Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Sepist posted:

Okta is having an outage that has knocked out almost all of our internal and client facing services. This happens once a year, and once a year someone says "why don't we just replace okta with azure AD" which also has outages so if we ever did that the conversation would become "why dont we replace azure AD with okta"

It's almost always on US hours so thankfully we only get the long tail in CET, even the last huge AAD failure was done by 0730 local time so none of our users noticed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Internet Explorer posted:

???

Poly CCX 600 is usually around $400. Then add the wireless headset.
Yealink T57W, a bit over $180 in PoE form or a few bucks more if you need a wall wart. Personally I wouldn't actually go past the T54W, I like the hard line keys. Touch screen desk phones are stupid, but we sell these because some people just want the biggest shiniest screen.

We loved Polycom through the SPIP HD era but the VVXes gave us a lot of poo poo with BLF while Yealink T4 series just worked at half the cost, and now the T5s with their built-in WiFi and support for adding DECT handsets have allowed us to fill a lot of niches we had trouble with in the past.

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

That I what I mean, if I am not mistaken even if you buy a Cisco VOIP Hardphone off of Ebay you'll still have to pay the cost to license it and attach it whatever management software.
Well, Cisco's gonna Cisco. In non-proprietary VoIP systems a softphone and a hardphone are just a SIP extension either way and do not have different costs associated with them.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

New job is a GSuite/Slack shop. Coming from decades of Outlook, Office, WebEx/Teams places this is soooooooooo nice. I never realized how much better it all is if you just switch browser tabs to change applications.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Bonzo posted:

New job is a GSuite/Slack shop. Coming from decades of Outlook, Office, WebEx/Teams places this is soooooooooo nice. I never realized how much better it all is if you just switch browser tabs to change applications.

This is a very confusing statement, considering all the microsoft things have web versions

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Meanwhile, until I can easily pin a specific web app to my task bar and have it be in a different grouping of apps than my browser, it's pretty much the only thing I dislike about using web apps. Even Chrome's pinned tabs thing doesn't stay consistently.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

MF_James posted:

This is a very confusing statement, considering all the microsoft things have web versions

Not functional ones though...

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Yeah I would much rather use a few specific fat clients than pinned tabs, and tab and window management isn't close enough to perfect.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

Meanwhile, until I can easily pin a specific web app to my task bar and have it be in a different grouping of apps than my browser, it's pretty much the only thing I dislike about using web apps. Even Chrome's pinned tabs thing doesn't stay consistently.

iOS has this feature (because Steve Jobs thought apps were stupid) and it's pretty great to pin a bookmark to the home screen and when you tap it there's no hint it's a web browser. It behaves just like an app and I really like it.

That's a long way for me to say Let web apps be managed like apps.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

I love my Polycom VVX400 speakerphone/Anveo and its BIG RED MUTE BUTTON and make dumbass MS Teams call back to it.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Anyone know a good PtP Wireless bridge? Need to cover about 150ft. Apparently running a cable is out of the question.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ubiquity has what you need

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Podima posted:

Not functional ones though...

This.

Basic functionality, sure. OWA cannot do all the things that the client can when you consider organizational tools and third party add-ons. Same with Teams.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Wibla posted:

Ubiquity has what you need

They seem to be one of the only options. I feel like this project may be ill-advised.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

At the risk of dragging the Home Networking chat in here, I'll say that watching Ubiquiti make a number of short-lived and ill-fated forays into product categories outside of networking has made me really hesitant to invest in any of their products anymore - even their standard WiFi stuff.

But PtP has been part of their core portfolio for a while, so they likely are your best bet if you want something that you can set up and ignore for 10 years because it Just Works*.

*don't update the firmware

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

For 150ft, use a Wireless Wire

https://mikrotik.com/product/wireless_wire

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How do y'all manage subscriptions and poo poo you need to put in formal cancelation requests in for? I guess I'm looking for some sort of document\contract management system or ideas. We just had an issue where we were being charged annually for building security because the previous management never actually sent in a formal letter saying to cancel services when we moved buildings. A god drat nightmare this poo poo is. Same thing happened with Mitel equipment that was being "leased" even though we didn't have their service anymore.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

RICKARUS

It's Moot baby!

Whoa, this exists??!?! This is awesome!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I used to use the ubiquity bullet m2 for projects like that. Screwed directly into whatever antenna you wanted to use.

E: they still make it - https://www.ui.com/airmax/bulletm/

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Is Ethernet over power still decent? I used that in my house for a while. Linksys as I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Keyser_Soze posted:

I love my Polycom VVX400 speakerphone/Anveo and its BIG RED MUTE BUTTON and make dumbass MS Teams call back to it.