Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

Methanar posted:

What would their preferred tool have been if not python?

All of our internal dev stuff was .NET, management wanted me to write a GUI application in VB.NET or C# to do this. I think the vendor ended up fixing whatever the root cause that led to the missing records shortly thereafter anyway, probably after a lot of yelling at them (this was an angry place).

Hosted core isn't so bad in my experience. That particular core (Signature, formerly CBS) is actually pretty decent as far as banking cores go, the middleware is unlike most in that it's Not Awful, and I've touched almost all of the major cores in the first few years I spent at $currentJob, where I've run into some truly astounding shitshows of banking software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

nullfunction posted:

All of our internal dev stuff was .NET, management wanted me to write a GUI application in VB.NET or C# to do this. I think the vendor ended up fixing whatever the root cause that led to the missing records shortly thereafter anyway, probably after a lot of yelling at them (this was an angry place).

Hosted core isn't so bad in my experience. That particular core (Signature, formerly CBS) is actually pretty decent as far as banking cores go, the middleware is unlike most in that it's Not Awful, and I've touched almost all of the major cores in the first few years I spent at $currentJob, where I've run into some truly astounding shitshows of banking software.
Look, I'm not saying yelling at people is good, but financial software vendors are pretty universally complete loving poo poo-shows, and yelling at them is the only way to get things done. Our lending platform is such a loving disaster the software support vendor is in there probably an average of once a day. It's loving wild.

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost
It's true, and I went to work for a vendor anyway! :downsgun:

We do dumb poo poo sometimes but we're so far above the average that we look amazing by comparison

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

Look, I'm not saying yelling at people is good, but financial software vendors are pretty universally complete loving poo poo-shows, and yelling at them is the only way to get things done. Our lending platform is such a loving disaster the software support vendor is in there probably an average of once a day. It's loving wild.

This is pretty much any "niche" software vendor. Legal, medical, all the same.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Internet Explorer posted:

This is pretty much any "niche" software vendor. Legal, medical, all the same.
Ahahahahahahah, holy poo poo I used to work at a super-toxic law firm, well and truly hated my job (which made me into a bad person at the time), and at one point wrote an email to our billing software vendor that was so rude, they emailed my HR person about it (nothing sexual or violent or anything like that, just calling them incompetent in pretty brutal language). In my defense, the software was owned by Lexis Nexis, and I asked our sales rep a super basic question ("Is there a timeline for when you'll be supporting Windows 7?") and was told to burn a support hour calling their technical services line. The software only worked on Windows, and was the only software this sales rep worked on.

Oh, this was following an incident I was super pissed at them at them about as well: I'd asked about upgrading to the newest version of the software, how far out I needed to schedule, etc., and the sales person told me I just needed to let them know a week ahead of time, they had plenty of people to do it, no problem, and at this point I was inexperienced enough to believe her (I was the sole IT person). A week out I send an email scheduling it, and they tell me "oh, there's no way we can do that, this is a months-long process," but my bosses wanted this done, so I forward them the previous email and tell them they better get it done. They get a tech on it who sends me a pre-installation form to fill out, that has a part verifying that the server it's being installed on isn't a DC. I send about three paragraphs of questions/clarifications about various things with the form, including very specifically pointing out that this server is a Windows SBS 2003 server, and is very much a DC, and whether that's an actual requirement or not. The dude responds to most of my questions, but not that one (form was filled out correctly, too, pointing out that this computer is a DC), so I just assume everything is fine (let me again refer you to my inexperience). Actual install date happens, we're almost done with the install, only nothing is working. Dude asks "wait, is this a DC?" "Yes," I respond, and he says "this software doesn't work if it's a DC, that was on the form I sent you." I was... very unkind in my response, it didn't help that he was replying to the email chain that I had told him that this server is a DC, and had the form with the boxed check for "this is a DC" at the time. Dude said he missed it because the install was so rushed (and he probably wasn't wrong). It was about 5:00 his time at this point, and the dude hadn't had a lunch, and I made him stay and fix everything before he took a lunch; he was probably some poor, overworked tech, and I was a total dick to him, I'd definitely buy him a couple of drinks and apologize if I ever ran into him in-person. Not the salesperson, though; gently caress them.

The moral of my story is be nice to people, and don't stay at jobs you hate that turn you into a toxic rear end in a top hat, like the people you work for. Also, that legal software is terrible.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 28, 2020

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, that all sounds very familiar.

