Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
My boss shelved my directory service rollout project 2 months ago to reallocate me on a project that he's been working on for nearly a year and still has no loving clue what he's doing. Today he discovered that part of the core functionality we need has to have guess what?

a loving directory service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

CitizenKain posted:

The era of work from home is over as of next week at work. No real reasons were given, just orders to managers that people should be back on the 29th.
According to the boss, even though people worked well and there were no serious problems, there is no policy in place to account for people at home. Now, you'd think the 3 months that people have been locked down would be a good time to write the policy, but here we are.
Even more mystifying is that there has been no company wide directive, so people who work in states with massively rising infections are presumably treated like people in saner states.

I've been told that theres no reason for me to come back to the office again. If I want to wfh permanently, I can.

We arent opening our offices again any time soon. Maybe late this year/early next year.

This is going to save me about £350 a month and 3 hours a day in commuting costs and I get to spend more time with my son.