are bad but the GC was the least worst one

dualshock 420

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i use a ps3 controller with Scarlet.Crush's xinput wrapper and it suits my needs + i get to use a decent dpad

americong
May 29, 2013

I have yet to use a truly satisfactory controller, but the gamecube is less rear end than most

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i use a ps3 controller with Scarlet.Crush's xinput wrapper and it suits my needs + i get to use a decent dpad

ROFL... even though I use that same or similar setup.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I use an imported Super Famicom Controller and a USB adapter. If that conflicts I use a PS4 controller with the SCP Xinput thing.

Dec 26, 2012

the button layout is really good and the left stick/pad are great

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Jaguar controller bicth

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The SFC controller's one of the only things from Japs I don't regret buying since they sent me a cute thank you card with it.

On the subject of this stuff, this thing looks really sick but it's like 3000 dollars lmao.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Wormskull posted:

Most of these deserve a better D-pad than the 360 has. It's Bullshit!

I just use my ps3 controller

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

zen death robot posted:

There's always this beauty:

This was a nice pad but all I played on it was iron man and clockwork knight

Action Tortoise fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
gimme that big fuckoff controller that originally came with the original xbox. it was silly how half the size of the thing was devoted to having a huge xbox logo, but it was still comfortable to hold

• Locked thread