I've worked at law firms most of my career. :smithicide:

The problem with working for them is that once you've got that on your resume, it's a lot easier to get a job at a law firm. They are so incestuous, always thinking that their business is super special and unique. This is my last law firm. I don't care if I have to take a 50% pay cut, it's my last one.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Thanatosian posted:

Ahahahahahahah, holy poo poo I used to work at a super-toxic law firm, well and truly hated my job (which made me into a bad person at the time), and at one point wrote an email to our billing software vendor that was so rude, they emailed my HR person about it (nothing sexual or violent or anything like that, just calling them incompetent in pretty brutal language). In my defense, the software was owned by Lexis Nexis, and I asked our sales rep a super basic question ("Is there a timeline for when you'll be supporting Windows 7?") and was told to burn a support hour calling their technical services line. The software only worked on Windows, and was the only software this sales rep worked on.

Oh, this was following an incident I was super pissed at them at them about as well: I'd asked about upgrading to the newest version of the software, how far out I needed to schedule, etc., and the sales person told me I just needed to let them know a week ahead of time, they had plenty of people to do it, no problem, and at this point I was inexperienced enough to believe her (I was the sole IT person). A week out I send an email scheduling it, and they tell me "oh, there's no way we can do that, this is a months-long process," but my bosses wanted this done, so I forward them the previous email and tell them they better get it done. They get a tech on it who sends me a pre-installation form to fill out, that has a part verifying that the server it's being installed on isn't a DC. I send about three paragraphs of questions/clarifications about various things with the form, including very specifically pointing out that this server is a Windows SBS 2003 server, and is very much a DC, and whether that's an actual requirement or not. The dude responds to most of my questions, but not that one (form was filled out correctly, too, pointing out that this computer is a DC), so I just assume everything is fine (let me again refer you to my inexperience). Actual install date happens, we're almost done with the install, only nothing is working. Dude asks "wait, is this a DC?" "Yes," I respond, and he says "this software doesn't work if it's a DC, that was on the form I sent you." I was... very unkind in my response, it didn't help that he was replying to the email chain that I had told him that this server is a DC, and had the form with the boxed check for "this is a DC" at the time. Dude said he missed it because the install was so rushed (and he probably wasn't wrong). It was about 5:00 his time at this point, and the dude hadn't had a lunch, and I made him stay and fix everything before he took a lunch; he was probably some poor, overworked tech, and I was a total dick to him, I'd definitely buy him a couple of drinks and apologize if I ever ran into him in-person. Not the salesperson, though; gently caress them.

The moral of my story is be nice to people, and don't stay at jobs you hate that turn you into a toxic rear end in a top hat, like the people you work for. Also, that legal software is terrible.

If you think that's bad you should grab some popcorn and sit in on the conference calls my boss has with literally any of our vendors.

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
I work at a 100 person software company. Our software is a very extensive rework of Microsoft NAV Dynamics for a specific industry, so we are a Windows only operation. Everybody has a nice HP Elitebook G5/G6 850, no complaints. A few weeks ago, the marketing department (4 people) gets a 10K a year budget that they are allowed to spend on whatever they need for their department. The first thing they do is buy a 3700 euro 16" MacBook Pro (the i9 top model BTO'ed with 32 GB RAM), without ever consulting anybody.

What did they need it for? According to them: managing the companies website, and Twitter / LinkedIn feeds :downs:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Bokito posted:

I work at a 100 person software company. Our software is a very extensive rework of Microsoft NAV Dynamics for a specific industry, so we are a Windows only operation. Everybody has a nice HP Elitebook G5/G6 850, no complaints. A few weeks ago, the marketing department (4 people) gets a 10K a year budget that they are allowed to spend on whatever they need for their department. The first thing they do is buy a 3700 euro 16" MacBook Pro (the i9 top model BTO'ed with 32 GB RAM), without ever consulting anybody.

What did they need it for? According to them: managing the companies website, and Twitter / LinkedIn feeds :downs:

lmao amazing, marketing is just the best

mllaneza posted:

There were some servicing stack updates that you need to apply before you can activate ESU on specific devices. Four of 'em, all needing a reboot.

Also, we made a trainer cuss out his own company's product this morning. Nexthink Finder is an amazing tool, but it has a column display issue that's going to be annoying every single time we use it.

What issue is this exactly? Is it the one where it hides the rightmost column?

(loving finally someone talks about Nexthink and I can help out)

orange sky fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 28, 2020

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Bokito posted:

Fools. They could do that with iPad Pros :smug:

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Bokito posted:

Just install Parallels, problem solved. :suicide:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Bokito posted:

I would tell them then that this is their workstation for the next 10 years.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
ugh here we go...

