Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
What's the best way to move off the help desk if you don't have the mind for coding, have good people skills, but don't have a bachelors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Thanks thread. I'm studying Security+ because it seems like the easiest major cert that's not total dogshit. I'm also reading up on AD and Watchguard (the MSP I work at is a Watchguard shop rather than Sonicwall). My understanding is that Powershell would be a good next step. What cloud tech subject matter might I want to look into also. Lastly, any inspirational goontales ya'll can share?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Gonna Google that stuff, thanks

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Am I crazy because I want a Windows Server SysAdmin job? Currently a senior Helpdesk dingus at an MSP, so I do a couple hours of this work each day for a couple dozen different organizations that are my company's clients.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I just made a similar move as it was an over 50% raise, big decrease in hours, and since I can get healthcare from my partner. Cheers!

Otis Reddit fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I used it last month at my old job.