I opened a project ticket a year ago to get a head start on installing an overhead paging system in our building. Researched options and methods, made recommendations, drew up infrastructure requirements, etc...
Of course it all got ignored and my boss hired someone to run Cat6 to ceiling boxes instead of speaker wire.
So I changed my recommendations to include IP-based devices, but I'm still not even sure if they'll play nice with our PBX. I'm sure I could figure out SOMETHING that will work, but it's all a matter of cost. Unfortunately since we're pigeon-holed to IP PoE sip devices, we're looking at having to spend WAYYYYYY more money. So everything I recommended a year ago was shot down.

Fast forward to now, someone is asking for an URGENT NEED for an overhead paging system and of course my boss jumps right on it saying "yeah sure no problem, super easy!"
Then he turns to me and says "how do we do this?" and I just forward the whole email chain from my year old project where I explain what our options are and how he shot himself in the foot by ignoring my previous recommendations and running Cat6 instead of speaker wire.

Sooooooo... does anyone have recommendations for PoE speakers that aren't like $800/each?
The speaker itself doesn't have to handle SIP or register to anything, I'm sure I can get a gateway or other device in each closet to actually handle the paging part of it, I just need to mount speakers in the ceiling that are PoE.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 28, 2020

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Just make a pigtail connector for the speakers and keep the cat6 in the wall

e: basically what I'm saying is, just because there's cat6 doesn't mean you have to use IP

The Fool fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 28, 2020

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Was this what you had costed out before that was $800? Because I'm seeing prices around half that.

https://www.algosolutions.com/product/8188-sip-ceiling-speaker/

The other option are these little boxes which are PoE and have speaker level output on, so you can use a 3rd party speaker (maybe one that has to work with your fire alarm system or whatever)

https://www.barix.com/ipformer/

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 28, 2020

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

You can take an old phone from your system and wire the speaker up to whatever other paging system you have

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Thanks Ants posted:

Was this what you had costed out before that was $800? Because I'm seeing prices around half that.

https://www.algosolutions.com/product/8188-sip-ceiling-speaker/

The other option are these little boxes which are PoE and have speaker level output on, so you can use a 3rd party speaker (maybe one that has to work with your fire alarm system or whatever)

https://www.barix.com/ipformer/
Yeah I was looking at Algo speaker (it's listed as $400 on their site.) specifically because they claim to be NEC compatible. $800 was hyperbole but even then I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to sell them on even $200/per units when my boss is linking me $35 in ceiling speakers.

That Barix unit appears to be exactly what I'm looking for, provided I can get it to play nice with our PBX.
The kicker is that he expected all of this to be crammed inside of, or at least mount to the shallow 4" junction boxes he had installed. :doh:

The other part of this that is not being considered is SIP licensing on the PBX. We're pretty much maxed out already and I'm pretty sure they'll balk at having to buy a new license for each speaker, so the multicast functionality of the Algo is looking pretty attractive.

The Fool posted:

Just make a pigtail connector for the speakers and keep the cat6 in the wall
e: basically what I'm saying is, just because there's cat6 doesn't mean you have to use IP
This is being installed in a public building. I'm pretty sure it won't pass code to run a 70v speaker level signal over 300 feet using 24AWG Cat6.
At best it's just not ideal and I would rather recommend they just suck it up and pay the vendor to come back and run speaker wire rather than commit to a sunk cost fallacy.

Bob Morales posted:

You can take an old phone from your system and wire the speaker up to whatever other paging system you have
There is no current paging system. Just Cat6 cables hanging out of j-boxes in the ceiling.
I mean, I can do a lot of things but that doesn't mean they'll be right. This really needs to be a support-able professional install that is meant to last until our next renovation (in like 20 years). So me hacking a bunch of phones or gluing Google Homes to the ceiling isn't going to cut it.
But also there is no budget for it and we won't want to spend any money apparently.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

orange sky posted:

What issue is this exactly? Is it the one where it hides the rightmost column?

(loving finally someone talks about Nexthink and I can help out)

Yeah, that's the one, the last column is way out in East Hyperspace. The back-end stuff looks pretty slick, but the column issue is going to annoy me on literally every investigation I run. Since I'm going to be using it on 2500-ish lab machines, that's going to be a lot of them.

So from a just-started-training perspective, Finder looks like I'm in the loving Matrix, how useful is it in practice ?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This is being installed in a public building. I'm pretty sure it won't pass code to run a 70v speaker level signal over 300 feet using 24AWG Cat6.
At best it's just not ideal and I would rather recommend they just suck it up and pay the vendor to come back and run speaker wire rather than commit to a sunk cost fallacy.

Totally understandable

HOWEVER

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=3597

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

300 METERS! HOLY gently caress. I didn't know that was a thing. Most of the affordable ones I'd seen were like 200 feet.
...eh but now that I think about it, it's still adding $50/60 to the cost PER speaker which might be better put towards an all in one IP device.
Thanks for the eye-opener though.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 28, 2020

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Will it matter that the inputs are mics and not speakers? Probably not but thought I would point out just in case. If your scroll down and read the questions someone asked more or less the same and was just referred to Support.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Will it matter that the inputs are mics and not speakers? Probably not but thought I would point out just in case. If your scroll down and read the questions someone asked more or less the same and was just referred to Support.

Yes, because a mic doesn't generally give line-level audio. It strongly depends on the kind of mic, though.

Edit: There's literally a mic input on the device. Still depends on the kind of mic, but the cheap ones with 3.5mm out should work fine.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Bonzo posted:

I don't need intercoms so I'm not using a microphone.
They appear to have a mic input so... I assume you could just use that. Mic level, Line level, and Speaker level inputs are all different so yeah I would not assume you could run a mic level signal over a speaker level input but it might be possible.

e: my boss just linked me the Grandstream GSC3505 asking if it could work. I mean it MIGHT but I couldn't say for certain if it will play nice with the NEC. However now I have a better idea where we stand budget wise.
...then he asked me if we could just set up a whole separate paging system using Asterisk and give our PBX the ability to dial those numbers. FML. Short answer: No. Long answer: because we can't trunk Asterisk to the NEC because we aren't licensed for it. Also, in order for our phones to reach the Asterisk pbx we would have to dial out over our PRI, then back into Asterisk through DID's from a SIP provider which means having our intercom system accept and auto-answer calls from the outside world which is the dumbest loving idea I think I've ever heard.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 28, 2020

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone on ever seen Windows devices deleting certificates from the User Personal store? I can't find a goddamn gently caress on Google about it.

Our Always On VPN User certs are pushed by GPO. some random users will get caught in this loop of their device dropping their user certificate, so they can't get back on the VPN. The Device certificate stays, so the device VPN works fine, and doing a 'certutil -user -pulse' pulls it immediately, as does a gpupdate. It can happen like 8 times to a user in one day, and reimaging their device does nothing. There's absolutely no event logs relating to the certificate being removed, a file being deleted or anything, on the device or on the issuing Windows SubCA. It's frustrating as hell. There's nothing different from these users compared to any other picked at random.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Anyone on ever seen Windows devices deleting certificates from the User Personal store? I can't find a goddamn gently caress on Google about it.

Our Always On VPN User certs are pushed by GPO. some random users will get caught in this loop of their device dropping their user certificate, so they can't get back on the VPN. The Device certificate stays, so the device VPN works fine, and doing a 'certutil -user -pulse' pulls it immediately, as does a gpupdate. It can happen like 8 times to a user in one day, and reimaging their device does nothing. There's absolutely no event logs relating to the certificate being removed, a file being deleted or anything, on the device or on the issuing Windows SubCA. It's frustrating as hell. There's nothing different from these users compared to any other picked at random.

nope but I'd start with running a rsop gpresult on the user to see if there might be any conflicting policies loving it up.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

The Advanced Network Devices kit hooked up to Informacast is not that bad.

Looks like their speakers are around 400 each on CDW, but use PoE.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Also, in order for our phones to reach the Asterisk pbx we would have to dial out over our PRI, then back into Asterisk through DID's from a SIP provider which means having our intercom system accept and auto-answer calls from the outside world which is the dumbest loving idea I think I've ever heard.

If you do end up going that route because your boss is dumb as bricks, you could always "accidentally" publish that number somewhere to drive the point home of how dumb it was. :v:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I don't need intercoms so I'm not using a microphone.
They appear to have a mic input so... I assume you could just use that. Mic level, Line level, and Speaker level inputs are all different so yeah I would not assume you could run a mic level signal over a speaker level input but it might be possible.

e: my boss just linked me the Grandstream GSC3505 asking if it could work. I mean it MIGHT but I couldn't say for certain if it will play nice with the NEC. However now I have a better idea where we stand budget wise.
...then he asked me if we could just set up a whole separate paging system using Asterisk and give our PBX the ability to dial those numbers. FML. Short answer: No. Long answer: because we can't trunk Asterisk to the NEC because we aren't licensed for it. Also, in order for our phones to reach the Asterisk pbx we would have to dial out over our PRI, then back into Asterisk through DID's from a SIP provider which means having our intercom system accept and auto-answer calls from the outside world which is the dumbest loving idea I think I've ever heard.

If he makes you do it, post the number.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

KillHour posted:

If he makes you do it, post the number.

I'm thinking I might give every speaker it's own extension so I'll post ALL the numbers and y'all can take turns calling them and playing horror movie screams into them so it sounds like you're descending into the depths of hell when you walk through the building.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Setup a wilhelm scream to play from a random speaker at a random time

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I mean I was thinking of Rick Astley through every speaker, but if you had each speaker with a different number you could stagger it by like five seconds per speaker.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I mean I was thinking of Rick Astley through every speaker, but if you had each speaker with a different number you could stagger it by like five seconds per speaker.

Just play a long clip of some low buzzing.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

1. never gonna
2. give you up
3. never gonna
4. make you cry
5. never gonna

1-5: SAY GOODBYE!

Or whatever the words are

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://github.com/pjf/rickastley

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah I was looking at Algo speaker (it's listed as $400 on their site.) specifically because they claim to be NEC compatible. $800 was hyperbole but even then I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to sell them on even $200/per units when my boss is linking me $35 in ceiling speakers.

Depending on how many you're buying, the MSRP of $400 can probably get close to $300. Honestly it's not your money and if you say that you tried to hit their wild budgets but couldn't, then whatever garbage gets purchased instead won't be something that can come back to be pinned on you anyway.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 28, 2020

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Yeah I'm not at all worried about this blowing back on me.
Like I said I proactively designed a system and made recommendations which were ignored and my boss sorta shot himself in the foot by ignoring them, and it's all documented in email and tickets.

I am concerned about doing this right though. I feel personally invested in this because it is DEFINITELY my wheelhouse, not only professionally, but it touches on several hobbies of mine.

So before ANYTHING gets installed I need to make sure it will work. Some of the installation points are like 30 feet off the ground, so whatever we go with I need to make sure that I can get a proper SPL down to where people's ears are. Also individual volume control is a must because there are other locations that are only 8' ceilings and I don't want to make anyone go deaf either.

Ironically I've probably given away to friends, more equipment than they're even willing to buy to implement this.

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data
Did a quick search on the forums, but didn't find much. Anybody have some firsthand experience of Accenture (Cloud). MyNav (?)
We are DIY, roll-your-own small business and have nearline and disaster storage (other campuses) and Glacier and haven't needed it. We aren't producing or use much data.
Finance lead is asking about Accenture now a couple of times.

So I'm going to do a demo or watch a video, but I was wondering what the :science: goon answer would be. I am hoping to find info on why we wouldn't use it. :tipshat:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

What the gently caress is it?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

My assumption is it's a private cloud aka Accenture has a bunch of data centers that they run stuff in, they're a pretty large professional services company with offices all over.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Djimi posted:

Did a quick search on the forums, but didn't find much. Anybody have some firsthand experience of Accenture (Cloud). MyNav (?)
We are DIY, roll-your-own small business and have nearline and disaster storage (other campuses) and Glacier and haven't needed it. We aren't producing or use much data.
Finance lead is asking about Accenture now a couple of times.

So I'm going to do a demo or watch a video, but I was wondering what the :science: goon answer would be. I am hoping to find info on why we wouldn't use it. :tipshat:

never heard of it at all.

quote:

Accenture myNav is a new cloud platform designed to assess, disposition, architect and simulate cloud solutions at scale to determine which will best fit your business requirements. MyNav is unique in the market, taking the guesswork out of cloud solutioning – lowering risk, cost and the time required to achieve your strategic business objectives.

Yep, bunch of consulting buzz words. I'm sure it's expensive and you'll see little benefit from it. Why's the finance lead pushing so hard on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

mllaneza posted:

Yeah, that's the one, the last column is way out in East Hyperspace. The back-end stuff looks pretty slick, but the column issue is going to annoy me on literally every investigation I run. Since I'm going to be using it on 2500-ish lab machines, that's going to be a lot of them.

So from a just-started-training perspective, Finder looks like I'm in the loving Matrix, how useful is it in practice ?

That doesn't happen in 100% of the investigations you run, I think it only happens the first time you run them, if you save them and run them again it should format correctly. Not 100% sure on what makes it happen, but I don't think it's all the time.

The finder's usefulness depends mostly on what you're interested in, but I recommend going through all the objects and right clicking the columns to see the amount of data you can get.

Depending then on if you have act and engage, it gets really interesting, you can trigger auto powershell based on collected events from the devices and fix stuff or get more on demand data from inside the script, it has a dll to import data from the device back to the engine. If you haven't, check the nexthink library to get some scripts that are already signed.

Hit me up via pm if you have any more questions, it's cool and I have 2 years experience as pre-sales with them now so I've heard all kinds of questions